IGNORED

Kate + 8 + scripted fits

bionicmlle

So anyone watching Kate+8 finale tonight? Saw a promo for the show and it seems pretty clear to me that the kids have been told to say they are "sad" about show ending (in one clip 2 of the younger children saying they are "sad" with big smiles on their faces) -- Perhaps Kate told them to throw a big fit and TLC will give them their show back or send them on a big trip for a "catch up" episode in the winter.....

Blech.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't stand Kate. I'm so glad she's been cancelled. According to People magazine, she vows to return to TV because she refuses to give her children a "mediocre" upbringing. :confusion-scratchheadyellow: Whatever. I think the twins will write Mommie Dearest books about Kate when they are grown. She has definitely become addicted to the cushy life and doesn't want to go back to being an ordinary Joe if she can help it.

She's a witch & the kids are brats. Hopefully, she's sink back into the woodwork...

I actually feel bad for the kids, even if they are brats. I'm pretty sure Kate's taken whatever money she was able to exploit out of them and used it on herself. I also agree that one of those eight is going to write a book someday and it's not going to be pretty.

Probably the next time we hear about the kids, it will be because one of them was picked up selling meth to support Kate's lifestyle. :shock:

ETA: You know, Kate and Jon started out as a Good Christian Family, but then their hunger for celebrity got the better of them. The slide downhill has been nearly as pronounced as that of Lindsay Lohan, without the drugs.

Guest Anonymous

I watched the show way back when the sextuplets were babies. Kate rubbed me the wrong way then and still does. Later, when their divorce drama was announced I was not a bit surprised. Even the sound of "Kate Plus Eight" was just plain revolting o my ears. Needles to say, I will be avoiding the final episode like the plague.

One can only hope her 15 minutes are over and we never need to see her again.

I always think Kate Gosselin and Jennifer McKinney (MckMama) must be BBF's.

TLC's been cleaning house lately, they cancelled K+8 and LA Ink in the same week and have come up with a couple of new shows. Makes me wonder if The Duggars are next on the chopping block??

Kate has this obnoxious habit of making up words or misusing basic ones. Her lack of a grip on the English language might be enough to make me watch her blog.

I'm happy that her kids don't have to be whored out for their mom's plastic surgery anymore.

One can only hope her 15 minutes are over and we never need to see her again.

The only way she'll be back on TLC full time is if one of the kids marries a duggar spawn. GOD FORBID!

What the fuck was she smoking when she put that pic up there?

I'll just point out (again) that its all about ME and MY fans! LOOK AT MEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! There's no picture of cute kids on that page!

TLC's been cleaning house lately, they cancelled K+8 and LA Ink in the same week and have come up with a couple of new shows. Makes me wonder if The Duggars are next on the chopping block??

They have another season coming up soon. I think the Duggars will at least be fine until next year.

If they kids are doing anything scripted, it's because TLC told them to, not Kate. The kids are no brattier than the Duggars, IMO. And I don't really think Kate is much bitchier than most other reality tv stars. I'd take her bitchiness over JimBob's smuggishness or Michelle's fake baby voice any day.

Kate is a little high-strung, but it's largely because her husband was SO passive-aggressive that if she didn't spell out every detail for him, he would intentionally get things wrong. I don't know why people place so much blame on Kate and not Jon.

her husband was SO passive-aggressive that if she didn't spell out every detail for him, he would intentionally get things wrong

Hmmmm...just gotta say I think it's more the case that Kate MAKES the people around her passive-aggressive, because they soon realize that NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO, THEY'RE WRONG.

Let's count up all the people who (according to Kate herself) didn't know how to help her:

Parents - GONE

Church - GONE

Jodie - GONE

Jon - GONE

Tony - GONE

Ashley - GONE

At some point, you have to look in the mirror and say "Why are all these people leaving?" Unless, of course, you're a narcissistic, self-serving, something or other who simply can't perceive that you might not be "all that" in real life. Narcissists end up driving everyone away, because even if you get sucked in at first, you eventually realize there is only ONE person in a narcissist's life - and it ain't you.

I actually HOPE Kate gets a media job that takes her away from PA and allows those kids to live that very mediocre life they deserve with their dad - one that is filled with mediocre unconditional love, mediocre pride in their accomplishments, mediocre opportunities to to be CHILDREN, mediocre normality...

Hmmmm...just gotta say I think it's more the case that Kate MAKES the people around her passive-aggressive, because they soon realize that NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO, THEY'RE WRONG.

Let's count up all the people who (according to Kate herself) didn't know how to help her:

Parents - GONE

Church - GONE

Jodie - GONE

Jon - GONE

Tony - GONE

Ashley - GONE

At some point, you have to look in the mirror and say "Why are all these people leaving?" Unless, of course, you're a narcissistic, self-serving, something or other who simply can't perceive that you might not be "all that" in real life. Narcissists end up driving everyone away, because even if you get sucked in at first, you eventually realize there is only ONE person in a narcissist's life - and it ain't you.

I actually HOPE Kate gets a media job that takes her away from PA and allows those kids to live that very mediocre life they deserve with their dad - one that is filled with mediocre unconditional love, mediocre pride in their accomplishments, mediocre opportunities to to be CHILDREN, mediocre normality...

This. 100 times this.

She is just so unlikable and very rarely seemed to enjoy her kids. Jon may have been a slack jerk sometimes, but he let the kids be kids and seemed to love their childishness.

I watched the last episode. The kids were so cute and little when the show started. They're still cute but they've sure grown up! It's hard to believe they've had their childhoods whored out for so long. I felt that they were definately repeating Kate on why they were sad the show was ending. They seemed to just be like "we're so sad" and when asked why they paused and looked confused then mumbled about great experiences. I noticed in the looking back part that most of the laughs and smiles from the kids were with Jon not Kate. Poor kids! If she can still make a buck off them she'll do it.

They have another season coming up soon. I think the Duggars will at least be fine until next year.

I agree the Duggars will at least be fine until next year. I think by 2013, their show will be canned. TLC is slowly phasing out pre-2010 reality shows. Before they axed K+8 and LA Ink, they axed Little People, Big World.

What the fuck was she smoking when she put that pic up there?

I'll just point out (again) that its all about ME and MY fans! LOOK AT MEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! There's no picture of cute kids on that page!

She is the very definition of a fame whore. She has already overstayed her welcome, but I have little doubt that she's going to keep trying to force herself into the limelight. It's tacky as all hell.

Archived