IGNORED

Lilly Wachowski comes out as trans

16strong

I'm going to let her letter speak for itself. It is awesome, moving, and makes me angry at the same time. I will say though, that I am glad someone is taking a swing at that ass-backwards, straight from the 5th century B.C. excuse for a "newspaper," The Daily Fail. It's a shame that she wasn't permitted to come out on her own terms, but I am glad to see someone more lgbt sensitive take the spotlight from Caitlyn Jenner.

http://www.windycitymediagroup.com/m/APPredirect.php?AID=54509

Why is it anyone's business to out someone??? I feel bad for her having to come out when she clearly wasn't ready to come out yet. Why do these "news" organizations feel it is there job to potentially ruin someone else's life?? Trans people have a large suicide rate and forcing someone "out" could be a trigger for that person.

I wish Lilly luck on her new adventure. I hope she remains positive and remembers keep the love in and let the hate flow out.

1. That letter was strikingly beautiful. Lilly strikes me as being incredibly intelligent, compassionate, and strong. I'm not familiar with the work she and her sister have done - or at least I'm not familiar with their old names - but I'll be rectifying that soon. That letter was so moving - I can only imagine how good their work must be.

2. The fact that she wasn't able to share who she is when she felt ready.... That pisses me off. Who the fuck does that asshole reporter think he is?! What fucking right does anyone have to harass another person like that?!

3. To close, this reporter is the exact reason I decided not to go into Journalism. So many journalists care more about ratings and sales - they completely overlook the fact that there are real people being impacted by the stories they cover. This poor excuse for a journalist makes me sick.

Archived