IGNORED

Kate + 8 + scripted fits

bionicmlle

I agree with tehgoobster she has overstayed her welcome. Most realty show famewhores always overstay their welcomes. The worst fame whore of them is probably Kris Jenner. For some reason, I tolerate Kate more than Kris.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jon was always passive-aggressive, and I don't believe Kate made him that way, although maybe he was attracted to her because he probably couldn't function without a mommy figure telling him exactly what to do. Neither of them are great people, and Jon doesn't get nearly enough of the blame, IMO. He never seemed to care about his kids and he seemed to work long hours to avoid them, and he also seemed to think that providing money was the extent of his paternal obligation, and that anything else he did was extra. If the roles were reversed, Kate would have faced much harsher criticism for being away from her family so much. I wouldn't want Kate as a mother, but I practically had Jon as a father and it was worse than useless. I don't see any of those kids ever having a close relationship with their father when they become adults. Jon wasn't some poor little victim; he's just as bad as Kate is.

LOL "I felt your pain and sought to do something to ease it…" She's completely self-absorbed.

thank god she felt my pain! i thought it was pancreatitis, but it was just kate-itis, and she will seek to do something to ease it!

can you imagine if she goes back into nursing and you wake up to her in the recovery room!

oh, that blog is golden. the most recent tweet on her feed:

I can't watch but I'm here as my twitter allows! :) Thanks for all the kind words- I'm reading.... And crying along with you!:)

eta: oooo. i can't wait to see what the "kate + rumors" page turns into!

Jon was always passive-aggressive, and I don't believe Kate made him that way, although maybe he was attracted to her because he probably couldn't function without a mommy figure telling him exactly what to do. Neither of them are great people, and Jon doesn't get nearly enough of the blame, IMO. He never seemed to care about his kids and he seemed to work long hours to avoid them, and he also seemed to think that providing money was the extent of his paternal obligation, and that anything else he did was extra. If the roles were reversed, Kate would have faced much harsher criticism for being away from her family so much. I wouldn't want Kate as a mother, but I practically had Jon as a father and it was worse than useless. I don't see any of those kids ever having a close relationship with their father when they become adults. Jon wasn't some poor little victim; he's just as bad as Kate is.

See, I don't remember it that way at all, but we're obviously coming from different places. I had an overbearing father and a painfully passive mother. I remember Jon working VERY hard in that household, despite the fact he had a job a long commute away. He was the one who bathed the kids when he got home after work (remember when one if yhe girls had a poopy accident in her crib while Jon was at work and Kate just went on and on about how it was Jon's job to give the kids baths?). Jon was always hauling things in and out of that van under Kate's specific instructions. She was overly anal about things simply because she wanted to retain control of everything.

But most bothersome to me us that she took NO joy in being a mother or being a wife. None at all. Poor Jon, and even poorer kids. Those kids don't stand a chance.

See, I don't remember it that way at all, but we're obviously coming from different places. I had an overbearing father and a painfully passive mother. I remember Jon working VERY hard in that household, despite the fact he had a job a long commute away. He was the one who bathed the kids when he got home after work (remember when one if yhe girls had a poopy accident in her crib while Jon was at work and Kate just went on and on about how it was Jon's job to give the kids baths?). Jon was always hauling things in and out of that van under Kate's specific instructions. She was overly anal about things simply because she wanted to retain control of everything.

But most bothersome to me us that she took NO joy in being a mother or being a wife. None at all. Poor Jon, and even poorer kids. Those kids don't stand a chance.

I agree, HoneyBunny...and yet it was Kate who begged to try for "one more baby" after they had the twins. I remember that bath thing too: "I'm not the bath-giver. Daddy's the bath-giver". Plus in the early specials Jon worked during the week and Kate worked double shifts as a nurse on weekends, so he did all the child care when she was working. It only took a couple of seasons into the show before the twins were in school all day and Kate hired babysitters to help her with the sextuplets, so I'm sure that made things easier than they had been. I always thought Kate made her job as primary caregiver harder than it needed to be because she was way more concerned with the house being clean than doing anything with the kids. I thought it was kind of telling that she hired multiple nannies to help with the kids but could never find a maid that could meet her standards for housecleaning. If she could maybe have scaled back mopping the floors to twice a day instead of three times...

I do think the dubious fame got to Jon after awhile. Once their marriage started falling apart, he really did check out in a lot of ways and did some pretty douchey things. I think he wanted out of the limelight and went about it in a really terrible way, especially for the kids. In the end I think they were both awful, but I was firmly on Team Jon in the beginning.

Um. She was away from her family. A Lot. And she also worked long hours as a nurse.

Jon had an affair (or more) and certainly tried to fame whore it. But eventually he stopped. I am not cutting him any slack, but Kate basically got lucky Jon was such an ass. If he hadnt had been people would have hated her X 100

Let's also not forget that Jon was very often verbally and sometimes physically abused (I'm sure some wouldn't consider her "love taps" to be abusive, but again, if that were him smacking her all the time people would be enraged) by Kate. If the roles were reversed there, everyone would be feeling sorry for poor Kate for having to live with such a monster.

I think they both suck as parents, and I'm on Team Neither, but I do think Jon sucks slightly less than Kate.

Sorry - screwed up on trying to put that quote in my post -

This is all so true - she has pushed away everyone that cared about her for the sake of having it all her own way. She's reaping what she's sown, IMO.

I wish the kids lived with Jon. Sure, he definitely douched it up after leaving Khate, but Khate was an abusive bitch to him. Whatever his faults, he'd be much better for the kids (two of whom apparently got expelled from school!) than Khate.

I watched the show way back when the sextuplets were babies. Kate rubbed me the wrong way then and still does. Later, when their divorce drama was announced I was not a bit surprised. Even the sound of "Kate Plus Eight" was just plain revolting o my ears. Needles to say, I will be avoiding the final episode like the plague.

Ditto. I absolutely CANNOT stand that woman and while I think her kids are adorable I PRAY no one puts her and her kids on TV again. She has such an entitlement attitude. She really is disgusting.

Guest Anonymous

If their marriage hadn't disintegrated, and Jon hadn't started running around, there wouldn't have been another season (or two?) of this show. It's interesting to see Kate's physical transformation - at the beginning she'd actually be seen in sweats/no makeup etc then transformed into Barbie with freakin' heels in every instance....the longer it went on, the further it was from reality IMO.

Saw a bit where Kate says she doesn't regret Jon or some such because "that person doesn't exist anymore" - felt like telling the screen "yeah, but you're still the same old bitch"....

wonder if any of the kids will sue the parents later because their lives were made into a zoo...a la the Dionne Quints (except they sued a government - and won).

The only way she'll be back on TLC full time is if one of the kids marries a duggar spawn. GOD FORBID!

Nope, not possible. Those children are "mixed", you know...

I understand that Kate is quite a diva. This story is from Jill Zarin of RHONY, but it has a nugget of truth in it. It seems that Jill and Kate were attending the same event. Jill needed to use the restroom. Jill went to where a multi-stall ladies room was but the entrance was blocked by Kate's bodyguard (ala the Botkins Brothers) who refused to let Jill in until Kate was finished using the facilities. I guess Kate thought that she was too important to share a restroom with another reality whore.

I never watched J+K+8, but I did watch the first two specials years ago. It's hard to believe that it's the same Kate. She went from suburban SAHM with a dowdy haircut to famewhore in less than a decade. Crazy.

I understand that Kate is quite a diva. This story is from Jill Zarin of RHONY, but it has a nugget of truth in it. It seems that Jill and Kate were attending the same event. Jill needed to use the restroom. Jill went to where a multi-stall ladies room was but the entrance was blocked by Kate's bodyguard (ala the Botkins Brothers) who refused to let Jill in until Kate was finished using the facilities. I guess Kate thought that she was too important to share a restroom with another reality whore.

I've heard that before and I thought it was too funny. One narcissistic, self-absorbed diva bitch has a run-in with another. Perfect!

I'm glad this show is off the air for the sake of the kids (who I do think will all be affected by it for the rest of their lives). I guess so far there are no offers for Kate, even with her going on national talk shows and begging/whining in People magazine? What a shame- not! She probably made enough money over the past 5 years that , had she invested wisely, she wouldn't need to work again until the kids are pretty much grown. Meredith Viera just left her morning show a few months ago, and I believe at least 2 of hers are in college.Meredith currently isn't working- and her husband has MS. She must have planned for her future, unlike Kate, who was often a guest on that show.

