IGNORED

Lori Alexander never learning since 2011 - part 6

I would love to know what goes through her mind when she writes about the Proverbs 31 woman not going to the latest Beth Moore Bible study or hanging out at Starbucks.  :pb_lol:  I am sure she had a used Mercedes though...and a blog.  That's totally Bible right there, so don't question it.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/14/2016 at 10:51 AM, polecat said:

editing to say instead of what I did say: Goddamit, Lori, parenting is about so, so much more than just beating a child into blind obedience. 

It's about the wonder you get just watching a child's eyelashes against his cheeks at night. Trying to catch a butterfly in the summer. Watching her delight in discovering a new flower or bug. Helping him learn to tie a shoe. Helping her take her first steps towards a big accomplishment and trying so hard not to hold on too tight (even when everything in you wants to so, so much). Guiding without pushing. Holding without gripping. Being there without hovering. So much more than spanking.

Yet Lori persists in distilling it down to spanking. I guess because that's all she ever really did thanks to nannies and housecleaners. She never got to do the fun stuff. What a sad, mean existence the woman's had. I'd feel sorry for her except for the fact that she wants others to suffer as she has.

How about the sweetness of having a child reach up and hold your hand? And the wonderful softness of that little hand?  That always made my heart flutter. Holding that small hand always felt like such a privilege. Heck, my 12-year old still holds my hand, for no particular reason, just because she likes me, I guess.

Or the feeling of having a sweet four-year old lean against you trustingly while you read to her? Or the joy in watching your kids roughhouse with their dad, listening to their happy, excited shrieks?

That's parenting, Lori.

Reader:

Not seeing how the Proverbs 31 woman only stayed at home. She would have to leave the house to consider a field. There was no Amazon to order wool and flax to make clothes. Again, she would have to get out of the house. I see no mention of a dozen children, only that they call her blessed. It mentions she had servants. Could she have had a nanny watch her children so she could work? Don't know. What we do know is she was a business woman with her own money. She clearly did work to help support her family financially.

Lori:

This is a fallacy, M Cooper. She was not a business woman. All of her activities revolved around the home. She probably sewed the sashes with her daughters at her side and even sold them to the merchants as they traveled by her home. Her children were probably with her as she planted her garden. 

Yes, she had to leave her home to buy food just as we do but it says nothing about Bible studies and hanging out with friends. Her whole life revolved around her home and family. 

Our servants are our washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, vacuum, faucets with hot water, stove, oven, etc. All things she didn't have access to in her day. There is nothing that leads us to believe she left her home for hours every day and her children in the care of others. 

"The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." {Titus 2:3-5}

I'm still laughing at the idea that because Bible studies and Starbucks aren't in the Bible, they're not okay.

You know what else is not in the Bible, Lori?  Big salads.  Black salve.  Cyberknife.  Shaming your child about their weight. Wearing shorts.  And, oh yes, the Internet.

1 hour ago, desertvixen said:

I'm still laughing at the idea that because Bible studies and Starbucks aren't in the Bible, they're not okay.

You know what else is not in the Bible, Lori?  Big salads.  Black salve.  Cyberknife.  Shaming your child about their weight. Wearing shorts.  And, oh yes, the Internet.

Well, I'm going to speak for the God of the Universe for a moment and say that coffee is most definitely a part of His divine plan. If He didn't want us drinking coffee, He wouldn't make it so utterly heavenly. I have a spiritual awakening the moment it hits my bloodstream every morning.

Thank you, Jesus!

39 minutes ago, polecat said:

Well, I'm going to speak for the God of the Universe for a moment and say that coffee is most definitely a part of His divine plan. If He didn't want us drinking coffee, He wouldn't make it so utterly heavenly. I have a spiritual awakening the moment it hits my bloodstream every morning.

Coffee is proof God loves us and wants us to be reasonably awake in the morning!

TUESDAY, MARCH 15, 2016

Rachelle Cox· 32 minutes ago

"God made Adam because he didn't want him to be alone." 

I'm sorry, I appreciate many of your posts but this statement is Biblically and theologically incorrect. Please don't teach false doctrine to the ladies who read your blog. 

God has existed eternally as a triune God. He's never been "alone" according to Genesis 1:26, but has in fact experienced perfect community within the trinity for all time. 

God determined that it was not good for Adam to be alone, and so He thus created women. But nowhere does the Bible claim that God created man because He was somehow lacking something. 

Isaiah 43:1–7 explicitly states that God created man for "my own glory". So, not because He was lonely, but rather as an expression of His own might and power. 

I know the idea that God created man out of loneliness is a common sentiment, but it's not faithful to scripture at all. You've expressed many times that you are a woman who wants to teach women what is true and Biblical, so I knew you wouldn't have a problem with the correction. :)

You are totally on point about loneliness not being a sin though. Some expressions of loneliness can be a sin (self-pity, lashing out, engaging in self destructive habits to cope with loneliness etc) but loneliness itself isn't a sin.

2 replies · active 10 minutes ago

Lori Alexander· 16 minutes ago

Thank you for pointing this out for me, Rachelle. I meant to say that God didn't want Adam to be alone so He created Eve for Adam. I corrected the post. You're the first one to notice this mistake, although the next few sentences talk about men and how they aren't relationship oriented as women. If is was about God being lonely, I would have expounded upon this. I have never thought that God was lonely. He would have done fine without us but He is such a good and gracious God to make all those who believe in Him His children. 

And yes, if loneliness turns into self-pity, which it could easily do, it is sin but to have fleeting feelings of loneliness aren't sin.

Anon M· 10 minutes ago

Rachelle , you Tottally missed her point. Lori was saying that God made Adam and that He didn't want Adam to be alone, and so He made Eve. And the quote you pulled out to use against her supports that. Of course God wasn't lack anything. I'm sorry to say but you have misunderstood her and falsely accused her. Perhaps she phrased it wrongly. But I don't think so. I understood it perfectly. To be honest I find your 'correction' quite funny.

HHAHAHA! So Lori actually corrects something, yet Anon M must not have seen Lori thanking Rachelle and rather rushes in to defend the godly one who is always right.

1 minute ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

HHAHAHA! So Lori actually corrects something, yet Anon M must not have seen Lori thanking Rachelle and rather rushes in to defend the godly one who is always right.

Maybe Anon M is Lori's sock and she wanted to be able to be nasty anonymously for once.

So, seeing as there was no Interwebz when Titus was written, how does Lori think older women were teaching younger women? Smoke signals? Or did someone leave their home to -- gasp! -- help someone else out? Kind of like what happens at Bible study. And even Starbucks.

The bible doesn't mention an icy glass of Diet Coke after you've walked home from work, with a half-bag of peanut M&Ms left over from a cinema trip last weekend. So I'm sinning big-style right now.

*big suckee slurp*......... *chomp chomp*.........

You know, I think I'm ok with that.

:tw_mrgreen:

It looks like I missed out on "Logic with Lori" yesterday. :(

There is a study which has discovered that men are better under stress. ...

Stress is hard on a body and it is probably why men typically die younger than women. ...

However, since women are not created to handle stress as well as men, they will soon find out that it is more harmful on a female than a male. The hormones and anatomy of a male help them to handle the stress better than those of a female.

Men perform better under stress ... they may die sooner than women ... but they are harmed less by stress (which is actually killing them) ... 

Lori logic, people.

1 hour ago, polecat said:

There is a study which has discovered that men are better under stress. ...

Really, which study?  Source?  What type of stress?  Physical, mental, both?  Pulling stuff out of your ass does not constitute a study. 

She links to a Harvard study ((ha! it is authored by a woman) that measures stress and performance using math problems.

Today's post is all about being discreet. Apparently discretion does not include announcing to the world that your husband is bad in bed.

Studies are a funny thing.  Lori only pays them mind when they validate her beliefs.  When they don't, she quickly discards them.  

Kind of like medicine.  When you have cancer, you should juice it away.  When Lori has a tumor, it's the best medicine Ken's money can buy.

http://gap.hks.harvard.edu/under-pressure-gender-differences-output-quality-and-quantity-under-competition-and-time-constraints

Men perform better than women in high-time-pressure tournament math tests, but women perform better than men in low-time-pressure tournament verbal tests. Both perform equally well in low-time-pressure tournament math tests and high-time-pressure tournament verbal tests.

Men and women perform equally well on the math test in high-time-pressure noncompetitive environments, with average scores of 5.17 and 5.11, respectively. However, in the high-time-pressure competitive tournament, men’s average scores of 6.31 were significantly higher than women’s average scores of 2.39.

In the low-time-pressure math tournament, women performed equally well as men.

Under high-time-pressure in the verbal task, men and women’s scores do not differ in either the piece-rate or the tournament scheme.

In the low-time-pressure verbal task, women significantly outperform men in the tournament. Under competitive tournament, women achieve a significantly higher mean score of 23.4 relative to men’s 17.8. However, men and women’s scores do not differ in the verbal piece-rate scheme.

44% of men and 19% of women self-select into a tournament in the high-pressure math environment, but without time pressure, women are equally as likely to self-select in.

In the math tournament, a woman is 24% more likely to quit the game than a man in the same treatment. By contrast, quitting behavior in the verbal test shows no significant gender differences under either compensation scheme.

In short, when women are under time constraints in competitive settings, they underperform compared to men in math and are less likely to choose to compete. Interestingly, without time pressures, women perform just as well as men in tournament math tests and outperform men in tournament verbal tests.

So, this test is what Lori based her entire blog post on... and some crap Dr. Laura used to say (Is Dr. Laura even around any more?)

20 minutes ago, Koala said:

I am just going to leave this here.

Lori Alexander:

**this quote can be found in the comments of this post**: http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2016/03/being-discreet-in-our-crass-culture.html#idc-container

If I had any idea how, I'd screen shot it before Ken has her delete it.

I got it! All those comments.....eeeesh!

24 minutes ago, Koala said:

I am just going to leave this here.

Lori Alexander:

**this quote can be found in the comments of this post**: http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2016/03/being-discreet-in-our-crass-culture.html#idc-container

If I had any idea how, I'd screen shot it before Ken has her delete it.

I'm not seeing that comment, but I do have this:

Spoiler

Screenshot_2016-03-17-12-40-14-1.png

I guess as long as you're "wise in the Lord" you don't need an education. :pb_rollseyes:

Reader:

I'm just stunned at this post. Having an education is valuable for everyone. God does not want anyone to be ignorant. I attended state colleges for a Bachelor's and Master's degree and never experienced anything mentioned in this post. I was very much a lady and was content to be home with my children when they were small. My friend is currently at home raising 3 small children, and she has a double major in Math and Physics. 
As a teacher, I can't believe you would not support someone getting an education. 
An education is not about feminism. It's about being an intelligent person.

Lori replies:

God wants us wise in the ways of the Lord; growing in the wisdom and the knowledge of Him, not in the ways of the world "avoid the vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called" {1 Timothy 6:2)}. No, God wants young women "to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed" {Titus 2:4, 5}. I don't think there are any verses supporting your comment, Michelle.

Except that last week Lori said the following:

God doesn't have to give us a Bible verse for everything but He did give us common sense and wisdom. 

https://www.openbible.info/topics/education

Lori doesn't even try...

Proverbs 1:7 ESV   (this one is for lori)

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Ecclastes 7:12 ESV 

For the protection of wisdom is like the protection of money, and the advantage of knowledge is that wisdom preserves the life of him who has it.

Proverbs 16:16 ESV

How much better to get wisdom than gold! To get understanding is to be chosen rather than silver.

Romans 12:2 ESV / 283 helpful votes

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Proverbs 4:13 ESV / 276 helpful votes

Keep hold of instruction; do not let go; guard her, for she is your life.

Proverbs 16:3 ESV / 227 helpful votes

Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.

Jeremiah 29:11 ESV / 216 helpful votes

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Deuteronomy 11:19 ESV / 177 helpful votes

You shall teach them to your children, talking of them when you are sitting in your house, and when you are walking by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.

Proverbs 18:15 ESV 

An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.  

(and many more if you click on the link)

5 minutes ago, salex said:

https://www.openbible.info/topics/education

Lori doesn't even try...

Proverbs 1:7 ESV   (this one is for lori)

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Ecclastes 7:12 ESV 

For the protection of wisdom is like the protection of money, and the advantage of knowledge is that wisdom preserves the life of him who has it.

Proverbs 16:16 ESV

How much better to get wisdom than gold! To get understanding is to be chosen rather than silver.

Romans 12:2 ESV / 283 helpful votes

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Proverbs 4:13 ESV / 276 helpful votes

Keep hold of instruction; do not let go; guard her, for she is your life.

Proverbs 16:3 ESV / 227 helpful votes

Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.

Jeremiah 29:11 ESV / 216 helpful votes

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Deuteronomy 11:19 ESV / 177 helpful votes

You shall teach them to your children, talking of them when you are sitting in your house, and when you are walking by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.

Proverbs 18:15 ESV 

An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.  

(and many more if you click on the link)

None of those passages are in Lori's bible - she blacked them out with an indelible maker.

It's so funny when Lori writes these posts on being discrete.

I know more about her sex life than I do any of  my close friends, including her being spanked fantasy.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived