IGNORED

Anna Duggar and the M kids part 6

Boogalou

55 minutes ago, Gossamer1 said:

No, your mistake was not putting them in the trashcan!  Horrible little things.

If someone has gone to the trouble of making dinner for me I will eat whatever is put in front of me as a sign of gratitude if not actual enjoyment.  The only two exceptions are bell peppers (they do terrible things to my stomach ) and brussels sprouts.  I really hate them that much.

I personally support your hatred of Brussels sprouts. More for ME!!!! :pb_lol:

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Gossamer1 said:

No, your mistake was not putting them in the trashcan!  Horrible little things.

If someone has gone to the trouble of making dinner for me I will eat whatever is put in front of me as a sign of gratitude if not actual enjoyment.  The only two exceptions are bell peppers (they do terrible things to my stomach ) and brussels sprouts.  I really hate them that much.

Right? They are little green nuggets of evil.

Oh, but BABY brussels sprouts.... roasted, with butter.... cue the angel choir..

11 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Oh, but BABY brussels sprouts.... roasted, with butter.... cue the angel choir..

Hush! Stop telling them our secrets! Uh...nothing to see here people, move along...

7 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Baby spawn of satan, more like. Nasty, horrid things better left nowhere near my plate.

12 minutes ago, Playagirl said:

Baby spawn of satan, more like. Nasty, horrid things better left nowhere near my plate.

I'll make you a deal. I'll eat and enjoy your Brussels sprouts if you eat my parsnips (shudder).

4 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I'll make you a deal. I'll eat and enjoy your Brussels sprouts if you eat my parsnips (shudder).

I personally support your hatred of parsnips. You're my kind of people, cause: More for MEEEEE! :pb_lol:

On 4/21/2016 at 7:03 PM, ksgranola1 said:

And Mac is old enough to have the talk with about "inappropriate touching." I think she'd tell.

This family has shown they don't care if you tell, nothing will change.

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

No deal. Parsnips are just as nasty. I will, however, eat your green or yellow beans. Or your raw carrots and cauliflower. Keep your tomatoes, though.

2 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

This family has shown they don't care if you tell, nothing will change.

Telling may land you in a lot of trouble in fact- ATI blames the victims. Can you imagine being molested or worse, summoning the courage to tell your mother, than be told you must have done something to defraud your father to make him do that? Talk about horrifically scarring and damaging.

Roasted brussels or parsnips, yum. You can keep your turnips and swedes (rutabagas).

12 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

Telling may land you in a lot of trouble in fact- ATI blames the victims. Can you imagine being molested or worse, summoning the courage to tell your mother, than be told you must have done something to defraud your father to make him do that? Talk about horrifically scarring and damaging.

Yup. I have read several memoirs where abuse is detailed and when the mother is told, she explains it away or flat out doesn't believe the child's story. Slap ATI teachings on the top of that and it's even worse.This group creates a culture ripe for abuse. I absolutely cannot imagine.

50 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

Anna's not a blood Duggar. I think she would react differently.

Are you implying that the way jb and michelle handled the molestation situation was somehow genetic? that their reaction was a dna thing somehow? Because I believe their denial, cover up and victim blaming was based on their entrenchment in ATI and got hard.  Anna grew up on that kool aide and went along with her marriage buying into whatever coverup hogwash josh and jb told her about "his mistakes".  

This is coming from a victim of childhood sexual assault, by a close family member, (who happened to be very close in age to josh at the time), and whose parents went into denial and cover up mode as well.  I wouldn't wish that on any child.  And while we've seen no evidence that josh will reoffend with children, and no evidence he would do so with his own children especially, i would never leave my kids alone with him. period.

12 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

Are you implying that the way jb and michelle handled the molestation situation was somehow genetic? that their reaction was a dna thing somehow? Because I believe their denial, cover up and victim blaming was based on their entrenchment in ATI and got hard.  Anna grew up on that kool aide and went along with her marriage buying into whatever coverup hogwash josh and jb told her about "his mistakes".  

Exactly. She might not be a blood Duggar, but she has been raised the same way. And I think the fact she hasn't left speaks volumes.

I very much believe Anna would have done the same as the Duggars. We heard Jim Bob say that the Josh Situation happens in a lot of families. I'm fairly certain people in the ATI-Gothard world are taught to cover this stuff up from a very early age. 

Though she has been through a lot, I cannot imagine Anna pulling her daughters out of the house if Josh abused them. He'd probably do another round at fake rehab or she would deny anything happened. Anna was raised on the same ideals and just the fact that she hasn't fled already, knowing full what her husband is, shows how little she gives a shit about her kids. 

Not everyone who molests children molests their own children, though of course, some do.

13 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

This is coming from a victim of childhood sexual assault, by a close family member, (who happened to be very close in age to josh at the time), and whose parents went into denial and cover up mode as well.  I wouldn't wish that on any child.  And while we've seen no evidence that josh will reoffend with children, and no evidence he would do so with his own children especially, i would never leave my kids alone with him. period.

No, I'm not implying that it's "genetic." What I mean is, Anna may have seen a crack in this ATI façade after all she's been thru this past year & is looking at things differently. I can't believe all this wouldn't give her a glimpse into the fakery that is ATI.

8 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Here's an awful thought - Josh someday giving his daughters purity rings.

Oh, gag.

I think she would reason with herself that it's Josh who's the problem, not ATI/Bill Gothard.

8 hours ago, Dandruff said:

This whole "Daddy has their hearts" thing just makes me feel squicky. Sure, I love my dad. Had he given me a ring when I was a young teen, however, I'd have reacted with revulsion. It's been pretty clear to me my entire life that my father has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with my sex life. And that's the way it'll stay.

10 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I retch at the idea of what Anna will teach her children about sex especially after all that has transpired ...

15 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

Totally agree.
Especially in this cult, where the onus for the girl's safety seems to be on the girls.

I had a friend growing up where the step dad had acted inappropriately towards her. When she tried to tell her mom what was going on, her mom told her to make sure she's fully dressed when she's out of her room in the house instead of wearing a nightie :my_huh: and her mom wouldn't let her have friends over anymore. But the mom stayed with the man. And when my friend had her own kids and wouldn't bring them around him, the mom acted all hurt and bothered that they wouldn't visit!  Sometimes the denial is that strong I guess?

Brussels with pancetta and chestnuts. Roasted parsnips with honey and wholegrain mustard glaze. Nom nom nom ... 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived