IGNORED

skinwalkers

Lillybee

This is a series based on Tony Hillerman's Navaho novels. It is now available on Netflix.It follows the novels and does a great job. I think that this series is true to the Hellerman books. Wes Stoudi is a perfect Joe Leaphorn and I wish that there were more than three episodes made.

w

7 hours ago, Lillybee said:

This is a series based on Tony Hillerman's Navaho novels.

Thanks for letting me know about this.   Decades ago, I devoured the Tony Hillerman detective novels.  When I bought a Kindle recently, the series (plus Hillerman's autobiography) were my first downloads.  I'll have to check out the Netflix series. 

I just noticed these on Netflix. Exciting that these are from Tony Hillerman's novels that I loved. I even lived in New Mexico for two years.

I thought that this series did a good job of explaining and honoring the Navajo culture.

Checked out the first one and I really loved it. Fan of the Hillerman mysteries, and the guy who plays Joe Leaphorn is very suave and cool.

This might be enough to convince me to join Netflix.  I'm a sucker for Hillerman.  (Born & raised in NM - my whole family reads Hillermans.)  I'm not totally enthralled with his daughter's writing, but I would love to see a good series based on his writing.

His daughter's book that I read was fine, not great.

The series is not without flaws, but if you love the novels, you will enjoy them,

• 4 months later...

I enjoyed this show. I like a nice, slow burn in mysteries. I didn't know the source material, but am anxious to read the books now.

Archived