IGNORED

Jana Duggar: Courting or hype?

Kelsey

I don't think it's bizzare for him to start building up a portfolio of properties while living at home.  That's the family M.O., and he's the third generation of it.  That's what they know how to do.  Good for him, I say.  

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

What is odd about JD is that we don't see him have a life without/outside his family.  Maybe he has such a life, but we don't see it on TV.

The reality show has been off the air, but you can find out about him on the Internet.  In January, for example, he spent the entire month traveling with his girlfriend. :cool:

4 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

The reality show has been off the air, but you can find out about him on the Internet.  In January, for example, he spent the entire month traveling with his girlfriend. :cool:

Who is his girlfriend? 

1 minute ago, Hera said:

Do they own their own homes and just not live in them, though?  That's the part I find so bizarre.  

I know one case (an American student) who moved in with his parents after his divorce and is renting out his condo.  He is the one I was thinking of when I mentioned getting his laundry done because he told me this was one of the perks. 

I don't know other details, but my point is that living with parents is not always a sign that the parents are controlling or the son/daughter is a wimp.

However, with JD, who knows . . .  I certainly hope he gets to control his own money! 

7 minutes ago, doubleT said:

Who is his girlfriend? 

I think the poster is referring to when John-David drove the Reiths around. Sarah was on the trip, but there hasn't been any mention as to what kind of relationship they have. She could be just acquainted with him.

5 minutes ago, season of life said:

I think the poster is referring to when John-David drove the Reiths around. Sarah was on the trip, but there hasn't been any mention as to what kind of relationship they have. She could be just acquainted with him.

56e092ea021b2_JohnDavidJanuary2016.jpg.b

1 minute ago, season of life said:

OK, thanks.  I thought JD drove the Reiths around last summer, but the pictures took awhile to surface.  I thought I had missed out on some big JD news.

One part of me wants John-David to court so he can have a partner and live his own life but the other part of me doesn't want him reproducing like the other Duggar kids.

2 minutes ago, season of life said:

One part of me wants John-David to court so he can have a partner and live his own life but the other part of me doesn't want him reproducing like the other Duggar kids.

Hahaha I had to read your post twice.  I thought you wrote "one part of me wants to court John-David."

This picture came from what claims to be John David's Twitter account.  He has some comment about how time has passed and mentions Jana.  I assumed it was a pic of Jana and him.  I thought people might enjoy seeing it on this thread. And it lets me practice uploading pictures.

image.jpeg

I don't think John David has a Twitter account.

And I think he drove the Reiths around last Summer, not January.

I haven't heard that he is officially courting anyone. If he were, I would think we would have seen more photos than just the tour ones.

1 hour ago, EmCatlyn said:

Different times, different families, different countries BUT:

My father (iin Cuba) lived with his parents until he got married in 1953.  He was 31.  He had a college education and a good job with a multinational accounting firm.  

Flash forward to 1981. My (female) cousin in Miami turns 30 and decides that she wants a home of her own. She puts a down payment on an apartment.  Her father is terribly offended and doesn't speak to her for almost a year.

I refused to come "home" (to Puerto Rico at that point) after earning my master's degree in 1978 and my parents were not pleased.  But I got a job (two jobs, actually) and made noises about research and libraries and so forth and they put a nice face on it.  They preferred to pretend to their friends that I was still a student and living in a dorm, though.  

This is not that odd among Latinos even today.  The son of another cousin --turned 30 last month-- still shares a house with his mom, though they mostly lead separate lives.

Even among Americans, I know a fair number of boomerang kids who spend at least a couple of years after college living with parents.  And there are a few who just like having someone else do their laundry.  

What is odd about JD is that we don't see him have a life without/outside his family.  Maybe he has such a life, but we don't see it on TV.

My SIL is Latin.

His brother is 31, working, still living at home.

His 2 sisters and their families still live on the "compound."

My SIL is the only one living in his own place.

He and my daughter married when he was 35...up until that time he lived at home.

He calls his parents every day and sees them several times a week, and every Sunday afternoon is spent at his parents' home.

Now, they live So America and we live in California.

They cannot understand how my daughter moved to SA for a job- it baffles them.

Skype is a wonderful thing.

17 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I don't think John David has a Twitter account.

And I think he drove the Reiths around last Summer, not January.

I haven't heard that he is officially courting anyone. If he were, I would think we would have seen more photos than just the tour ones.

Well it says Official John David Duggar twitter and definitely has family pictures.  Could be a fake, of course.

Here is the link for examination.

John David Duggar Twitter

It doesn't say anything I would expect a fake would say-- it is talking about birthdays and hints about courtships and so forth.  I thought the comment about leaving Josh out was appropriate given the timing. And it hasn't been updated since around the time of the first scandal/ cancellation of the show.  I got the impression it might be something TLC got him to do, but it could be a fraud.

Mostly the picture looked authentic, but if it isn't, I hope the mods will remove. 

35 minutes ago, season of life said:

John David already has his own life.  Before he was with Sarah, he was with Laura DeMasie.  Plus, he gets to fly the family airplanes anywhere he wants and be active in the community as a constable  He is really the most free of all of the kids.

His big problem is that he looks middle-aged and he is only 26.  He can't even seem to stand up straight.  I think the lack of sports when the kids were growing up and a disgusting diet takes its toll.  He doesn't look healthy at all.

But, he does seem like a nice guy and seems to really care about his siblings. Since the downfall of Josh, I think he would take over as head of the clan and take care of his mom and the kids if something happened to Jim Bob.  That said, I hope he finds someone who wasn't homeschooled in the Gothard tradition and just has three or four kids of his own. 

11 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Well it says Official John David Duggar twitter and definitely has family pictures.  Could be a fake, of course.

It doesn't say anything I would expect a fake would say-- it is talking about birthdays and hints about courtships and so forth.  Mostly the picture looked authentic, but if it isn't, I hope the mods will remove. 

John David's 'twitter' also follows Joseph, Joy-Anna, and Jana's 'twitter' 

it all looks fake to me especially after the Duggars said that only Jessa, Jill, Josh, and Si have social media

Yeah, looks fakey to me too. Especially the courtship "teaser." Anyone can write "official" on a Twitter page. I know they were home schooled by an idiot...but the grammar, spelling, punctuation mistakes are pretty over the top.

JD was dating/courting Laura DeMaise? I thought that was a rumor based on photos where they are sitting by each other.

ETA - The more I read....yeah...100% fake. "Gotta go to work Mama won't stop asking when will I find my special girl I tell her I'll find one"

Also..."Favorite this tweet if you think Jana should get twitter" followed by a link to fake Jana twitter.

4 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

John David's 'twitter' also follows Joseph, Joy-Anna, and Jana's 'twitter' 

it all looks fake to me especially after the Duggars said that only Jessa, Jill, Josh, and Si have social media

The real question is whether the picture is fake or not.  What do you all think?

(If I were making up a fake Twitter account, I would make it more interesting-- but I guess whoever made it up is not me. ;) ) 

3 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

The real question is whether the picture is fake or not.  What do you all think?

(If I were making up a fake Twitter account, I would make it more interesting-- but I guess whoever made it up is not me. ;) ) 

Whether what picture is fake? I'm just seeing the same old photos I've seen a bunch of times before.

That account looks to be linked to other fake accounts. Probably the same person doing weird role playing games.

I really doubt it's JD's Twitter account.

The photos of JD and Jana as toddlers have been taken from TLC somewhere, as can be seen by the logo in the bottom right of the pic and there's also some text which seems to be an ad for some forthcoming program. Why would JD have to/want to do that?

Photos probably taken from here or a similar site: http://duggarfansacrosstheworld.weebly.com/home/happy-24th-birthday-jana-and-john-david

48 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

It doesn't say anything I would expect a fake would say-- it is talking about birthdays and hints about courtships and so forth.  I thought the comment about leaving Josh out was appropriate given the timing. And it hasn't been updated since around the time of the first scandal/ cancellation of the show.  I got the impression it might be something TLC got him to do, but it could be a fraud.

Mostly the picture looked authentic, but if it isn't, I hope the mods will remove. 

Lol. If you look at who he's following, he's following an account named One Direction, which appears to be a fan account. it also doesn't appear that any of the real official Duggar twitter accounts are following him. The clown behind this account is probably also the creator of Jana, Jinger, Joy-Anna, and even little Johanna's account.

P.S.

If you go to the "official" account of Joy-Anna, the description reads "The official account oh Joy-Anna Duggar." Lol. Probably some creeper.

1 hour ago, season of life said:

I know in (secular) girl world, dating a friend's ex is strictly off limits.  Considering that JD is close enough to be the best man at Zach Bates' wedding, I wonder how he feels about it.  Is dating your friend's ex as taboo in guy world as it is in girl world?

I am going to predict that Jinger is courting. She 'preferred not to answer that question' in the promo....turned her head away. Reminds me of Jessa ' s 'I have no news to share at this time' when there was pregnancy speculation. The phrasing is too careful....the question is never answered, so there is not a 'lie'. Joy did something similar....but her response seemed SO naive, at least the way it was edited....that I believe she might LIKE like a boy, but doesn't know yet if he likes her back. LIKE likes, not just likes.

32 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Yeah, looks fakey to me too. Especially the courtship "teaser." Anyone can write "official" on a Twitter page. I know they were home schooled by an idiot...but the grammar, spelling, punctuation mistakes are pretty over the top.

JD was dating/courting Laura DeMaise? I thought that was a rumor based on photos where they are sitting by each other.

ETA - The more I read....yeah...100% fake. "Gotta go to work Mama won't stop asking when will I find my special girl I tell her I'll find one"

Also..."Favorite this tweet if you think Jana should get twitter" followed by a link to fake Jana twitter.

The rumors about JD and Laura were just that, rumors and speculation. Now a days, if people see a Duggar kid (like we've seen with JD and Jana very recently) within 40 feet of someone of the opposite gender, they assume they're gonna get married with them.

5 minutes ago, Kjaerringa said:

I am going to predict that Jinger is courting. She 'preferred not to answer that question' in the promo....turned her head away. 

I think Jinger has the hots for Lawson Bates, but he hasn't committed to her yet.

43 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Whether what picture is fake? I'm just seeing the same old photos I've seen a bunch of times before.

That account looks to be linked to other fake accounts. Probably the same person doing weird role playing games.

I posted a picture that was supposed to be of Jana and JD from that site.  

24 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Lol. If you look at who he's following, he's following an account named One Direction, which appears to be a fan account. it also doesn't appear that any of the real official Duggar twitter accounts are following him. The clown behind this account is probably also the creator of Jana, Jinger, Joy-Anna, and even little Johanna's account.

P.S.

If you go to the "official" account of Joy-Anna, the description reads "The official account oh Joy-Anna Duggar." Lol. Probably some creeper.

Makes sense.  I didn't look at the account, just browsed the pictures.  Since I don't tweet (never found anything I wanted to share with the entire universe yet) I just took it at face value.  

Archived