IGNORED

Anna Duggar and the M kids part 6

Boogalou

to my laugh or cry "question"...you know when something is so sad or ridiculous you don't know how to respond so you awkwardly laugh? I meant that kind of laugh...but you're right @ClaraOswin, I should have just gone straight to crying. 

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, paulypepper said:

I ventured to The Marriage Bed a few days ago and after a brief perusal I bookmarked it to go back to later...after seeing the pictures and such I could see a rabbit hole for me.

However, I have come to appreciate flowers more...;)

That's absolutely hilarious, paulypepper.

6 hours ago, InThePrayerCloset said:

I just spent an hour reading The Marriage Bed... Oh. My. God... Crazy! I want to snark, but the terror and guilt some of these women express is heart-breaking.

As a comic aside, when i was well into "So You're Engaged - Wedding Night 101 for Grooms" (complete with diagrams of female anatomy using orchid flowers... rather than actual anatomical drawings... so ladies, blame The Marriage Bed if your groom suddenly starts humping your bouquet rather than you!) a national radio station called me to do an immediate expert interview about the unfolding Brussels terrorist attacks... which i had no idea had happened!! I had to hastily skim the BBC and not admit I was reading about virgin wedding night jitters in my PJs rather than monitoring the unfolding terrorist incident!!:SURLEQ:I'm a bad counter terrorism expert - but at least I can genuinely say I was reading primary source material about religious extremism :kitty-wink:

As an aside... the "Christian sex toy" shops that the Marriage Bed links to has some of the kinkiest stuff I have ever seen... Adultshop.com has nothing on Covenant Spice and Bedroom Blessings!!! :wow: No judgement at all if that's your thing, i'm just genuinely shocked 

I guess we can answer with an "Amen!" to the burning question: Are sex toys fundie-approved? Hehe, and I though I knew my away around the grown-up toy department :my_blush:

I am surprised they are okay with sex toys for masturbation or non-P-in-V stuff.

I'm kind of thinking that there is no way in HELL the Duggars or the Bates, for example, would EVER be ok with any of their kids using a site like The Marriage Bed.  There's a whole lot of very fundie-questionable talk going on (posts from women who USED to have sex with their fiances, but now don't, etc.).  There's a whole lot of sharing your personal "Godly" business on the Internet for all to see.  I'm not sure where the posters in TMB are coming from, but it seems unlikely to be from the hardest core fundie families, where every aspect of Internet usage is monitored, Big Brother-style.

On 3/7/2016 at 5:40 PM, Cleopatra7 said:

I'm curious about the education of the M'kids. Josh had to be aware of how inadequate his SOTDRT education was in comparison to the other conservative activists and politicians he met in DC. Yet I can't see Anna considering sending the M'kids to a bricks and mortar school or even using a better homeschooling curriculum, and JB and Michelle will back her up on this. As it stands, it seems like the M'kids will be the third generation of under-educated kids growing up in this cult, but I bet JB and Michelle think the show will still be going by the time Mack starts to court.

What would be wrong with sending the children to a Christian school with fully trained teachers who also believe?   Except that so many of them would also have had limited education......     

23 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

What would be wrong with sending the children to a Christian school with fully trained teachers who also believe?   Except that so many of them would also have had limited education......     

Gothardism teaches that you can't trust anyone or any institution outside of your immediate family (and Gothard-sponsored institutions, of course), and that includes Christian schools.

52 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Because they wouldn't be the "right" type of christian. The duggars would consider them christians who pay lip service and don't follow the word of the bible, and aren't true christians in the way the duggar clan is. And what cleopatra7 said.

I also don't think that forum is the same "flavour" of fundie as the Duggars and Bates...just from spending about an hour (that I will never get back haha) on that forum earlier today it just doesn't quite align with what we heard from there. 

@ClaraOswin: Thank you. That was the article I was talking about! That article really makes it clear whose running the show in that family, and it's clearly not Michelle as some people assume. 

9 hours ago, MakeItSo said:

I now wonder if Marjorie was just a little too opinionated for the Duggsies...she did seem to know what she wanted (spotlight?)...I don't know. Just random thought that popped into mind.

ETA: Ventured over to the Marriage Bed and when I read "he expects, and has his heart set on having sex. If you cant do that lovingly with fond anticipation and desire, do him and yourself a favor, break his heart a little bit now, call it off and have an invitro from the sperm bank to satisfy your maternal urges and marry a eunick or homosexual for the public image aspect of parenthood." I just about spat coffee all over my macbook. Do I laugh? Cry? Wow! Just wow! (not that I truly expected anything different)

Yay. Now I can check my What The Actual Fuck Moment of the day off the list.

Is it just me, or did Anna lose more weight since last weeks episode? Kinda jealous, I can't even lose weight like that on hard drugs :pb_evil:

On March 16, 2016 at 7:53 PM, DuggarWatch said:

Jim Bob, his sister Deanna and niece Amy went to the local, private Christian school.  But that school, apparently, isn't good enough for the Duggar kids so they must be homeschooled.  None of the local churches were acceptable either, so they were homechurched.  None of the neighborhood children were acceptable playmates, so the kids can only hang out with each other except when they get to go to homeschool conferences and hang out with other isolated children.  The Duggar kids are stunted in so many ways. 

It's not them, it's everyone else. Definition of insanity. 

8 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

@ClaraOswin: Thank you. That was the article I was talking about! That article really makes it clear whose running the show in that family, and it's clearly not Michelle as some people assume. 

Thanks for mentioning it.  I hadn't seen the article before, definitely changes my perception a bit.  I wonder if J'Chelle has become less submissive as the years have gone on or whether my view has always been wrong...

I just wanted to apologise in case I have upset anyone with my comment about Brussels. I had no idea how serious the attack was last night, nor the significant loss of life. I just thought it was amusing that i was "caught" reading the Marriage Bed at such a time. I didn't mean to diminish the events in Brussels in any way. For anyone in Brussels or effected in another way, my thoughts are with you. 

On 23.3.2016 at 10:20 AM, Apricot said:

Thanks for mentioning it.  I hadn't seen the article before, definitely changes my perception a bit.  I wonder if J'Chelle has become less submissive as the years have gone on or whether my view has always been wrong...

Is this about the part of the article where Boob tells J'Chelle not to tell the full story of why he wanted to challenge his opponent? Cause honestly, I could see this happen in a lot of relationships where both partners are equal, only thing is that clever people would have discussed this issue of how much they are comfortable to share with a public beforehand, and certainly not in front of a reporter.

It was Boobs race, and if he didn't want something to become public, I think it's normal to tell your partner to not to spill all the beans, especially in a political race where everything can be turned into a scandal. I've asked my girlfriend or my parents to keep things for themselves, they did the same with me, and even though I didn't always see the point of not telling anybody, I still respected their wishes.

I can't believe that I've just spend time defending Boob, but I don't think demanding that J'Chelle should keep things for herself which could have affected his campaign is something unusual or a sign that J'Chelle is just his puppet.

I just noticed Anna pinned a bunch on her (suspected) "Anna Durrar/Sue Smith" Pinterest about a month ago. Hopefully those baby announcements are for far future use. Guessing the "Girls Room" board indicates they're getting a home ready for whenever Smug is set free.

I also noticed "Anna Durrar/Sue Smith" is following an "Annabell Dugg" who is following the other account as well. Much clever name. Looks like that one has secret boards, though.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ick, those cutesy-wootsy little pastel arrows. Isn't dominionism and the commodification of children just SO PWECIOUS?

6 hours ago, pfled said:

I also noticed "Anna Durrar/Sue Smith" is following an "Annabell Dugg" who is following the other account as well. Much clever name. Looks like that one has secret boards, though.

I'm surprised they haven't figured/didn't figure out secret boards before now. It's not like you can't invite people to your secret boards (I have several that I share with my family). Or maybe they have, and (obviously) we never saw them.

13 hours ago, pfled said:

I just noticed Anna pinned a bunch on her (suspected) "Anna Durrar/Sue Smith" Pinterest about a month ago. Hopefully those baby announcements are for far future use. Guessing the "Girls Room" board indicates they're getting a home ready for whenever Smug is set free.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Wait wait wait... "Anna Durrar"??!?!?! Really? I can't handle that. Some critical thinking, SOTDRT style I guess. Like she really went through the trouble of meaning to hide her board and then went with "Anna Durrar"...

Ok,  I am going back to that article that Claraoswin posted. 

While much of it was to be expected,  I was really sickened by the part that talked about how the kids are forced to act out a gesture of killing themselves, during a recitation of a bible verse. 

The children and Michelle recite a new Bible passage each morning, and they have actions to go with the words. For instance, when reciting Exodus 20, verses 1-17, the children run a finger along their necks in a quick swipe, as if killing themselves, as they read the passage, "Thou shall not kill."

That is so disturbing and inappropriate for young children.  It makes me wonder what else they were forced to act out from the bible.  Did they have to act out Abraham nearly killing his son in a test of sacrifice for God?  Did they act out stonings and whippings? 

This is part of their brainwashing.  These little kids forced to recite bible verses, likely completely out of context and then forced to rotely act out horrific things like cutting your own throat. 

And if this was something that they discussed with a reporter, just imagine how much worse the stuff they did that they were smart enough to not say to a reporter.  These people are sick.

Oh and I have to call out the how training paragraph about Jason and how they hope all kids are fully trained by age 12.  I know this has been discussed in the past, but it still makes me sad.   

I, too, fell down the Marriage Bed rabbit hole last night/this morning while waiting for my parents to return from the emergency room. (My mom has been sick recently.) All I can say is Wow, just wow. The stories on there. And the advice people gave. Good lord! Most of them just need a really good therapist/psychiatrist  not sex advice from total strangers. 

10 hours ago, calimojo said:

Ok,  I am going back to that article that Claraoswin posted. 

While much of it was to be expected,  I was really sickened by the part that talked about how the kids are forced to act out a gesture of killing themselves, during a recitation of a bible verse. 

That is so disturbing and inappropriate for young children.  It makes me wonder what else they were forced to act out from the bible.  Did they have to act out Abraham nearly killing his son in a test of sacrifice for God?  Did they act out stonings and whippings? 

This is part of their brainwashing.  These little kids forced to recite bible verses, likely completely out of context and then forced to rotely act out horrific things like cutting your own throat. 

And if this was something that they discussed with a reporter, just imagine how much worse the stuff they did that they were smart enough to not say to a reporter.  These people are sick.

Oh and I have to call out the how training paragraph about Jason and how they hope all kids are fully trained by age 12.  I know this has been discussed in the past, but it still makes me sad.   

Hopefully they skipped the parts about Lot and his daughters.

On 3/21/2016 at 3:15 PM, RoseWilder said:

I've noticed a lot of people (both on this forum and others) say that they believe Michelle wears the pants in the family, but every since I read that interview, I've never believed that. And the police report stating that Michelle wanted to get Josh real counseling and was overruled by JimBob would also indicate that JimBob is calling all the shots in that family and Michelle has very little say in what happens.

I have generally been of the mind that Michelle is 3rd in line, after Grandma Mary (1st) and JB (2nd).

Well, sometimes In adventist school we'd do skits acting out certain bible stories.... And yes, Abraham and Isaac was one of them....

Lot and his daughters, however, was not.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived