IGNORED

Jana Duggar: Courting or hype?

Kelsey

People started talking about Jana possibly courting when they released the promo for Counting On. Now, every day there's a couple magazine articles that speculate that she may be courting.

http://www.mnrdaily.com/article/jana-duggar-news-jana-hangs-out-with-new-guy/9047.htm

I think it's just hype. She didn't look particularly happy  (imo) when she said "I totally didn't see this coming!" 

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, and when you are astonishingly pretty, mid twenties, all over the tv and tabloids and EVERYONE knows your single and 'praying' about a husband, whose feet you will kiss, and this guy shows up, your first response will be "I totally didn't see this coming' ??

(Edited to say, speculation about what she totally didn't see coming would make a great thread. Whatever it was, I bet someone at fj did see it coming. Lol)

Assuming Jana is now or ever does court, it would still be hype. When Jill and Jessa were courting, there was all the hype about how Derick and Ben weren't ATI and might lead them towards more mainstream lives, and instead they've all been assimilated even further into the Duggar-Borg. Unless something really dramatic happens, I predict that the future Mr. Jana will be another weak-willed fundie guy who can easily be convinced to give up his independence and identity.

As long as the Duggars worship at the altar of JB Duggar, there will be no Chad Paine entering any of their lives.

Derick was an educated man with an independent job- and now he's Shaggy Doo aimless walking around Central America talking about Jesus.

Ben was a teenager looking for easy money and a legit sexual outlet.

Hell, even Sierra D looks like she wants in on the Duggar Gravy Train via constant procreation.

If she IS courting, I believe it is nothing more than a PR and/or plot device courtship. If the fans want Jana to court, then by god, Jana will court.

23 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

As long as the Duggars worship at the altar of JB Duggar, there will be no Chad Paine entering any of their lives.

Derick was an educated man with an independent job- and now he's Shaggy Doo aimless walking around Central America talking about Jesus.

Hell, even Sierra D looks like she wants in on the Duggar Gravy Train via constant procreation.

One of the many problems that Duggars have is that they continually surround themselves with and marry leghumpers who only tell them what they want to hear. Anna's family were Duggar leghumpers when they were still only celebrities in the ATI world and local curiosities in NWA. Derick and Ben were both leghumping fans who got lucky in every sense of the term. Marjorie's family belongs in another tier of leghumpers, which consists of local fundie and fundie lite families who are content to be hired help for the Duggars, whether in the form of providing various lessons for the kids, doing chores, or providing political favors. If the Jacksons are still useful to the Duggars, I don't see them ending their relationship with them, even with a broken courtship. To me, this situation is no different than that of mainstream celebrities who surround themselves with parasitic entourages that encourage their worst behavior.

I think it's hype 

36 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I will have to say the girl who shall not be named she is no where to be seen so that is a good thing 

as for Shaggy - I think he knew what he wanted back then - ie grifting with a wife - maybe he thought that would would equal goodness plus she is fundie royalty 

as for sierra the girl complains about ironing - she is next in line for fundie royaly only because she will be on the show all the time - it has already started - calling it 

Ben - the edgy preacher saw many outlets and chose and ran after them - nothing different from him or Derick 

When Jana said she didn't see this coming, it could have been anything. TLC will take anything out of context to try to boost viewers.

I think it's likely that there is increasing pressure from TLC/the fans for Jana to court. And the Duggars are desperate for $$$ and getting back into the viewers good graces, so more headlines about how "Cinderella Duggar" is forced to babysit everyone else's kids at the TTH while her sisters got married and lead their own life now is certainly not what the Duggars or TLC want.

I just hope that Jana won't get coerced into anything she doesn't want to.

Hype, hype, hype. In my dreams, Jana's husband will have fat stacks of cash and a real education and sees his wife as a real human being. But those are just dreams and I know whoever gets married to her will be a JB-worshipping loser.

Derick seems spineless. That sounds rude, but he had a stable job at Walmart and gave it up to do nothing and grow a beard.

