IGNORED

Adult Coloring Books Bring the Devil!

EyeQueue

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a colorist, but got pulled into the topic because adult coloring books are now a topic of big debate in the church where I grew up.  Apparently, some of the elders see them as a "childish thing" that we adults should have put away because it keeps us from focusing on God, taking dominion of the world, etc.. This is the view on coloring books in general; I can imagine how any mention of mandalas would be received.

My current church had a mother-daughter coloring night as a relationship-building/fun night out that was a big hit with moms and teens alike. Pretty sure I'd get some major stinkeye if I mentioned that back home, though.  Kind of sad, actually.  I see coloring as just another form of creative expression that can be good or bad, depending on what you do with it. 

Alright then. I'll be sure to purchase even more shapeless burkhas from now on. These are the same people who brought us the frumper, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

@AmazonGrace and @Crocoduck, picture #3 looks like some pictures of nursing dresses that I've seen although the lacy overlay at the top would need to come a bit lower and #6 could be made into a nursing dress if that collar were a bit bigger.  #6, though, looks like she has terrible varicose veins!

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I've colored my fair share of mandalas but I'm nowhere closer the spirit of the universe. But it's MAN-dalas, it can't be good for unmarried girls. 

Here's some godly coloring 

Screenshot-2015-10-14-14.08.59-e14499785

Well, for starters 1, 2, 3, 5, & 6 need features, and 4 needs an entire torso and face. Maybe if whoever came up with this godly gotcha paid attention to the entire woman, they wouldn't be quite so focused on stupid shit... 

Oh, and I kind of like #4's skirt. :pb_smile:

26 minutes ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Well, for starters 1, 2, 3, 5, & 6 need features, and 4 needs an entire torso and face. Maybe if whoever came up with this godly gotcha paid attention to the entire woman, they wouldn't be quite so focused on stupid shit... 

Oh, and I kind of like #4's skirt. :pb_smile:

There is no point in these women having faces when they are parading around in these revealing outfits. No man is going to appreciate their countenance with such blatant eye traps everywhere.  I'm attempting to answer the question posed as to how I would alter them.  I'm struggling a bit. #1 needs a little black addition to her chest area and sleeves.  #2 is clearly just a slut and nothing is going to change that. #3 obviously needs to finish the lower half of her top. Seriously, she has less than half a top!! #4 has an unsightly slit that needs immediate attention. #5 has to lose that bow that says: here are my boobs, and, my god, grow your hair, woman.  #6, well, just sew up that huge v-neck thing and get thee to a vascular surgeon stat!!!

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I've colored my fair share of mandalas but I'm nowhere closer the spirit of the universe. But it's MAN-dalas, it can't be good for unmarried girls. 

The eyetraps are the women, right?  They can be improved by replacing them with men.

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

What the ever lovin' fuck ???

22 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

There is no point in these women having faces when they are parading around in these revealing outfits. No man is going to appreciate their countenance with such blatant eye traps everywhere.  I'm attempting to answer the question posed as to how I would alter them.  I'm struggling a bit. #1 needs a little black addition to her chest area and sleeves.  #2 is clearly just a slut and nothing is going to change that. #3 obviously needs to finish the lower half of her top. Seriously, she has less than half a top!! #4 has an unsightly slit that needs immediate attention. #5 has to lose that bow that says: here are my boobs, and, my god, grow your hair, woman.  #6, well, just sew up that huge v-neck thing and get thee to a vascular surgeon stat!!!

#5 must be Erika, hairwise.

@Fascinated, there is lace at the top of the first dress isn't there?  I know that my husband thinks that lace should only be on nightwear and lingerie.  I don't know where he gets a crazy idea like that, but he thinks that way.  Is it common for lace to be thought of as risqué?

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

Is it common for lace to be thought of as risqué?

I don't think so. I wore a dress similar to #1 to a wedding recently and even my grandmother thought it looked nice. ;) 

3 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Fascinated, there is lace at the top of the first dress isn't there?  I know that my husband thinks that lace should only be on nightwear and lingerie.  I don't know where he gets a crazy idea like that, but he thinks that way.  Is it common for lace to be thought of as risqué?

I don't think so (never heard that before), but if a little lace is risqué, then dear old Penny is the whole red light district.

http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2013/08/welcome-home-tour.html

4 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

If there's no lining under the lace, then yes, I guess that would be forbidden.

18 hours ago, OnceUponATime said:

@Buzzard you mean a bit like this? It's badly done I know

Hide contents

dug.thumb.jpeg.6ff6dd0db3ca1ee4f09caa62f

Yes! But a little more room at the top to insert a thought bubble.  

Josh: Did my phone just vibrate?  I hope someone read my profile!

Anna:  Thank you Jesus for such a Godly man!

My anniversary dress was all lace and I thought it looked classy. Of course it had a lot of red so maybe I looked like the Whore of Babylon. What do I know?

14 hours ago, Granwych said:

#5 must be Erika, hairwise

But she has no wisps so, no.  She's just a common slut.

I had number 4's skirt- in 1992.

7 hours ago, 16strong said:

I don't think so (never heard that before), but if a little lace is risqué, then dear old Penny is the whole red light district.

http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2013/08/welcome-home-tour.html

@16strong, OMG!  That house is so incredibly tacky!  I do admit I like what we can see of the potting shed, but that's it.  With that "christmas tree" made of old wedding dresses up the the whole year in the master bedroom, they probably have the bedroom completely dark whenever they make love.

1 hour ago, tumblr said:

The dinning room looks like the setting of a horror movie.

I'm just wondering if her thanksgiving guests are already seated in that picture...

21 minutes ago, daisyd681 said:

I'm just wondering if her thanksgiving guests are already seated in that picture...

Only if she's hosting the dead. That whole dining room looks like one big shroud.

The rest of it looks like a doll house that had a Victorian garden throw up in it. 

(Said by someone who referred to her own house as early dorm room... Not that it makes me less mean, but I will criticize myself as well. :pb_razz:)

Aw, c´mon - I just got into that!  Bought me my first  Birds & Butterflies Zen colouring book, sucessfully managed to keep my own box of colouring pencils from getting all chewed on by the kids...   and now that´s of the Satan too?!

*sigh*

Well, back to greeting card calligraphy with pigeon´s blood it is then I guess.....

10 minutes ago, BullsChargers said:

That house reminds me of walking through an antique mall.

I cannot imagine having to dust that place. 

5 minutes ago, Shiny said:

I cannot imagine having to dust that place. 

I just thought about having to beat out all of those dresses, and now my sinuses hurt.

Archived