IGNORED

Anna Duggar and the M kids part 6

Boogalou

On April 19, 2016 at 4:32 AM, LawsonBatesEgo said:

Same for where I grew up.....I was a junior elite gymnast growing and was 4'6 until I quit due to an injury at 17. I am 5'7 now, it's crazy how much gymnastics stunts growth. But yeah, if that law existed here, I'd have been a high school senior in a booster seat.....

I come from a family of short people. I wasn't in a car seat after age 5 (1988). I'm an adult that is 4'11". I'm the shortest adult excluding my two grandmothers that have shrunk due to bone loss. It would have sucked being in a booster seat or some sort of car seat in either middle school or high school!

At age 4, we were living in West Germany (before the wall fell, 1987) and my dad didn't buckle me up properly. He probably had a brainfart. He slammed on his brakes and I somersaulted and landed between the two front seats. I think it scared him more than it scared me.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On April 24, 2016 at 6:26 PM, Playagirl said:

No deal. Parsnips are just as nasty. I will, however, eat your green or yellow beans. Or your raw carrots and cauliflower. Keep your tomatoes, though.

I fricking love tomatoes! 

On May 2, 2016 at 0:03 AM, Kjaerringa said:

@librarychick......creamed rutabagas are usually boiled, diced, then put in a cream sauce, similar to what you might use for creamed corn, creamed spinach, or creamed peas. I like fresh ground pepper in the sauce, for sass. Maybe some nice carmelized yellow onion, too...nom nom. My Norwegian forbears would have used simply  cream or whole milk, after making a roux of  butter, flour, and salt. No other seasonings. Mashed are simply boiled, mashed with butter,  salt and pepper to taste. 

Sounds yummy! I won't tell you how I cook mine because it is too "down home country" for words.  But I love my "bagas" with fresh hit cornbread. Lol.

1 hour ago, sillybeebo said:

Blech!!!! I despise raw tomatoes which is bizarre because I like ketchup, spaghetti sauce, salsa and will eat small bits of cooked tomato in certain dishes. Raw tomato, even small amounts hidden in a sandwich, literally makes me gag. And tomato soup is the most horrific concoction known to mankind.

18 minutes ago, Playagirl said:

Blech!!!! I despise raw tomatoes which is bizarre because I like ketchup, spaghetti sauce, salsa and will eat small bits of cooked tomato in certain dishes. Raw tomato, even small amounts hidden in a sandwich, literally makes me gag. And tomato soup is the most horrific concoction known to mankind.

I am exactly the same!!!

Raw tomato in any form makes me want to spew!

Make a soup, sauce, bake or sundry the tomato though and I'll happily eat it.

Go figure!

5 hours ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

I sincerely hope that Anna won't come to resent Meredith for that very reason. I can't help but feel like she will be treated like Jordyn - pushed aside in favour of M5, the almighty redemption baby (in Jordyn's case, "miracle" Josie).

I don't think Anna associates Meredith with grief but with comfort.  The birth with no cameras around was her easiest yet.  And after Ashley Madison and Josh's confession, the caring for the baby was something she could do that was positive and uncomplicated.  Everything else may have been uncertain but feeding and tending the baby was definite.  The other kids could ask questions that were hard to answer and should not see her crying or upset. But the baby didn't need her to explain about Daddy and would hardly notice if her eyes filled with tears.

YMHO

Love me some maters! I plant some every year.

28 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Love me some maters! I plant some every year.

I've got some Romas, Cherry toms, and Big Boys planted over here.  I love a tomato sandwich with mayo and salt and pepper!  I don't like fresh tomatoes after they have been in the fridge though, they have to be room temp.

Ketchup should be room temperature too, cold ketchup is gross.

My maters from last year were large. Just right for homemade hamburgers and salads

6 years ago, when we still lived in our old house, I had a bumper crop and so did my mother.  I canned so many tomatoes!  Our yard now isn't really able to produce that much.  We have a pool and the dogs tend to destroy / eat anything that we would want to eat.  They leave the flowers alone, though.  I put cages around the tomato plants immediately this year, so far that is working.

Mr. Wolf has planted 8 different kinds of tomatoes this year. He's a tomato-holic. Me, not so much. 

12 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Mr. Wolf has planted 8 different kinds of tomatoes this year. He's a tomato-holic. Me, not so much. 

Only 8? :)

@withaj is my role model!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived