IGNORED

Adult Coloring Books Bring the Devil!

EyeQueue

What I find hilarious is that I have liberal friends who are also very against Mandalas in coloring books, because cultural appropriation and now we have evangelicals upset because satan. Very interesting overlap there. 

Being a big more serious, I worry for this woman. I read a couple of her other blog posts and I have never seen a more Satan obsessed person. She seems to relate everything back to satan, very concerning. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Curious said:

I belong to one (yes only one) coloring group on FJ.   Someone in that group posted about this article there today and they were quite upset by the article.  She said she wasn't going to stop coloring mandalas, but was really upset at the fact that some people would think it was unchristian (satanic?  I haven't read the article).

There are tons of christian based coloring books out there and I just noticed a few days ago that there are a ton of new ones coming out this year.  

If you don't want to color mandalas there are still plenty of "safe" coloring options for christians.   I wish I had so much time on my hands and that my life was so simple that all I had to do was worry about what other people are coloring :pb_rollseyes:

Why would coloring books not be safe for Christians?  I have one (Creative Cats) and most of the ones I've seen are flowers, animals, etc.  Didn't God create flowers, cats, etc?  I can understand the adult coloring books (in the dirty sense of the word) or ones related to things they don't believe in, but someone who colors more than me explain this.

Not safe for the same reason that prayer labyrinths are of teh ebil.  It's pagan.  It's from other religions.  Your connecting to satan blah blah blah blah blah.  Quite frankly, these folks need to stop seeing the devil behind every bush.  They're giving him too much power.  Oh and if the Holy Spirit is in you, how the heck can Satan get in anyway?  

Fundies, stripping the fun out of life and making hell seem like a really fun place filled with cool people and awesome extracurricular activities.

This doesn't surprise me one bit

@tumblr I think the evangelicals are upset because religiously based cultural appropriation gives Satan a foothold in their heart.

2 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Why would coloring books not be safe for Christians?

Not all coloring books, just those with mandalas and mandala-like patterns.

I grew up in a house where this sort of shit was spouted. It makes me mad, mad I tell you, raging mad! No, Satan does not sit in the ink of the lines waiting for you to grab a pencil so he can jump into your heart to hide while you're concentrating on coloring between the lines. Just like how I didn't get some super magical powers from demons after reading about them (which is a shame really.)

Those people fail to realize some of the pagan origins they do celebrate/utilize

What would this person think about zentangling?  I have a friend who is doing incredible patterns with that, and some of hers look like mandalas.  I have, so far, concentrated on simple flowers in my coloring books, but I am eyeing a mandala for my office.  So far, no coloring has affected my spirit in any way, it's simple staying inside the lines and hoping the colors don't clash.

9 hours ago, iweartanktops6 said:

Why must fundies make everything about God or Satan? And why are they always so concerned about what everyone else is doing. 

Apparently they have waaaay too much time on their (idle) hands.  Hands that could be making something quite pretty--maybe coloring??

8 hours ago, onlyme said:

Oh, sorry. I don't follow Zsu Zsu. :P 

BUT 

Carl Jung is a psychologist and probably a mason so his endorsements of mandalas prove they are of the devil. And the OK sign is code for 666. That's why all the pop stars make the OK sign, to signal to each other they are in the Illuminati, which is bringing in the new world order which is clearly of the devil. And the Rosy Cross is related to the Rosicrucians who are related to the Masons who are related to the Illuminati who are clearly of the Devil. 

And so you have now proved that coloring books are the devil's tool to prepare people for the New World Order. 

You are sure you aren't secretly Taryn?  You are doing a great job channeling her :mouse-shock:

3 minutes ago, Curious said:

You are sure you aren't secretly Taryn?  You are doing a great job channeling her :mouse-shock:

Awesome, but slightly too logical in the thought processes...

I miss Taryn

34 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Why would coloring books not be safe for Christians?  I have one (Creative Cats) and most of the ones I've seen are flowers, animals, etc.  Didn't God create flowers, cats, etc?  I can understand the adult coloring books (in the dirty sense of the word) or ones related to things they don't believe in, but someone who colors more than me explain this.

hah I just noticed my typo in that post where I said FJ rather than FB.  Silly muscle memory.

Christians seem to make everything "unsafe" if they try.  Why is Harry Potter not ok to read?  The more people are fearful the easier they are to control.   If coloring certain things can lead to satan leading you astray it's just one more way to control people.

I probably have about 40-50 coloring books now and aside from the 2 swear words ones, I would feel perfectly fine giving any of them to a child of any age to color.   I'm not a whackadoodle that sees satan around every corner though.

