IGNORED

Kate + 8 + scripted fits

bionicmlle

I've watched every episode of J+K+8 and most of the K+8 episodes.

Jon was definitely a bit douchie but in my opinion he was the better parent and on the shitty end of their relationship. Kate is a control freak and while I can understand needing to be organized, she should've been more flexible. Remember when Cara wanted to wear flip flops to an amusement park? Kate said no, Cara cried, Jon said yes, Kate yelled at Jon "stand with me or stand against me", Cara changed shoes and was upset again, Kate changed her mind and let Cara wear flip flops.

On one of the last episodes she screams at Mady to get her some paper towels to wipe the bumper of the car, Mady is helping and Kate says "you should know by now that if you are going to help me you have to run". This is such a perfect example, Kate wants everything done exactly her way and preferably done 5 minutes ago.

As for the cheating, was it ever confirmed that Jon cheated? They both denied it on the show. She was also accused of cheating with her body guard. I thought that was total BS until the last few episodes. She seemed to be treating him weirdly and at one point she insisted on talking to him away from the camera.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jon was both verbally and physical abused. Sadly, he reacted exactly the same way many women do when they finally get free of the relationship. He got out via an affair and then went crazy for awhile. He was male and he did it in the public eye, but he was no different than the vast majority of women getting out of the same situation.

Also, Jon went to college with a soccer scholarship. IIRC, just before he met and married her, he suffered an injury and lost his scholarship when he couldn't play. He then married an older, controlling and abusive woman. He was something like 24 when the septuplets were born, which would have put him 21-22 when the twins were born. He was VERY young, VERY naive and completely wowed by a woman several years his senior and with a personality of a bowling ball.

He has returned to a normal life, has a steady relationship and a regular job now. He is back in the busom of his family and has even reconciled with HER family.

She, otoh, is one of FIVE children and yet has nothing to do with ANY of her family. She can paint any story she wants, but you gotta ask yourself at what point do you just accept that SHE is the reason she is estranged from her entire family.

She has charged money for everything she could nickel and dime from the day she started fame whoring herself and her family. She has never changed her pattern and simply cuts anyone who objects with her behavior out of her life, and horrifically holds access to those children as a weapon against them. she insists upon a body guard, a several million dollar house and is now trashing how terrible it would be if her children had a "normal" aka "mediocre" life now that their show has been cancelled.

The entire world saw the abuse that man endured at her hand. It was great for ratings if she was more abusive, but it was not merely for the cameras. She was turly an abusive and controlling woman. I have a lot of grace for his mistakes and his growing pains that came in the very public limelight. I think where he is now speaks far more than where he went to get there. If you judge her by that same standard, she's still the spoilded primadonna who thinks her crap smells sweeter and her family should be richly rewarded for her ability to be an uber mom. Hell, she was doing that within the first year of the septuplets lives. She was given a FREE in-home nurse to be her full-time caregive and threw a hissy fit when the babies hit a year and the state deemed it time to remove the extra assistance. She's been milking her children for every dime and moment in the spotlight she could glean from the get-go. I hope she finally goes down into oblivion so those poor children have a chance to be mediocre and normal. If not, they are going to end up like the Dillion quints--unable to have normal, healthy relationships with the outside world because of the damage the exploitation has caused in that limelight.

Jon was both verbally and physical abused. Sadly, he reacted exactly the same way many women do when they finally get free of the relationship. He got out via an affair and then went crazy for awhile. He was male and he did it in the public eye, but he was no different than the vast majority of women getting out of the same situation.

An interesting perspective I had not considered. Thanks, chaotic.

She was given a FREE in-home nurse to be her full-time caregive and threw a hissy fit when the babies hit a year and the state deemed it time to remove the extra assistance. She's been milking her children for every dime and moment in the spotlight she could glean from the get-go. I hope she finally goes down into oblivion so those poor children have a chance to be mediocre and normal. If not, they are going to end up like the Dillion quints--unable to have normal, healthy relationships with the outside world because of the damage the exploitation has caused in that limelight.

I really think the Gosselin children are the modern day Diones. Two of the sextuplets were expelled due to behavior issues, which I think shows that they are being affected. I also think the whole thing with the nurse back before the shows started is very telling of Kate's behavior.

Archived