A lot of magazines and different sites have reported about Kate buying expensive clothes and other items over the past few years. I wouldn't be surprised if Kate didn't manage her money wisely.

She's a famewhore, simple as that. She uses her children to feed her narcissism and finds nothing wrong with it. She claims she's stressed about how she's going to handle everything now that the show is off, but we all know she's just pissed that she won't be able to live a luxurious life.

Jon is at fault too, especially the way he went about cheating on her, but I felt so bad for him. Even during their earlier seasons I wanted to smack Kate for the way she would treat Jon. There was one episode where he decided to cook a traditional Korean dinner and Kate was flipping out over the way he was preparing the food but at the end was all "yay, we should get daddy to cook more often!" She never appreciates what she has at that moment and takes others for granted. No wonder why so many people who cared about her are no longer part of her life.

Hey Kate, rather than shopping for a new tv show, how about actually spending time with your children and appreciate this time that you're going to have with them. Keep this up and your children will resent you once they're adults.

A lot of magazines and different sites have reported about Kate buying expensive clothes and other items over the past few years. I wouldn't be surprised if Kate didn't manage her money wisely.

Just a few months ago, she bought an expensive little Audi 2 seater sports car. Sure looks like it'll hold a LOT of kids!! :roll:

He never seemed to care about his kids and he seemed to work long hours to avoid them, and he also seemed to think that providing money was the extent of his paternal obligation, and that anything else he did was extra. If the roles were reversed, Kate would have faced much harsher criticism for being away from her family so much.

I think we must just see the same things in a very different way. Jon is far from perfect, but he worked long hours to bring home money to support his family. I well remember seeing him get up early and fixing a mug of coffee for Kate, for when she finally woke up around 8:30 or so (! what mom sleeps in until that late?). Then, when he got home after a full day of work, Kate would turn the kids over to him, and he would bathe all six of the youngest, get them in their pajamas, help them brush their teeth, and put them to bed. How is that avoiding his own children? He also worked hard to fix up a special bedroom for Mady and Cara. He assembled the new big beds the sextuplets got, all by himself. He was definitely the most hands on of the two parents.

Don't forget, Kate has been often away from home for long periods of time, and Jon was the house-husband during that time. This occurred when Kate was on her book signing tour with her "attached at the hip" friend and advisor, Steve Nield.

Any way, Jon is no saint but I think he gets a bum rap for being lazy or not involved. Lazy'ish he might be, but he was the only parent who showed true affection toward the children, and most definitely took active care of them.

As to Kate being cancelled, I'm so glad she will be off the TV. She made a ton of money off her children, not to mention she's just a horrible person overall. As others have pointed out -- when a person drives away their parents, then their wonderful brother and sister-in-law, then their good friends (Beth and her husband), then her own husband, and now even a long-suffering friend/nanny -- one can't help but figure that Kate is the problem here!

I think we must just see the same things in a very different way. Jon is far from perfect, but he worked long hours to bring home money to support his family. I well remember seeing him get up early and fixing a mug of coffee for Kate, for when she finally woke up around 8:30 or so (! what mom sleeps in until that late?). Then, when he got home after a full day of work, Kate would turn the kids over to him, and he would bathe all six of the youngest, get them in their pajamas, help them brush their teeth, and put them to bed. How is that avoiding his own children? He also worked hard to fix up a special bedroom for Mady and Cara. He assembled the new big beds the sextuplets got, all by himself. He was definitely the most hands on of the two parents.

Don't forget, Kate has been often away from home for long periods of time, and Jon was the house-husband during that time. This occurred when Kate was on her book signing tour with her "attached at the hip" friend and advisor, Steve Nield.

Any way, Jon is no saint but I think he gets a bum rap for being lazy or not involved. Lazy'ish he might be, but he was the only parent who showed true affection toward the children, and most definitely took active care of them.

I also think Jon's scenes with the kids show a lot of love and affection that you simply don't see from Kate.

I watched (loosely) for the past few years and watched the finale. It was BANANAS.

Like, the 'handing the pizza to Steve w/ their bare hands'- what parent would be grossed out by that?!? And it was terrible, hearing whatever kid scream and cry about how sorry they were. Ugh.

Archived