IGNORED

Duggar Spin Off?

Nothing2CHere

This is an article I just read on Yahoo! about the end of Kate Plus 8: http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parentin ... 547006/?nc About halfway down, there's this sentence:

Kelly Osbourne, an early example of reality show offspring, has made a career as an on-camera fashion pundit and the continuing saga of both the Duggar and Manzo families has spawned sibling spin-off shows now in development.

:shock: - Anyone else hear anything about this? There's not another reality family with the same last name, is there?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There've been rumors of a Next Generation show for the Duggars for years, which presumably would be about the married children and their spawn. There's even webisodes about Josh and Anna with those titles. However, as the years stretched on and no siblings got courting, the Next Gen webisodes faded away and they continued to feature Josh and Anna on 19 Kids (I would be surprised if anyone thinks they can handle a show on their own). So maybe this is an old rumor, maybe the idea has technically been "in development" for years, maybe they've decided having two kids provides enough material to feature just Josh and Anna for now... or maybe they know something we don't.

Hopefully it's in the same category as "Twist of Kate" - that god-awful idea where Kate was supposed to go around the country offering her "wisdom" to "ordinary" folks struggling with everyday life. A couple of episodes were apparently filmed, and then the premiere was pushed back...and back...and back, until it faded into oblivion.

We can only pray for the same for any spinoffs of the Duggars.

Manzos are one of the families from Real Housewives of New Jersey. The Manzos family has two sons - one who couldn't make it through the first semester of law school, one whose life goal is to own car washes and strip clubs - and a daughter who does...something (when she's not whining about her brothers not living at home any more - maybe she could move in with the Duggars??). Supposedly, the network thinks people will tune in to watch the lives of these three losers...

Yuck...to all of it...

There have been Duggar spin-off rumors for awhile and usually the rumors about Josh and Anna getting their own show. I think if that happened it wouldn't last too long, people would get bored with a 20 something couple with two kids who own used car lots.

Dear God,

Please allow the Duggars to fade back into doing yearly specials so that I will NEVER hear about them again. Please obliterate them from American and international news and television forever.

In Jesus' Name Amen

P.S. While you're at it please let me have a metaphorical brain bleaching and forget about Josh and Anna Duggar.

Hopefully the spin-off will focus on whichever Duggar kid decides to make a run for it.

I would love for TLC to do that but it would never happen. TLC loves the attention/praise the network gets from fans who love the "wholesome, perfect happy Duggars."

Hopefully it's in the same category as "Twist of Kate" - that god-awful idea where Kate was supposed to go around the country offering her "wisdom" to "ordinary" folks struggling with everyday life. A couple of episodes were apparently filmed, and then the premiere was pushed back...and back...and back, until it faded into oblivion.

We can only pray for the same for any spinoffs of the Duggars.

I think that's what's already happened with Josh and Anna. If there's going to be a spin-off, I doubt it would feature them. I think instead it'll be Jana or JD courting, marrying, and having kids. More likely Jana, I can't imagine being in that household where the girls did everything and I bet TLC is doing everything they can to get the kids out of there.

Oooh! I hope Flora Dora Dolly is right.That would be a show that I would tune in for. Maybe they could have a show that focuses in on one of the Duggar kids calling Gohard out on his false teachings and then marching up to the tater tot casserole table and flat out telling Jimbob "I refuse to be the pawn in your and mother's game of legalistic, Bible abusing, red necking, and smug game of lies". Then that J'kid (whoever she might be) can drive off into the sunset whilst her skirt flying out the window behind her.

A spin-off about one of the kids courting and marrying could work and the Duggars lovers would definitely watch. I have seen Duggar fans on other sites praise the family for purity and courtships. A show like that would be easily be used by Gothard and other people to promote purity, courtship and patriarchy.

Hopefully the spin-off will focus on whichever Duggar kid decides to make a run for it.

I doubt TLC will touch that one; but they definitely would cover the remaining Duggars.

I bet Joy's going to be the one who runs... or Jinger... or Jessa.

Guest Anonymous

I doubt TLC will touch that one; but they definitely would cover the remaining Duggars.

I bet Joy's going to be the one who runs... or Jinger... or Jessa.

I bet MTV would do a show covering one or more of the kids if they made a break for it. Fundies hate them already so they have nothing to lose.

I bet MTV would do a show covering one or more of the kids if they made a break for it. Fundies hate them already so they have nothing to lose.

I was thinking more along the lines of ABC or something, but MTV would do well too. It could be a True Life Special. True Life: I'm A Runaway Duggar. True Life: I Used to Be a Fundie.

One of the NJ housewives has a new show on HGTV. I think's it called Dina's Party. She turns your home into a "party". Maybe this is what they are referring to????

I think the best thing "special" they should do is one of where one of the Duggar children leaves ATI for good and show the struggle and hardship of their life afterwards. According to Rebekah's BIL and recoveringgrace it's not an easy task to go from an ATI mindset and then find yourself in the real world. That would be a really interesting documentary of following them and their daily life, as well as talking about why/how they left the movement.

To be honest, I think something like that would give TLC more viewers than what they're presenting to us on "19 kids and counting". It's just a repetition of stuff they've done in the past with pop ups of things we already know about (laundry, homeschooling, etc etc). They put on this front that everything is peachy perfect and there are no flaws in how they're raising their children, which I for one do not buy one bit.

They should show things like the older girls struggling to maintain happiness, how they handle their life after homeschooling, etc etc. I swear, if I see one more episode of them going on some stupid TLC paid field trips and then gloat about how they save money, I'm gonna flip.

One of the NJ housewives has a new show on HGTV. I think's it called Dina's Party. She turns your home into a "party". Maybe this is what they are referring to????

The Manzo sons are rumored to have a spinoff in the works, trying to sell their Black Water crap. Bravo's already paying for a posh, waterfront apartment for the guys (and their sidekick gay BFF) in Hoboken. I guess they can work in the daughter if she gets engaged, but since she's still living at home, I think the show is going to be about the guys.

Remember the show "amish in the city". It would be AWESOME if they did "ATI in the city". Took a bunch of the kids, let them have access to a hot tub... MTV READ THIS!!!

Out of that entire family, Josh is the only want that would want watch LESS than JimBob. If he's getting a spin-off, it will be even worse than the original, which is a pretty gigantic feat. It will just be the same old crap as before, but with a handful of laziness mixed in. The problem in that family is that the only ones who aren't giant assholes are the ones who wouldn't want cameras following them around.

Dina and Caroline Manzo (nee Laurita) are sisters married to brothers. Caroline's husband is Albert Manzo; he runs The Brownstone, a catering facility in Paterson, New Jersey. Dina is married to Tommy who was never on camera except perhaps from the table-slipping party from Hell of season 1. Dina left the show during season 2. (I think she'd had enough of Din'Yell's toxicity. If you don't know who the hell Danielle is, I can explain further.) Caroline and Albert have three kids: Albert, jr or Albie, Christopher and Lauren. Albie did indeed flunk out of law school (Fordham?) at the end of his first year. He apparently has a learning disability and found it difficult to keep up. Both brothers now work at The Brownstone. Lauren is a cosmetologist. Dina has one daughter, Lexi, from a previous marriage. Dina is an interior decorator and also does event planning. I've seen a lot of ads for Dina's Party and I'm still not quite sure what it's about.

One of Dina and Caroline's brothers, Chris, is married to Jacqueline. She is an Army brat and is the mother of Ashley (from her 1st marriage) and sons Christopher, jr and Nicholas with Chris.

Archived