IGNORED

Lori Alexander never learning since 2011 - part 6

15 hours ago, Curious said:

I finally have something nice to say about Lori.  She has nice penmanship.

For some reason I'm suprised Lori doesn't dot her "i"s with tiny hearts. Or tiny crosses. Or maybe tiny bottles of essential oils. Or tiny bottles of 10 minute lube.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

One more thing! I have yet to find "doodle" or "flow chart" in the Bible.  Still searching.

It kills me when her response to something is "Show me where the Bible mentions (emotional abuse/women going to college/sending children to public school/etc.)" Seriously?? Only if you show me where it mentions cyber knife treatments, orthodontic consulting or blogging!

I've not been a regular in the Lori threads, but I have just discovered that Lori lives in the same city as me, so is my local fundy. Guess I need to spend some time catching up! 

1 hour ago, Emilycharlotte said:

It kills me when her response to something is "Show me where the Bible mentions (emotional abuse/women going to college/sending children to public school/etc.)" Seriously?? Only if you show me where it mentions cyber knife treatments, orthodontic consulting or blogging!

This takes me back to one of her recent posts in which another discussion of the Proverbs 31 woman came up. I can't remember if it was the topic of the post or just part of the comments.  Sorry; it was when I was traveling and couldn't comment easily. Anyway, several readers pointed out that the woman in Proverbs 31 likely worked outside the home; and of course Lori insisted that was not the case.  She and her fan girls insist that she always had her children with her and never left them.  The thing is that scripture does not tell us either way. So, Lori once again did what she accuses her "detractors" of doing - adding to the word of God. 

I'd really like for Lori to point out the precise verse in Proverbs 31 that says the woman never left her children and never worked outside the home. 

20 hours ago, molecule said:

I was just coming to complain about this flow chart. Does she actually think that career women are off on cruises and European vacations? I have worked full-time for most of my adult life and have yet to take a cruise. Our very rare vacations always involve camping and the whole family.

I saved the picture. I hope it's okay to share it here. It is on her publicly accessible page. Although I considered liking it for enhanced snarking capability, I would be mortified if one of my friends saw that listed on my page.

ETA: Sorry the picture is so huge. I don't know how to change that.

judgmental_flow_chart.jpg

FWIW, my mother was a "career woman" (even though she worked part-time), and that career allowed her to get a good pension and benefits including out-of-country health insurance.  As a result, my dad was also able to take early retirement, and they do in fact travel and go to Florida.

That's perfectly fine with us, because being away during the winter means that they aren't slipping on ice and risking a broken hip, and they are active and have a social life.  This keeps them healthy.  Then, since they were able to retire early, they have plenty of energy to spend with the grandkids.

Lori (bolded bits are added by me):

The Proverbs 31 woman was a working woman, not a career woman, and she worked around her home. (Please ignore the fact that the Bible says the following:  She seeketh wool, and flax /  she bringeth her food from afar /  She considereth a field, and buyeth it) There is NO way she left her home for hours 5 days a week and her children with others. (Please ignore the fact that that what I just said can't be found anywhere in the Bible). She made sashes at home, probably teaching her daughters how to sew by her side. She used the money that she made to buy a field and plant her garden; her children were most likely by her side learning to plant, cook, and can the food. (Please ignore the fact that I am saying "probably" and "most likely" because I am adding to scripture to support my message) She was known for looking well to the ways of her household. Her family rose up and called her blessed, not her co-workers or her boss. 

:pb_rollseyes:

The least I can do is to plant seeds of doubt into their minds about the path they have chosen to take and maybe, just maybe they will decide that it is the wrong path and come home. I love hearing from women that have come home and are so happy being there. It's where they were meant to be.

I am sure that's exactly what God wants Lori to do- plant seeds of doubt in the minds of her readers so they can do what LORI knows they were meant to do.  

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 2:13 PM, Koala said:

I agree.  If she had a child with delays I could understand, but she said "most of our children", which actually has me wondering if some of them aren't even reading by 9.  She also didn't put any qualifiers that would explain why she didn't teach them earlier.  A parent who struggles with reading is not a valid reason to have an illiterate 8 year old.  It's like he said "don't push them" and she heard "don't bother".  

Signed-

My biological father is completely illiterate.  If I was in his life, my mission would be to teach him to read and write. I am disgusted that no one intervened when he was a child.  

I tutored for project literacy for a while.  I had a student was a 37 year old woman whose husband was high enough in his company (ATT) that he was paid to transfer to another state---but her mother had kept her home from school, beginning in JR high to "Work around the house" and "Care for her younger sister"  and, she discovered (once she could read) that her grandfather had been illiterate as well.  She said she got her Driver's License by praying.... and was pleased when she got to the point she could read street signs and the newspaper.

She posted a flow chart for dating on her FB page today, titled "Dating Before Marrige"[sic].

I love one of the comments and wanted to share it here in case she deletes it:

Ok. First off "Dating before Marriage"... Please spell things correctly before posting. It's distracting. 

Secondly EVERYONE should "date" before marriage. Otherwise, how do you know the person you're marrying? 

Thirdly, Just because you "date" before marriage doesn't mean you'll start at a young age. Your flow chart is flawed from step 1...

I know plenty of Christians, pastors included who can speak to downfalls and they did it "God's way (though there's no scripture that says "how" to date...or even references "dating" in the bible) yet you're acting like it will certainly be all sunshine and rainbows. 

Please stop trying to lie to the masses.

ETA: And the flow chart is gone from her FB page now. I saved it. Are we allowed to share things that were on a publicly accessible FB page but are now gone?

Lori's helpful hint at the end of today's post is quite interesting:

For you who would love to come home full-time, here are two of my most popular posts dealing with living within your husband's income, even if he doesn't make much:
50 Ways We Paid Off Our Home with One Income
Stretching Her Husband's Hard-Earned Income

Neither of the posts listed is actually her work.  Lori has never had to implement any money saving measures so that she could stay home. As we all know, all she did to reach that goal was sabotage her birth control.

As far as her whining that people accuse her of hating working mothers, I don't think people take offense from those silly flow charts simply because they are hateful. They take offense because they are nothing but generalizations.  She states things with such child like certainty. She really cannot comprehend that each household is different. 

Back to the Proverbs 31 woman again; while reading it again today,  this verse stood out to me:

20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.

It just makes me wonder what Lori has done for the needy. More specifically, what has she done for a struggling mother who needs help so that she can stay home with her kids?

13 minutes ago, molecule said:

ETA: And the flow chart is gone from her FB page now. I saved it. Are we allowed to share things that were on a publicly accessible FB page but are now gone?

Yes. If it was public, you may post it here.

Oh, and I don't work outside the home, and yet I have been to both Florida and Europe on more than one occasion,  and I've been on a cruise. How does physics account for me?

Here you go! 

My guess is that she is rewriting it with the correct spelling right now.

loriken_dating_before_marriage.jpg

What do I need to do to make my pictures less gigantic?

9 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Neither of the posts listed is actually her work.  Lori has never had to implement any money saving measures so that she could stay home. As we all know, all she did to reach that goal was sabotage her birth control.

As far as her whining that people accuse her of hating working mothers, I don't think people take offense from those silly flow charts simply because they are hateful. They take offense because they are nothing but generalizations.  She states things with such child like certainty. She really cannot comprehend that each household is different. 

Back to the Proverbs 31 woman again; while reading it again today,  this verse stood out to me:

20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.

It just makes me wonder what Lori has done for the needy. More specifically, what has she done for a struggling mother who needs help so that she can stay home with her kids?

She's their godly mentor, if course! All they need in their lives is Lori's bull shit wisdom. 

FFS!

A sign of hatred does not mean you are spewing cuss words. There is contempt and a passive aggressive nature to all her writings.  She is so giddy that its one the of most liked posts on fb like a silly school girl! Worldly things like that matter so much. Like others said I love the claim that its between God and the family what they choose to do, but she has to meddle anyway because the children....the poor, poor children (an appeal to the emotions). 

Forgot to say...Lori always mention "God never meant for us to take the easy way out". Well, the working mom sure isn't taking the easy way out then by her assumptions. 

Hmm, I'd say that dating before marriage is better than dating after marriage.... and I have no regrets of my dating life with my husband or the previous fellows I dated.  (I didn't date much until college, in part because the smartest boy in my class of 24 was my first cousin...)

7 hours ago, Koala said:

No!  I have seen her criticize women for having nannies, and no one has ever said "umm, excuse me Godly Mentor...."  Who knows though.  I think the purpose of being a sahw is to exercise your delete finger.  It's a big part of being a Godly Older Woman, so maybe someone did comment and Lori just deleted them like the Lord would want her to :pb_lol:

I think at the very least someone who knows Lori IRL as called her out about the nanny part. I can totally get when SAHMs bring in, babysitters/mother's helpers or summer girls(reference to Amazon's show Transparent). I can see that is tough trying to do things around the house and caring for kids. I have a friend who came from a well to do family. Her mom was a SAHM and she would occasionally pay relatives or teen neighbors to come in and help with the kids. But it was never a nanny setup like Lori's and my friend's mom didn't bash working mothers either. My friend's mom did some of the remodeling or painting of  their house in the summers and that's why she would get people in to help with the kids.

Lori comes off as a spoiled princess. She said that the nanny did cleaning for her too. My friend's mom made them all do chores around the house.  I have to wonder if Lori's kids never did chores around the house and that's why the nanny was doing those tasks. I kind of having the feeling that Lori's two daughters might be spoiled princesses. Then again, Lori bitched about her youngest daughter not cooking her the right kind of soup during one of her illnesses. 

1 hour ago, molecule said:

Here you go! 

My guess is that she is rewriting it with the correct spelling right now.

Schadenfreude. That the misspelling was in the first sentence makes it all the sweeter.

