IGNORED

Anna Duggar and the M kids part 6

Boogalou

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming soon: the awkward adjustment to living with an asshole again. How will she take it? I imagine it's probably easier to be living under JB's roof because she has help with the kids and J'slaves, who are about the closest friends she seems to have. She is being filled with the hope of a reformed Josh and a life of blessings for her devotion.

But with Josh, she'll be treated with a level of derision we only really saw her get from Josh on the show. If they don't live at the TTH, she won't have so much help with the kids and meals and everything home related. Hope will crash up against reality when it's no longer focused on the future.

I'm sweating just thinking about them living together. There is no way Anna can look at him and not feel some kind of sadness or shame. I wonder how long it'll take before the two get a divorce. Nine years? Ten? They have spent seven years together, I believe, but we know that marriage was a fraud. 

I'm sad at the thought of Josh still being with Anna when the kids are teenagers. They may not have access to the Internet, but one day they may find out what their father did to their aunts and mom.

I'm curious about the education of the M'kids. Josh had to be aware of how inadequate his SOTDRT education was in comparison to the other conservative activists and politicians he met in DC. Yet I can't see Anna considering sending the M'kids to a bricks and mortar school or even using a better homeschooling curriculum, and JB and Michelle will back her up on this. As it stands, it seems like the M'kids will be the third generation of under-educated kids growing up in this cult, but I bet JB and Michelle think the show will still be going by the time Mack starts to court.

2 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I'm curious about the education of the M'kids. Josh had to be aware of how inadequate his SOTDRT education was in comparison to the other conservative activists and politicians he met in DC. Yet I can't see Anna considering sending the M'kids to a bricks and mortar school or even using a better homeschooling curriculum, and JB and Michelle will back her up on this. As it stands, it seems like the M'kids will be the third generation of under-educated kids growing up in this cult, but I bet JB and Michelle think the show will still be going by the time Mack starts to court.

Mackynzie is six years old and is required to be in school this year.   Her homeschooling horrors have already started, no doubt.

2 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I'm not so sure if Anna would be dead set against sending the kids to a real school once she feels really overwhelmed. But I don't think public school would ever be an option for them, but there is a Baptist private school in Springdale which is affiliated with Cross Church, the church several Duggars attend. Only thing is, while they could probably afford the tuition for Mack, I don't see them being able to pay for each of their kids, unless the school would give them a huge discount.

2 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Was Anna educated primarily with the ATI curriculum or did the Kellers use more than that?  I kind of got the impression that they did more-- three of her siblings got out of the cult and seem able to function outside. And Anna did get some sort of associate degree, even though it was a Fundie online thing I believe.

I don't think the kids will do too badly with just Anna for a teacher until around third grade. She seems to look for educational materials for them and the curricula she claims to use seem to be just fine for the 8 and under crowd.   (SeeAnna on Homeschooling from the Duggar page.) . The problem will be as they get older.

Does Tabitha Paine have a better education than Anna and the Duggar kids?  I wonder if her presence in the Duggar house is an improvement over the previous homeschooling. Maybe if she and Anna are both interested and motivated, the younger kids and the M's can get a better grounding than the older Duggar kids did. 

In any case, I see no signs that Josh would care to have his kids better educated than himself, but I could see Anna doing a better job than Michelle and Jessa.

If Josh is home again, I have no doubt that Anna is catering to his every whim. I think she will work "harder" to be the perfect wife so he doesn't stray again. I don't for a minute believe she will shun Josh or give him the cold shoulder. She will perform her wifely duties as she was raised to do. Anna is once again under Josh's authority.

No way are the kids going to a brick and mortar school, not even a Baptist school. The baptist kids have fun, read books, listen to music, play video games, play on sports teams, date and pretty much do the same things kids at public schools do. I say this a Catholic School girl whose friends went to public school. Just because kids go to a religious school doesn't mean they are automatically sheltered. The M kids would be exposed to the exact things Duggars don't want if they go to any school that isn't at home. 

I know that Anna had Mackynzie do some "school stuff" like tracing letters at 4, but that may have been for the benefit of the cameras, as so much often was.

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

If Josh is home again, I have no doubt that Anna is catering to his every whim. I think she will work "harder" to be the perfect wife so he doesn't stray again. I don't for a minute believe she will shun Josh or give him the cold shoulder. She will perform her wifely duties as she was raised to do. Anna is once again under Josh's authority.

No way are the kids going to a brick and mortar school, not even a Baptist school. The baptist kids have fun, read books, listen to music, play video games, play on sports teams, date and pretty much do the same things kids at public schools do. I say this a Catholic School girl whose friends went to public school. Just because kids go to a religious school doesn't mean they are automatically sheltered. The M kids would be exposed to the exact things Duggars don't want if they go to any school that isn't at home. 

I think their going to school very much depends on Josh's ability to secure work. If Josh is able to get a job without issues (whether its through the family, church, or friends), then the kids won't go to school. If Josh has to find his own job and really has to face the fact that his education is clearly going to fail him, they might go to a school. But it'll be a super strictly christian school.

34 minutes ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

I think their going to school very much depends on Josh's ability to secure work. If Josh is able to get a job without issues (whether its through the family, church, or friends), then the kids won't go to school. If Josh has to find his own job and really has to face the fact that his education is clearly going to fail him, they might go to a school. But it'll be a super strictly christian school.

I dunno. I don't have a lot of faith for anyone in this family to make the connection between things that go bad for them and their terrible upbringing. It's always the evil media or the liberal agenda. 

I think Anna will try to go about "business as usual" and continue trying to be the perfect, submissive fundie wife while catering to Smugs' every whim.

That woman has likely had so much guilt and blame laid on her by the Duggars and others around her. In their cult she's the blame for Josh straying. She'll want to prove herself and make amends.

Sickening, really.

5 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

I know that Anna had Mackynzie do some "school stuff" like tracing letters at 4, but that may have been for the benefit of the cameras, as so much often was.

I would hope that Anna is a better mother than Michelle and actually educates her kids, but considering how the Maxwell kids write, how James was shown doing math several years below the level he should be doing at his age, and how Michelle has been shown not to differentiate education for different age groups when she teaches, I don't have terribly high hopes for the M kids. And I think that Josh is enough of an insecure narcissist that he'd feel threatened by his kids being smarter or better-educated than him (like father, like son). And it's a shame, because Mackynzie seems like such a bright little girl.

I do think Anna really loves her kids. I think she will educate them the best she can with the tools she is given. I can't see her giving them a stack of workbooks a/k/a Teri Maxwell or becoming disinterested because of a new baby a/k/a Michelle.

When Josh is released from Reform School, I think they will make a home in one of Boob's houses and she will try and be the "perfect wife". I can see another baby. However, I can't see Josh being content. He's tasted freedom and the "big city". I think he will be the one to leave. If he stay's in "fundie" life more than 2 years, I will be surprised.

I can't see Josh ever landing a job that makes enough money to send their kids to a private Christian school. He is a disgrace without an education.  

I find it very hard to snark on Anna. She was born into this miserable lifestyle and married off young to her first crush. It may be a blessing if Josh does leave her. Maybe then, she can stop feeling guilty long enough for her non-fundie siblings to help her out. I can only hope that as she sees her kids grow, she will want a better life for them.

1 hour ago, Justme said:

I find it very hard to snark on Anna. She was born into this miserable lifestyle and married off young to her first crush. It may be a blessing if Josh does leave her. Maybe then, she can stop feeling guilty long enough for her non-fundie siblings to help her out. I can only hope that as she sees her kids grow, she will want a better life for them.

you keep forgetting she wants to be the martyr in all of this 

cue her instagram any day Josh is ALLOWED to be out in public - #forginess #jesus the sinner

She was born into a cult.  From what I heard, the Keller parents are stricter than the Duggar parents.  

While she does have a way out (siblings), it's very hard to go against everything you were raised to believe.  Girl did everything she was told-- followed the pure, parent-led courtship model, 4 kids in 6 years of marriage, and was the ideal fundie wife.  It is definitely not her fault her husband leads a double life and ended his family's gravy train.

About her escapee siblings, yes she has them, but the sibling she is closest to (were each other's MOH at their weddings) is bathing in ATI Kool-Aid.  Anna and Suze may have been close growing up, but nobody knows if they're still close.  And if the Duggars are any indication, opposite sex siblings can't remain close after puberty (hence the separation of Josiah and Joy and the pending separation of Jackson and Johannah) so I'm not sure her relationship with Daniel (who offered to help).  The only sibling she seems close to is Priscilla, married to Bill Gothard's right hand man.  I'm sure Prissy was one of the first phone calls she made when Joshgate 1.0 broke followed by her parents.  

TLDR-- Given the people Anna's closest to, her staying does not surprise me one bit.  It's a natural reaction. 

(Disclaimer-- I'm one of 2 kids so I'm not sure how sibling relationships work when there's more than 2 of them).  

3 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

She was born into a cult.  From what I heard, the Keller parents are stricter than the Duggar parents.  

While she does have a way out (siblings), it's very hard to go against everything you were raised to believe.  Girl did everything she was told-- followed the pure, parent-led courtship model, 4 kids in 6 years of marriage, and was the ideal fundie wife.  It is definitely not her fault her husband leads a double life and ended his family's gravy train.

About her escapee siblings, yes she has them, but the sibling she is closest to (were each other's MOH at their weddings) is bathing in ATI Kool-Aid.  Anna and Suze may have been close growing up, but nobody knows if they're still close.  And if the Duggars are any indication, opposite sex siblings can't remain close after puberty (hence the separation of Josiah and Joy and the pending separation of Jackson and Johannah) so I'm not sure her relationship with Daniel (who offered to help).  The only sibling she seems close to is Priscilla, married to Bill Gothard's right hand man.  I'm sure Prissy was one of the first phone calls she made when Joshgate 1.0 broke followed by her parents.  

TLDR-- Given the people Anna's closest to, her staying does not surprise me one bit.  It's a natural reaction. 

(Disclaimer-- I'm one of 2 kids so I'm not sure how sibling relationships work when there's more than 2 of them).  

I didn't grow up in a cult nor did I have religious parents but I do have 4 sisters. I'm the youngest and the oldest is 17 years my senior. She is a total b*tch. She disagrees with my dad on just about everything and is still holding a grudge against him from 20 years ago. She has alienated herself away from most of the family and I can't honestly remember the last time we had a real conversation (if ever). If I was in a position similar to Anna, and it was my oldest sibling offering to help, I would be very skeptical of her motives and wonder if she really wanted to help me or just defy our father/upbringing. If it was any of my other sisters I would be more inclined to listen to their offers or to take their advice.  I can see Anna thinking those same things about Daniel or the other siblings who broke away from the cult. 

Josh must have realized when working in DC how undereducated he is.

I had assumed the opposite. I could see him thinking everyone else had poor educations because they weren't as practical (relative to learning about construction and bankruptcy law from a young age). I assume he thinks that the Duggar kids are so advanced that they learned bankruptcy law from prepubescence, while other people have to go to law school to reach the Duggar level of expertise.

I didn't grow up in a cult either but I'm also an only child. If the cousin I grew up with offered help I would be so skeptical. My whole life we lived practically next door but he only calls if he needs something. But if a close friend offered help I would think about it. Plus Anna has been brainwashed to believe everything Daniel does is a sin and should be shunned. It's such an anthropological study. These people don't have real relationships. They don't even have healthy family dynamics. 

Do you guys think Anna will Instagram their little adventures anymore? Stuff like traveling or getting fast food or family time? 

1 hour ago, missegeno said:

I had assumed the opposite. I could see him thinking everyone else had poor educations because they weren't as practical (relative to learning about construction and bankruptcy law from a young age). I assume he thinks that the Duggar kids are so advanced that they learned bankruptcy law from prepubescence, while other people have to go to law school to reach the Duggar level of expertise.

The reality is, everything that most of those kids learned (I HOPE NOT THE FLYING>>>) was the half assed way to do things. They never learned exacting skills and beyond the bankruptcy and perpendicular lessons, what else did we ever see the kids learning @ the SOTDRT beyond JB's Bible studies? Heck, even their religious knowledge is cherry picked and not intended for critical thinking or dialogue.

Useless, most of those adults are useless in terms of what they learned and how they do things. Look at Jill and her mothering and cooking skills (from what we've seen).

Jana drives a bus (as do some of the boys and Jinger).

Jana is a good seamstress.

Some of them can play a musical instrument.

Duggarville is not REALITY and certainly does not foster knowledge or skills needed for independent life ITRW.

I still argue the point that Jana is a good seamstress. The dresses she altered for Jill's wedding were AWFUL. Hems weren't even. Seams weren't even. Seams were puckery.  Now, I'll grant that the fabric was also awful, but one must use a bit of discretion with the tension, the needle, and the thread when one is working with uncooperative fabric.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived