IGNORED

Raquel: The subtext continues to become text

Terrie

So her latest "masterpiece" is about how people need to work at relationships, even when they're hard, because people hit the first bump and give up, and yes, sometimes relationships don't work out, but if you pick the right person and "sideswipe" the blows, it will!

Riveting stuff from the wielder of words. Because what the world needs is more relationship advice from someone who claims to have never been in one.

What, like pick a relationship, and no matter what terrible things happen, or how badly matched you are, stay in it?

Raquel, you're a nitwit.

Wait, didn't she break up with a boyfriend fairly recently? Why didn't she 'ride out the bumps' with that one? Why do the rest of us have to 'suck it up, buttercup' but Miss Raquel can go dumping a guy for having the wrong blood type or whatever her impossible standard of the week is?

Because Raquel a SPECIAL and GODLY and she can't settle for just a regular dude.

I mean, everybody else does, obviously. Just not her.

Do we know if she dumped the guy? Or did he dump her? Because given her poorly written passive-aggressive nonsense, I suspect the later.

If my memory is right - she dumped him.  Cheating?  alleged cheating?  Admittedly it is hard to tell from a combination of her writing skill/style and her history of fictional blog posts/tweets.  

Given that it's Raquel, I'd stick with alleged. Who knows what counts as cheating her mind. 

54 minutes ago, Terrie said:

Given that it's Raquel, I'd stick with alleged. Who knows what counts as cheating her mind. 

Well, I'd think finding a male best friend in Peru, writing longing blogs about him and talking about sniffing his clothing that she stole/ got as a gift from him might count as cheating in most worlds not peopled by Raquel.

In my reading of Raquel's now edited blog and the archives here I did wonder how many male best friends she has.  I also note that she throws that best friend term around a lot (and wonder if she knows what it really means)

It's painfully obvious that Raquel is a person with much more in the way of theories about relationships than actual experience being in one.

Yes, relationships take work and there will be ups and downs. Sometimes, though, the first bump shows you that you simply aren't compatible... and if that's the case, it's better to part ways rather than try to delay the inevitable. It's not healthy to put a high-stakes investment into a connection before you've had time to figure out if it can actually work or not; that's totally backwards.

Also, I don't think she knows what "sideswipe" means. Does she not drive? 

2 minutes ago, clueliss said:

She must drive - she's had two accidents per her blog, I think.  

Well, that could explain the "sideswipe" thing equally well, then. ;)

Oh dear.  Now I see the entry.  

learning, learning, learning.  how about being?  Because apparently in the category of hard relationships my father was not capable of this and preferred being a jerk.  

Chose to be with?  And what if they turn out to be the proverbial wolf in sheep's clothing?  

blah blah blah 'making it work.'  Raquel dear, going back to my parents - exactly how long are you supposed to make it work?  Because my parents were married for like 17 years or so before my mother divorced him.  How long was she to live in a loveless marriage with 2 kids married to a man who sold our house, moved us above a tiny grocery store in a wide spot in the road town leaving her in charge of the store because he was certainly not a business person, hell he couldn't go to bed on time or wake up early enough in the morning.  The man checked out as a parent.  And she was supposed to just make it work?  Again for how long?  

Oh and you might want to consider deeply DEEPLY why you are quoting the movie Indecent Proposal.  (I'm gonna throw that in the same mental category as your February 2015 post on 50 Shades).  

Wait!  Wait!  Is that people who twist her words a shout out to us????

And, um what DO you mean by make it work not ending up together?  Wouldn't making it work be - well - making it work?  Because why would you make it work and not be together?  Or have you gone to a different universe with word meanings there oh word wielder.  

It all boils down to, "if you choose to be with the right person, and you both try really really hard, you will  be able to make your relationship work, except when you won't."

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've just finished reading the vast majority of this fracking rabbit hole. :pb_eek: Did I miss anything big in the most recent other thread (something about the novel in the title)? Because I've been down there since last week and I really need to clean the kitchen and do some laundry or there's going to be issues. :pb_lol:

Because of Raquel I have now explained to my teenager what a special snowflake is and had a heart-to-heart with both kids about Internet sharing (or over sharing ftm). I have long had sympathy for Jaden Smith because all those deep thoughts went into a journal when I was a teenager. Thank FSM that there was no social media then. Raquel, on the other hand, oi. 

Archived