IGNORED

Priss and Pecan: Texas Gleanin' - Part 2

Boogalou

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Shiny said:

We have drive thru liquor stores were I come from. We just call them "drive thru liquor stores". :) 

I've never heard of a government run liquor store. I wonder how that compares to civilian owned one here in the states. (I'm assuming you aren't from the US, because of the "u" in favorably. :) ) 

I believe New Hampshire has government run liquor stores. We used to drive up to Maine, passing through NH briefly, and right off I95 was the biggest liquor store I have ever seen. All sorts of everything in there.

2 hours ago, daisyd681 said:

Isn't the beltway the big road that goes around the perimeter of DC proper?

Yes.  I know it well.

3 hours ago, daisyd681 said:

Isn't the beltway the big road that goes around the perimeter of DC proper?

I call the grassy area between the sidewalk and the street the beltway.

@psycho-hope, My car has a boot and a bonnet, too, but then she's a MINI Cooper and that's how things roll with MINIs.  We honor their British heritage with the terminology.  My bonnet latch is on the right hand side of the car although the steering wheel is not.

So did anybody watch the new Pecan and Pris easter video? I didn't because I have a feeling it's nothing but Catholic hating. From the comments apparently they only celebrate Easter on Good FRiday. 

4 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

So did anybody watch the new Pecan and Pris easter video? I didn't because I have a feeling it's nothing but Catholic hating. From the comments apparently they only celebrate Easter on Good FRiday. 

Where are you seeing this? Nothing on their Youtube, Instagram, or blog.

14 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Cancel the Duggars had a link to a video from the Umbrella Army

Oh, that's the one from last year. Nothing anti-Catholic about it, but no redeeming qualities, either.

My family is mostly in Kansas and Nebraska, and we call them tennis shoes.

Former Nebraskan, used tennis shoes but sneakers wasn't unheard of as well.

Never heard of beltway used, then again I liven in a fairly rural area growing up. Few stop lights, fewer medians and no beltways.

On 24/3/2016 at 3:56 AM, PennySycamore said:

@psycho-hope, My car has a boot and a bonnet, too, but then she's a MINI Cooper and that's how things roll with MINIs.  We honor their British heritage with the terminology.  My bonnet latch is on the right hand side of the car although the steering wheel is not.

oooo I love MINI's tho cant justify the cost of one :(  I hear ya I drove a bit when I was over, I went from a car the size of a fiat 500 to a f150 and sitting on the opposite side of the car and driving an automatic....i normally drive a manual, lets just call it interesting....

My MINI was used so I paid less for it. but the new ones are pricey.  Mine's about 12 years old now, but still has plenty of life left.  

Just took that quiz... not surprised it couldn't really pin me down since I grew up in Nebraska to non-Nebraskan parents and have lived in CA for over 20 years (it got me generally as upper midwest/ west so reasonably correct).  The one crazy thing was that one of the 3 'most likely' cities was Rockford IL.. and I've never lived there but my parents did for a few years after I grew up.  

On 3/20/2016 at 4:42 PM, catlady said:

i just took the test, and it pegged me for Fresno CA, Salt Lake City, and Rochester NY.  Rochester is very close to where i live now, but i probably confused it a little since i grew up in NY, MA, ME, VT, and a short stint in central CA (near Fresno, and i've never lived in UT).  i recognized a few answers as being very common to western NY, but i didn't select them because they're not what i'm accustomed to using.  still very interesting.

I also got Fresno and SLC, but also got Modesto, CA, which is still about 75 miles from where I live (I'm in the Bay Area proper, not the valley). 

On 3/26/2016 at 1:15 PM, Mela99 said:

ok, what is this? i saw this mentioned on another thread as well. is this a thing? what's the rationale behind celebrating the resurrection on good friday?

Took the test and all my top three places were very close each other in the Los Angeles area. In my case it only shows the power of tv and movies. English isn't my first language and like pretty much every other teen around here in the 90s I grew up watching US (probably Hollywood) made tv shows and movies. All the shows are subtitled here so no dubbing. Oh, the original Beverly Hills 90210 :56247951a4b60_32(2):

5 minutes ago, JMO said:

I forget, when is she due again?

October. I don't think they've announced the actual day yet, just that it's in October. 

i was finally able to take that dang quiz...newark, philly, baltimore...one of those is right anyway LOL

On 3/25/2016 at 9:19 PM, Ungodly Grandma said:

I believe New Hampshire has government run liquor stores. We used to drive up to Maine, passing through NH briefly, and right off I95 was the biggest liquor store I have ever seen. All sorts of everything in there.

I'm not a drinker, just use the stuff for cooking, and when I stop at one of the NH liquor stores, I am just overwhelmed.  

16 hours ago, MayMay1123 said:

i was finally able to take that dang quiz...newark, philly, baltimore...one of those is right anyway LOL

It finally worked for me too. It guessed Yonkers and NYC form me. I'm in Ireland, so they are as physically close as possible I suppose :)

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived