IGNORED

Are misogyny and sexism dead? Is feminism a no longer needed, out to date concept?

laPapessaGiovanna

So the word "feminism" is kryptonite, better avoid the bad press, let's change the label! *sarcasm

Also just for your information feminism crosses the borders of the US. And I bet that the women that are fighting to get an education and stop FGM, child marriages and other extremely harmful practices against women don't care how you call it in the US. This Italian woman who would want that her job didn't depend on how catholic and how married she is, just doesn't care. Many don't even care for how different the "third wave" is from the second and the fourth and the fourth and a half. In fact for most women concrete solidarity is what matters.

With this I mean to say that if we forget what is at the core of feminism you can change the name all you want but it will always stink. Personally I prefer to try to be a good woman and a good feminist and connect with every woman and every battle for equality  instead of worrying about the bad press, my daughter will learn from me as I learned from my mother and my teacher, professors and all the amazing women I meet in my life and she will be proud to be a woman. Or even "woman" isn't a good word anymore? 

Archived