Ben was a dope from the beginning, but at least he was a single dope without a baby.

As for Sierra, I don't know. Maybe one of her kids will eventually court one of the M kids or Spurgeon or Israel.

3 hours ago, CharityBear said:

Someone needs to clone Chad Paine for Jana.

The problem is maybe the Chad Paine type is looking for the Erin Bates type. Chad is a good looking, seemingly nice guy, from a respected ATI family. I don't doubt he could have had any number of perfect, fundy SAHDs. Instead, he wanted Erin, who had ambition, her own career, worked her way to a college degree. He is obviously mad for Erin and so proud of her acomplishments. He crosses me as the guy who would do whatever he had to in order to help his wife reach her dreams. He didn't go after the Jana Duggar type, sweet as she seems to be. Maybe he needs more to stimulate him than pretty snd sweet. I wonder if the stakes are getting higher in these fundy marriages, just like in the normal world.

People want more than someone who meets the minimum standards to be acceptable in their communities.It may become harder to marry off the Duggar girls because they bring nothing to the table other than being sweet and pretty. Do they have individual interests, ambitions or even thoughts? So far the Duggar girls are not fairing so well in th marriage battle You have Derrick, who seems to be devolving right before our eyes and Ben, who is, well Ben. Neither seems to be anything to brag about. 

I wonder if the molestation has cut down on possible suitors. Jill and Jessa were already married, so it was OK for them to defend Josh on Fox news. We all know who the other 2 are, even though we don't speculate here. I wonder if the girls are somehow "tainted", so there won't be as many guys to come courting. Of course, there's always those who want the fame and fortune, and are not so likely to worry about the impurities. Did Jill and Jessa tell their future spouses about Josh? I'm guessing not.

What a messed up family which seems to compound their issues not try to fix them. Being on tv will not make their situation better.

3 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Assimilated into the Duggar-borg.

New post count title?

Resistance is futile :kitty-wink:

I'm saying hype.  I've been wrong so many times lately that maybe if I say hype it'll be the opposite. 

As for the Duggar ladies not having their own interests and not being as attractive to fundie guys, if that's the case it's all on the parents.  Jinger has her photography and if she were a Bates she would have been encouraged to take it further.  Who knows what interests Jana had that got shot down,  I think there are still lots of guys interested in them but JB needs to get his head out of his butt.

JB will simply pick out a fundie suitor for Jana if he thinks it will help the ratings And all he has to say is, "Jana I met someone I think would be perfect for you." And she would be obliged to go along w/it. Why not sooner? She's way to valuable in that home to just "give her away."

Think how the dynamics in the house would have to change if Jana was not there. That would leave the balance of work to just Jinger & Joy-Anna. Cooking, supervising...how many are left? Little ones. 4 little girls, the Mkids, and the half-grown, not yet civilized middle boys. But I'd bet you JB would sacrifice Jana if he didn't pull in good ratings on this new show.

I live for the day Michelle says, "Oh,fuck it. Have the school bus stop at the gate." She'd hire a slave maid to clean & Joy-Ana can cook. Remember how enthusiastic she looked when she was learning to make the bread. The buddy system might have to go out the window.

5 hours ago, CharityBear said:

Someone needs to clone Chad Paine for Jana.

Jana seems like a very nice girl, but she needs to wait her turn.  I am WAY in front of her in the Chad Paine clone line!!!

I don't know a whole lot about Chad. Everyone seems to love him. But aren't they still a part of the same cult??

I don't think Jana is courting. I think Joy and Jinger will find someone before her.

Being a dreamer, I like to think that "I totally didn't see this coming!" is about Jana going to college....

:D

Those kids couldn't make it in public school. Can you imagine them walking across the desks to leave the classroom because they were bored? Josie would be licking everone's lunch. I wouldn't inflict the Duggar kids on any classroom.

If it's what Jana wants, then I hope so.  I'd love to see her out of the house.  I don't trust Jim Bob's approval capabilities though.  I'd rather she talked to Kelly Bates about a potential candidate's suitability. 

Archived