Is it evil to wish writers cramp on someone? :pb_evil:

45 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I agree, it's the generalizations that pisses off  people. In the older women vs empty nesters flow chart,  I rolled my eyes at almost everything and I call bullshit on Lori herself doing some of those things. I don't think she has ever been heavily involved at any of the churches that she has attended. She mentioned going to some church meeting where she had to mention that one of the pastors was dying. I doubt that she jumps to help anytime something comes up at church or if someone is in need. She posted something in the past about being against women being out of the house constantly because of two car households. If she follows that belief, she wouldn't be out of house doing volunteer work more than once a week.  My mom worked and helped out at church and taught Saturday Catechism for years. 

WTF with Lori saying that career women or "empty nesters" (her words) like "quiet homes with no company". I have working female relatives and friends that love having company over even during the work week. My mom retired a few years ago and she has no problem having company over and back when she worked opened up her home to relatives.  I know a SAHM that doesn't like having company over at all. Said SAHM has two kids 8 and 9. She doesn't allow any relatives from her side or hubby's side to stay with them.  Her two kids have never had a night away from her and she  freaks out when other moms talk about how their kids going to sleepovers or staying over at the gransparents' house. Now,  I totally get that people 's personalities are  different and some people like having company and others don't. But that has nothing to do with women having a careers or not. Being a SAHM doesn't automatically make a woman very warm, kind, or hospitable.

I know several current and former working women that aren't going on cruises or European vacations and there are different reasons. One can't travel due to health problems, a few just don't like to travel at all, and some can't afford it. I think since Lori lives in an affluent suburb, she  hears stories about working women or retired women going off on trips all the time. But, if she went into less affluent areas, she might not be hearing a lot of vacation stories.

judgmental_flow_chart.jpg

I think that the ladies in her neighbors get together and go on vacations and don't invite Lori and she gets jealous. If they invited her these cruise vacations would probably be very holy.

Why does she have it out for working women so much? I don't get it. It's obsessive.  It makes me wonder if her daughters were just poor students or lazy and never wanted to work and this is the way she justifies her life. Maybe it makes her jealous when she hears other women brag on their daughter's achievements. I'm trying to think of other reasons. Can anyone think of any others? She seems insecure about something.

Re the dating flowchart:

I suppose you could have a flowchart like that for my sister and I.  I starting dating my husband at 16, never slept with anyone else.  She spent years dating guys who never seemed to last more than 2 weeks, and had a lot of different partners.

The end of the flowchart would be quite different, though.  I got married to a great, loving husband.  She got married to a great, loving husband.  We both have committed, monogamous marriages.  We both have kids and live in the same area.  I also have friends in the area who did the "only date for purposes of marriage" thing, who are now happily married with kids.  Our lives today all look an awful lot alike.

Not only are her "flow charts" rude and insulting, they are terrible flow charts! They are an insult to the design of a flow chart, which is supposed to show a process, or answer a question. 

The "older woman empty nester" does not make any sense. 

Also, in the "Should Mothers have Careers" the "flow" doesn't really work. 

Lori is so ignorant and just such a bitch. 

4 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Why does she have it out for working women so much? I don't get it. It's obsessive.  It makes me wonder if her daughters were just poor students or lazy and never wanted to work and this is the way she justifies her life. Maybe it makes her jealous when she hears other women brag on their daughter's achievements. I'm trying to think of other reasons. Can anyone think of any others? She seems insecure about something.

IIRC, she said something on the blog about Alyssa not having interest in academics or college. We know Cassi has a college degree and has been working to support her dental student husband. Alyssa also teaches dance.

College isn't for everyone and people thrive in trade or art related careers. But, Alyssa seems to have no other backup plans and she might find herself in a shitty situation if she can't teach dance or something happens to her husband. Didn't Ken say something about being opposed to helping adult children with financial problems?

Cassi might be better prepared for a difficult situation, but I think it's kind of a red flag that her husband Ryan left pharmacy school to switch to dental school. They might have tons of debt later on and Cassi might have to remain in the workforce longer than Godly SAHM Lori likes.

4 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

IIRC, she said something on the blog about Alyssa not having interest in academics or college. We know Cassi has a college degree and has been working to support her dental student husband. Alyssa also teaches dance.

College isn't for everyone and people thrive in trade or art related careers. But, Alyssa seems to have no other backup plans and she might find herself in a shitty situation if she can't teach dance or something happens to her husband. Didn't Ken say something about being opposed to helping adult children with financial problems?

Cassi might be better prepared for a difficult situation, but I think it's kind of a red flag that her husband Ryan left pharmacy school to switch to dental school. They might have tons of debt later on and Cassi might have to remain in the workforce longer than Godly SAHM Lori likes.

As long as you have a 3.5 GPA Dental school and Pharmacy school aren't that competitive to get into. Medical schools are more competitive. Also, generally dental schools tend to be more expensive then medical school. They will be in debt for a long time. Why is one of her daughters working when she is so opposed to women in the workplace?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived