IGNORED

Bates Family Part 11

Coconut Flan

Alyssa is a Webster, and lives by Webster rules. If any of the Duggar females achieve financial independence from Jim Bob (through marriage) they would get to drop the Duggar rules and adopt their new headship's rules.  As this has not happened yet we don't know how far-reaching the consequences would be. 

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alyssa married the son of a US. Congressman. That more than anything explains the changes we have seen in her.

2 hours ago, vienna said:

To me it is really comforting that Alyssa is able to make different chioces. That tells you a lot about their upbringin.  I can not see a Duggar Girl beeing able to do so without major consequences. But most of all the Duggar brainwash is so strong, they would dont even allow themseves to think about thinking different.

I don't know that it tells us anything about their upbringing. Some kids are more independent than other kids, and Alyssa seems to have a strong personality. Plus JimBob has a lot more money than Gil which he can use to bribe his children into staying (businesses, houses, etc.) 

2 hours ago, Kak said:

Alyssa is a Webster, and lives by Webster rules. If any of the Duggar females achieve financial independence from Jim Bob (through marriage) they would get to drop the Duggar rules and adopt their new headship's rules.  As this has not happened yet we don't know how far-reaching the consequences would be. 

Jill had the opportunity to break free from JimBob. She married Derrick, who has an actual degree that he could have used to achieve financial independence from JimBob, but instead they chose to give that up and grift. 

6 hours ago, roddma said:

I can't find the exact quote but GIl posted something about how some missionaries were afraid of cannibal and they shouldn't be becasue God is working on the cannibals who are waiting for their saviors or some non sense.

I did find this quote from a Bates blog post in 2011:

Note nothing is mentioned about how they helped any of them except preaching. No matter with the Bates seem to allow, they still serve the same purpose and only comfortable in their own little bubble with like- minded minions.

Sure, don't worry about those cannibals. If they eat you, no problem. Consider it a fast track to convert them from the inside out. :pb_razz:

That photo of Nathan and all of them hanging out has me wonder. Do they all actually talk about things other than Jesus? Or do they have actual jokes and hobbies? Lol, of course not...

18 minutes ago, hollywood said:

That photo of Nathan and all of them hanging out has me wonder. Do they all actually talk about things other than Jesus? Or do they have actual jokes and hobbies? Lol, of course not...

Do any of the fundie kids talk about things other than Jesus?  Although Nathan also has been taking flying lessons, so I suppose he could talk about that.

I think they would have more to talk about than say Ben and Jessa.

They might also talk about all the "godly" candidates they are supporting every once in a while. But apart from that there isn't much they actually DO. Lawson probably talks a lot about his "music career".

2 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

Jill had the opportunity to break free from JimBob. She married Derrick, who has an actual degree that he could have used to achieve financial independence from JimBob, but instead they chose to give that up and grift. 

Yes, Derek adopted Duggar rules. For some reason.

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

They might also talk about all the "godly" candidates they are supporting every once in a while. But apart from that there isn't much they actually DO. Lawson probably talks a lot about his "music career".

Nathan and Ashley can also talk about the missionary work they both did (in the philippines, i think) together. Thats where i asume they meet for the first time.

Yep! You are right, Diana. I totally forgot that. A lot of the courting couples in other families have topics that they have to discuss prior to an engagement. Things like theology (fundie-style!!), homeschooling, submission, being fruitful and multiply and so on.

Alyssa married the son of a US. Congressman. That more than anything explains the changes we have seen in her.

I'm curious as to what this says about me?

My father in law is a raging, narcissistic alcoholic asshole.

14 hours ago, SheWhoMustNotBeNamed said:

Erin has posted that she is due August 30th, but will get induced early. I thought she was farther along than that since they have released the sex of the baby. Factoring in when these video's were shot, she couldn't have been more than 13 weeks along when she found out. I thought you normally couldn't tell until at least 16-18 weeks? I may be wrong.

9 hours ago, winterdice said:

There is a (reasonably expensive) blood test you can do at 10 weeks, which looks for genetic issues, but also reveals XX/XY status. Usually you can tell on an ultrasound around 14 weeks. 

I'm no expert - as when I was pregnant ultrasounds where in their infancy, but I have 2 pregnant nieces. The one due in Sept. doesn't know the sex yet after 1 ultrasound. The one due in August knows from the ultrasound (not sure if it was the first or second ultrasound) that baby B is a girl but baby A is positioned such that they can't tell yet. The blood test they've done won't tell sex w/ twins.

7 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Or perhaps Alyssa has her few of her own opinions & looked forward to expressing them when no longer under her parent's roof?

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived