IGNORED

FLDS Leaders indicted

Ex FLDS Brenda Nicholson is attending the trial and writing excellent recaps on her Facebook page:

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004290158711&tsid=0.11530787847004831&source=typeahead

shes also got a blog where she's going to DC women's summit after being chosen 

https://brendasjourneyblog.wordpress.com

i think her YouTube documentary was posted? If not here

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm following her on facebook and she just reported that Lyle Jeffs (brother off) has absconded....

Nobody saw that coming right......:smiley-signs131:

26 minutes ago, Angelic83 said:

I'm following here on facebook and she just reported that Lyle Jeffs (brother off) has absconded....

Nobody saw that coming right......:smiley-signs131:

DAFUQ. Here we go again...

6 minutes ago, seattlechic said:

DAFUQ. Here we go again...

And the problem is that I bet he won't be found soon. He has his connections and still a lot of dedicated followers...

Just now, Angelic83 said:

And the problem is that I bet he won't be found soon. He has his connections and still a lot of dedicated followers...

Seriously. Don't these people KNOW the Jeffs are absconders extraordinaire? Sheesh.

On 5/27/2016 at 7:02 PM, theinvisiblegirl said:

Anyone else follow TribunePolygamy on Twitter? It's how I get a fair amount of my FLDS news.

Lyle Jeffs wants out of prison while waiting for the food stamps fraud trial in October to begin. The other people who were indicted were given supervised release pending the trial, and he wants the same liberties. http://www.sltrib.com/news/3941370-155/lyle-jeffs-again-asks-to-be

I don't think they should let him go. I understand constitutional rights, but I think he'll flee just like Warren did.

I called it less than a month ago. I must be psychic - or know that history repeats itself, especially in FLDS culture.

There's a Tribune article on this, but the public post Brenda has on her Facebook from 3 hours ago is a decent read, too.

At least he doesn't have a very big head start. According to Brenda Nicholsons facebook page:

His first (ex)wife, Charlene, called me this evening and gave me permission to share what she told me.

Yesterday, (Sunday) Lyle was checked on and was at home where he was supposed to be. Today when the check was made, he was gone. His GPS ankle monitor was left behind, intact, so no alarm had been sounded.

Once it was discovered that he was gone they began monitoring border crossings out of the US, including stopping all vehicles and using dogs to sniff out if he was being hidden in a box or container for transport.

This is encouraging in that it means he didn't have days of head start.

11 hours ago, daisyd681 said:

I think everyone but the judge saw this coming.

Exactly.

Someone on the Salt Lake Tribune under the name Zippy said this:

he will be caught, cuz the Highway Patrolman will notice that one of his wives was not buckled in her car seat.....

This was on Good Morning America a few minutes ago.  

He has property in South America (presumably in a country with no extradition agreement), has access to a large number of safe houses among cult members, has oodles of money.

He'll be living the life of a fugitive and will be caught eventually.  He looks like a big guy, over 6' tall, and that makes it much harder to hide.  He's facing federal charges; fleeing is a huge mistake.  There are now enough disaffected FLDS members that it be will much harder to stay hidden than when Warren Jeffs was on the run. 

Lyle Jeffs' son, who left the FLDS over two years ago, says,

"I'm not here to say 'I told you so,' but I did," Thomas Jeffs, one of Lyle Jeffs' sons, said in an interview with FOX 13. "It was inevitable."

Thomas Jeffs, who left the church two-and-a-half years ago, said his father will be constantly on the move and assisted by FLDS faithful, and communicate with burner phones. Thomas Jeffs told FOX 13 he helped his father stay hidden from federal authorities when Warren Jeffs was a fugitive from the FBI.  

FOX 13, Salt Lake City

6 hours ago, ADoyle90815 said:

he will be caught, cuz the Highway Patrolman will notice that one of his wives was not buckled in her car seat.....

It took me a minute......

6 hours ago, ADoyle90815 said:

Someone on the Salt Lake Tribune under the name Zippy said this:

Sometimes my macabre sense of humor gets me into trouble. It might be really inappropriate, but I thought that one was funny (really sad, but funny).

There are also FLDS properties on the border, on the Canadian side, as well as ranches somewhere in northern Mexico.

• 3 weeks later...

People.com has an article about how he  allegedly used olive oil to escape from his ankle monitor ... if it was that easy whats the point of those things anyway?

Olive oil?  That's an incredibly interesting detail.  Along with, "They think he had help".  

Glad to see this widely covered in news outlets, though.  The Faithful are determined to keep him in deep hiding, and will not make the same mistakes that allowed Warren Jeffs to be caught.  However, like the WWII motto, "loose lips sink ships", perhaps someone somewhere will talk.  There are too many disaffected FLDS for him to be totally safe these days.  If the Feds would put a major price on his head, he'd be much more likely to be caught. 

• 2 weeks later...

I dreamed a few nights ago that Lyle Jeffs had been caught.  

ETA: I just came across this excellent Rolling Stone article posted four days ago: 

Where Is Escaped Polygamous Cult Leader Lyle Jeffs?

Of course, there's speculation about where Lyle might be, but also some updates on Warren Jeffs ("widely suspected of being insane" and, according to Sam Brower, "I think Lyle knows Warren is crazy").   I hadn't heard any speculation before that Warren Jeffs is insane.  

The article also discusses the large number of people who have left the FLDS, but remain connected to the faithful. These people could be a potential source of intelligence related to Lyle Jeffs' location.   

• 4 weeks later...

Lyle Jeffs's attorney speculates her client may not have run away -- he may have been raptured!

http://fox13now.com/2016/08/23/did-fugitive-flds-leader-lyle-jeffs-experience-the-miracle-of-rapture/

This is just trolling, of course. As far as I know, the Rapture(TM) is an ebil belief of some gentile (i.e., non-FLDS) so-called "Christians" and not endorsed under that name by the Prophet Warren, who, after all, would have been first in line to be raptured if such a thing were to happen.

In the meantime, I believe Nephi Jeffs is now nominally in charge. How long until Warren runs out of brothers whom he hasn't expelled from the priesthood or who aren't on the lam?

10 hours ago, paganbaby said:

How long until Warren runs out of brothers whom he hasn't expelled from the priesthood or who aren't on the lam?

It will probably take him quite a while- Rulon Jeffs had at least 33 sons according to his obituary. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/09/15/us/mormon-leader-is-survived-by-33-sons-and-a-void.html 

7 hours ago, Bethella said:

It will probably take him quite a while- Rulon Jeffs had at least 33 sons according to his obituary. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/09/15/us/mormon-leader-is-survived-by-33-sons-and-a-void.html 

Yes, but he kicks out followers by the dozen, and his own brothers are far from immune. I think even Lyle was tossed out to "repent" for a while, and he's one of the few Warren took back.

On 2016-03-10 at 1:40 PM, zee_four said:

My apologies for the rouge text box. I don't know what it's doing there...

Apparently, Warren Jeffs stripped Lyle Jeffs of his leadership position and priesthood authority inside the FLDS and has appointed Nephi Jeffs (another brother) as the bishop. The article says that Lyle may have escaped in order to go on a "repentance mission" ordered by Warren. 

http://fox13now.com/2016/08/08/warren-jeffs-sent-fugitive-brother-on-repentance-mission-orders-flds-members-re-baptized-feds-claim/

Strangely, members are also having to be re-baptized. So, not sure what the heck is going on, but it seems like a shake up in the community.

Has anyone heard of Nephi Jeffs?

16 minutes ago, Kittikatz said:

My apologies for the rouge text box. I don't know what it's doing there...

Apparently, Warren Jeffs stripped Lyle Jeffs of his leadership position and priesthood authority inside the FLDS and has appointed Nephi Jeffs (another brother) as the bishop. The article says that Lyle may have escaped in order to go on a "repentance mission" ordered by Warren. 

http://fox13now.com/2016/08/08/warren-jeffs-sent-fugitive-brother-on-repentance-mission-orders-flds-members-re-baptized-feds-claim/

Strangely, members are also having to be re-baptized. So, not sure what the heck is going on, but it seems like a shake up in the community.

Has anyone heard of Nephi Jeffs?

Nephi is the brother who was visiting Warren in prison when Warren had his breakdown/moment of lucidity and declared, "I am not the prophet." Nephi refused to believe Warren's confession, which was later retracted, but not before Warren attempted suicide.

I learned the info about Nephi from some books, but I found a source online for the incidents:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/695225363/Unsealed-court-documents-say-Jeffs-tried-to-kill-himself.html?pg=all

He also has a wiki page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephi_Jeffs

Came across this from mid July:   July 12,   Fox 13, Salt Lake City

SALT LAKE CITY -- Fugitive polygamist leader Lyle Jeffs has filed a motion to dismiss the federal grand jury indictment leveled against him, arguing a religious right to consecrate food stamps to the Fundamentalist LDS Church.

In a motion filed Tuesday and obtained by FOX 13, the polygamist leader's defense attorney asked a judge to dismiss the indictment on food stamp fraud and money laundering charges.  Jeffs is among 11 people accused of ordering FLDS members to turn over food stamp benefits to church leaders to do with as they wished. State officials have said Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits are intended only for use by those they're given to. Federal prosecutors allege the scheme exceeds $12 million in taxpayer dollars.

Guess this approach didn't work. 

Consecrate food stamps??? OMG you can't make this shit up, seriously LMFAO :56247958035f1_32(18):

I can't see how the FLDS majority still believes all this bullshit. I mean, come on. SOMEONE must have access to the interwebs. SOMEONE. I'm surprised we don't see more young people escaping...

Archived