I'm not a colorist, but I bet we have a very talented FJer that could put together a coloring book based on instagram pics, blog posts etc of our favorite fundies.  I can only imagine the variations we'd see of those who have given away "pieces of their heart." Quiverful of arrows, or my personal favorite, the pic of Josh and Anna slurping on a frostee at chick fil a in support of "righteous biblical marriage" while he was secretly off scouring the internet for women.  OMG think of the thought bubbles!

19 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

What would this person think about zentangling?  I have a friend who is doing incredible patterns with that, and some of hers look like mandalas.  I have, so far, concentrated on simple flowers in my coloring books, but I am eyeing a mandala for my office.  So far, no coloring has affected my spirit in any way, it's simple staying inside the lines and hoping the colors don't clash.

the way zentangle started, they were almost all "mandalaesque" because you were supposed to use these little square dealys (or make a square on your paper) and then split that into parts and tangle within those lines.  That kind of automatically made them look like square mandalas, IMO.

Now people tangle entire walls so some of the original look has been lost over time and people find more and more ways to use it.

I have a friend that is a certified zentangle teacher and she does beautiful tangled animals.

I can't draw for shit. Stick figures, or as I like to call them, early cave paintings, are about as far as I can go artistically. This is why I love coloring. The design is there, all I have to do is stay in the lines. :my_smile:

You would think that is something that would appeal to the overly rigid religious types. No free form, everything is laid out, nice and orderly, you don't have to think. Just stay in the lines. If you don't like mandalas, color in a tree. Just stay away from apples...:tw_apple::pb_wink:

I think I have a dozen of these coloring books. My mom and I are always picking some up and trading. I keep some on hand for when we have kids visiting. And, frankly, I love to color.  Some of them may be mandalas; I really don't recall and I'm not going to get off the couch to go check.  All I see are pretty designs.

But in giving this a little more thought, I've decided some of them are surely mandalas. Because...well...I realize I have been skating on thin ice lately; morally speaking.

I've done some light lusting for Daryl on The Walking Dead.

I've eaten a batch of chocolate oatmeal cookies in two days.

I failed to cook dinner for my headship THREE TIMES last week.

I left the house wearing leggings....with a tunic, but still....

My list of transgressions goes on and on.  AND NOW I KNOW!

IT'S THE MANDALAS!!!

:bangheaddesk:

It's funny, but that blog post made this non-colorer want to color mandalas. Gaining understanding and oneness with the universe sounds pretty good to me. Now, let's talk about the fact that Easter is actually the spring equinox, and totally pagan. I mean, the resurrection of a savior just so happened to coincide with the symbolic resurrection of life every spring. Totally. Mandalas are of the devil but Christians celebrating a Pagan holiday isn't. 

I was having trouble understanding the adult coloring book trend. Now that I know it's a plot from Satan it all makes perfect sense. Thank you, FJ!

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I'm not a colorist, but I bet we have a very talented FJer that could put together a coloring book based on instagram pics, blog posts etc of our favorite fundies.  I can only imagine the variations we'd see of those who have given away "pieces of their heart." Quiverful of arrows, or my personal favorite, the pic of Josh and Anna slurping on a frostee at chick fil a in support of "righteous biblical marriage" while he was secretly off scouring the internet for women.  OMG think of the thought bubbles!

OMG, if someone did this, I would pay good money for it. :D

Maybe Me? Obey Him? will make into a coloring book and Lori "Godly Older Woman" Alexander will distribute them to her her mentees. 51AM5FAXDRL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

1 hour ago, Crocoduck said:

I was having trouble understanding the adult coloring book trend. Now that I know it's a plot from Satan it all makes perfect sense. Thank you, FJ!

Handy tip: don't drink something while reading this thread (especially the above comment by Crocoduck. That is all.

;)

PS: I love to color, love heavy metal, have tattoos & have a pet snake. I'll be looking for my handbasket next time I go to a Sal's Boutique (buy used, save the difference).  :P

@lilwriter85,  Elizabeth Rice Handford's husband was the pastor of a big IFB church here in Greenville about 30 years ago.   I think the husband's deceased, but Libby is still living. 

I've colored my fair share of mandalas but I'm nowhere closer the spirit of the universe. But it's MAN-dalas, it can't be good for unmarried girls. 

Here's some godly coloring 

Screenshot-2015-10-14-14.08.59-e14499785

9 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I've colored my fair share of mandalas but I'm nowhere closer the spirit of the universe. But it's MAN-dalas, it can't be good for unmarried girls. 

Here's some godly coloring 

Screenshot-2015-10-14-14.08.59-e14499785

Is this a real workbook? These women are practically wearing burkhas, yet they have eye traps? :huh:

37 minutes ago, Crocoduck said:

Is this a real workbook? These women are practically wearing burkhas, yet they have eye traps? :huh:

Yeah Gotthard materials. These burkhas  draw attention to the fact that a woman has a body. 

Archived