IGNORED

Counting On Season One

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

"And then Romeo asked Juliet's father if he could enter a blessed courtship with her and then Lady Capulet monitored all of their text messages and they lived happily ever after!"

Was Nurse their accountability buddy?

Our was it their cousins, Benvolio and Tybald?

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I'll be ready after I've been to the LCBO.

I thought Ontario now had alcohol in supermarkets.

It's so depressing that this is happening.

I finally got around to watching the third of the three-part-"special" (I watched some of the first and a tiny bit of the second) as well as the preview for the new series

These were my observations (I still think they need to be off the air and deserve intense scrutiny:)

-The kids, especially the bigs, appear from this special to be withdrawing some from Boob and J'Chelle.  Honestly even the littles seemed to respond better to siblings than parents, moreso than even in the last episodes of 19K&C which I think is telling. 

-Jill's spanish wasn't horrible.  I was actually impressed.  Derrick's was not as good but Jill seemed to be picking up on it pretty well considering that she's had no formal schooling and that I had thought previously that they were all kinda stupid.  

- Jessa's labor and Ben's unwavering support of her in the moment brought tears to my eyes.  Their family is a shitshow, their lives will continue to be a clusterfuck, but that labor was a real bonding moment for them.  Of course the drama had to get ramped up right after for the cameras but Reality TV and all that. 

-Some of the kids seem to have grasped, at least somewhat, that their family is a disaster trainwreck.  They haven't gone against the TV thing or anything like that but the older ones especially really seem different in some way.  They aren't sheltered like they were before. 

3 hours ago, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

That sounds like possibly a bunch of recycled footage edited together with talking heads like they did for the tribute to Jill's glorious life that they aired before her wedding episode. I hate that TLC loves to do that.  Could be an over-hyped clip show comprised of jill and jessa scenes from old seasons, the recent specials, and then a montage of teaser clips from the new show. 

I love the quote Jill's glorious life 

and it looks like Ben and Jessa' publicity bandwagon is beginning 

endless photos of them telling us that Spud is 4 months old 

selling their child but it's a cute picture of spud - but I do wonder if they are just counting the months until they can adopt 

1 hour ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

I'm pretty sure they have a fairly limited selection in grocery stores.  I'm guessing it's similar to going the the SAQ over a grocery store here.  More selection and typically more price ranges.

28 minutes ago, Natalie22 said:

I'm pretty sure they have a fairly limited selection in grocery stores.  I'm guessing it's similar to going the the SAQ over a grocery store here.  More selection and typically more price ranges.

Thanks.

I still remember the surprise I had the first time I bought gas in Qc and the depanneur was nearly half beer and a few junk food items to balance it out.

2 hours ago, bucket said:

-The kids, especially the bigs, appear from this special to be withdrawing some from Boob and J'Chelle.  Honestly even the littles seemed to respond better to siblings than parents, moreso than even in the last episodes of 19K&C which I think is telling. 

-Jill's spanish wasn't horrible.  I was actually impressed.  Derrick's was not as good but Jill seemed to be picking up on it pretty well considering that she's had no formal schooling and that I had thought previously that they were all kinda stupid.  

- Jessa's labor and Ben's unwavering support of her in the moment brought tears to my eyes.  Their family is a shitshow, their lives will continue to be a clusterfuck, but that labor was a real bonding moment for them.  Of course the drama had to get ramped up right after for the cameras but Reality TV and all that. 

-Some of the kids seem to have grasped, at least somewhat, that their family is a disaster trainwreck.  They haven't gone against the TV thing or anything like that but the older ones especially really seem different in some way.  They aren't sheltered like they were before. 

I had all these thoughts when I watched it the first go-around. I think Jill's Spanish needed improvement, but she was doing way better than I could have expected her to do all things considered. Jessa and Ben were cute, but all I took away from it is that I hope the other sisters that were there think "I'm 100% going to have my future babies in a hospital" seeing as both Jill AND Jessa's labors were pretty traumatic. 

To your last point, I think it is very obvious that the older/middle children are catching on. Jill is entrenched and I think steadfast in her belief that her family is perfect, but JD, Jana, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy... on down seem to have a grasp on how screwed up everything is. Now I just hope the new show can help them realize what's out there. 

12 hours ago, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

That sounds like possibly a bunch of recycled footage edited together with talking heads like they did for the tribute to Jill's glorious life that they aired before her wedding episode. I hate that TLC loves to do that.  Could be an over-hyped clip show comprised of jill and jessa scenes from old seasons, the recent specials, and then a montage of teaser clips from the new show. 

An episode made up of that sounds like it would be riveting. [/sarcasm]

Jill gets by alright with spanish. Until you remember how many times she's been to el Salvador and that she was always the one who seemed really interested in learning the language. The medical terms I give her a pass on, definitely. But I was surprised that she seemed unsure about using basic terms like "regalo." It's seems that Jesus' gift of redemption would have been in some skit sometime over the years.

15 hours ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

I only know of one grocery store in my city that's selling it (there may be more, but I haven't heard of any), and supposedly the selection isn't all that great. I've heard that the prices are higher, too, but I have no idea if that's true. I require the very best alcohol if I'm going to subject myself to Jill & Jessa, so the LCBO it is!

Haha, forgive me, but the talk about supermarkets selling alcohol amuses me. Here this is totally normal and even at the cash registers on one side are the sweets for the children and on the other side small bottles with alcohol for the adults. At the same hight, so children could easily take them. Not hidden away or something like that.  :laughing-jumpingpurple:

1 hour ago, Gobbles said:

Haha, forgive me, but the talk about supermarkets selling alcohol amuses me. Here this is totally normal and even at the cash registers on one side are the sweets for the children and on the other side small bottles with alcohol for the adults. At the same hight, so children could easily take them. Not hidden away or something like that.  :laughing-jumpingpurple:

Same here!

The supermarket I go to has 3 aisles of alcohol. They are positioned near the tills, so while I'm waiting in line I always seem to crack and end up with a bottle of cheap as supermarket own brand vodka, because I'm classy like that!

14 minutes ago, Bushes of Love said:

Same here!

The supermarket I go to has 3 aisles of alcohol. They are positioned near the tills, so while I'm waiting in line I always seem to crack and end up with a bottle of cheap as supermarket own brand vodka, because I'm classy like that!

That's how it is here in Wisconsin!! Wisconsinites take their drinking quite seriously!! It's really a huge and nice (unless someone develops a problem) part of our culture. 

The last (US) state I lived in sold alcohol everywhere - gas stations, grocery stores, etc. The state I live in now does not, so I've become familiar with liquor stores! And the first state I've ever lived in has the weirdest liquor laws (Pennsylvania), where you pretty much have to buy a case of beer if you want to buy beer. So strange....

21 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Was Nurse their accountability buddy?

Our was it their cousins, Benvolio and Tybald?

If it was Nurse, I betcha she swore up and down on her maidenhead that she would kill herself if the two lovebirds touched, or heaven forbid, had teh ebil handsex!!1!1!!

This is going to be so boring and tedious!! I am seriously baffled that the show is going to air! Does anyone know how many episodes they are doing? 

Buzzard's predictions for exciting Duggar happenings this season:

- Izzy crawls

- Ben and Jessa make goo goo faces and babble at spurge

- Izzy and Spurge facetime

- Jessa goes shopping for baby clothes with a J'slave

- Jessa and Jinger go shopping for clothes now that jessa "has her body back."

- Ben plays sports, Jessa cheers.  Spurge is appropriately dressed in said sport uniform

- Jill takes Izzy shopping for "foreign" foods and has trouble reading boxes

- Spurge goes to the dr

- Jessa and Bin go out to dinner and a J'slave watches spurge

- The duggars have a meal together

- Anna gets her hair/nails something of the sort done

- Joy is hired by Sierra as a partner for the worst party planner incc

JD does something with an airplane

- Michelle and Jessa go to speak to a church wimmenz group

- Jana is seen lurking in the background

- Jinger takes pictures of spurge being a baby

- The m'kids, spurge, and izzy play together while people look on and coo

- There is atleast one joke about a person in possession of a holy penis changing a diaper

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

- Izzy crawls

- Ben plays sports, Jessa cheers.  Spurge is appropriately dressed in said sport uniform

- Spurge goes to the dr

- There is atleast one joke about a person in possession of a holy penis changing a diaper

Buzzard you crack me up! You are probably spot on with your predictions! The show should be called "counting yawns"!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

- Izzy crawls

- Spurge goes to the dr

Drinking game?

5 minutes ago, Hera said:

Drinking game?

totally a drinking game 

every time :D 

how about every time Jessa refuses to answer a question ! 

6 hours ago, missegeno said:

Jill gets by alright with spanish. Until you remember how many times she's been to el Salvador and that she was always the one who seemed really interested in learning the language. The medical terms I give her a pass on, definitely. But I was surprised that she seemed unsure about using basic terms like "regalo." It's seems that Jesus' gift of redemption would have been in some skit sometime over the years.

Wasn't it Jill that insisted on taking the Howlers to SOTDRT Spanish lessons taught by Marjorie's mom?  And wasn't it her who put index cards on household objects with the name of them in Spanish?  

I'll give her credit where it's due.

Wasn't it Jill that insisted on taking the Howlers to SOTDRT Spanish lessons taught by Marjorie's mom?  And wasn't it her who put index cards on household objects with the name of them in Spanish?  

I'll give her credit where it's due.

That was my point. She has always been the one who was big on Spanish. That's why her Spanish on the specials is notably bad. Because if any of the Duggars are good at the language, it would be her.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived