IGNORED

Bates Family Part 10

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, hollywood said:

Speaking of maxi skirts in the thread recap, I wore one today for the first time. It was surprisingly comfortable and light. I would wear again.

I always love fundie website names.

I loved maxi skirts and dresses before fundies and will continue to wear them, especially my denim ones. I have very short hair and often wear tank tops by themselves, so no mistaking me for fundy. My garments also fit me.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you guys are being a little dramatic about Judson and the training wheels. I was the youngest of all my siblings and they would pressure me constantly. I think Gil handled it well and his older brother seemed excited and wanted to teach his younger brother something. His brother meant well and genuinely seemed eager to teach him. Gil put it back on. End of the story, nothing traumatizing like forcing a teenager to donate blood while they're crying.

My crazy sisters used to make me jump off trees and climb on rooftops. Siblings are the worst period 

33 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Did anybody respond to her "oh, no we're not associated with him!"? Maybe show pictures and blogs of them honoring him at their wedding?

Someone did ask.   However.... Maybe they've changed their minds since then.  Maybe they didn't make the decision to honor him at the wedding.  Maybe they have gotten information about him that was kept from them back then.  I think it would be super mean to throw that in her face, given that making that public statement was probably a huge thing for her.   JM2C

So, sorry I cannot link because I'm posting from work puter that blocks IG, but lawson posted 10 minutes ago on Erin's IG page and shit the bed.  

"IBLP & ATI are no longer affililated with Mr Gothard.  ALL  of us make our own decisions & follow Jesus Christ.  People will always let you down.  Christ never will.  My dad joined the board only around 2  years ago & was as unaware of accusations as anyone.  Have a blessed day!"

I wish he would shut up and just stick to being easy on the (my?) eyes.  Gah.  

I wonder if Erin asked Lawson to post that, otherwise, how would he even know about the conversation?

Maybe he stalks freejinger >.>

1 hour ago, QuiverDance said:

Yeah.  She was straight up defrauding, that Ashley.  First, flirting with ice skaters, now getting leg-touched by trick riders.  The Bates Boys are downright risque!

Is this Nathan's Ashley?

1 hour ago, QuiverDance said:

Someone did ask.   However.... Maybe they've changed their minds since then.  Maybe they didn't make the decision to honor him at the wedding.  Maybe they have gotten information about him that was kept from them back then.  I think it would be super mean to throw that in her face, given that making that public statement was probably a huge thing for her.   JM2C

So, sorry I cannot link because I'm posting from work puter that blocks IG, but lawson posted 10 minutes ago on Erin's IG page and shit the bed.  

"IBLP & ATI are no longer affililated with Mr Gothard.  ALL  of us make our own decisions & follow Jesus Christ.  People will always let you down.  Christ never will.  My dad joined the board only around 2  years ago & was as unaware of accusations as anyone.  Have a blessed day!"

Yes Lawson, Gil might not have known when he joined the board, but he condoned the bogus "internal investigation" by Gothard's hand-picked lawyer once the charges came to light. Sorry bud, but your family still supports IBLP and ATI. See you in Big Sandy! 

As for Cherin, I was dubious with her first post, but the second one was crystal clear and a HUGE gamechanger given that both of their fathers remain on the board of directors. 

42 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Is this Nathan's Ashley?

No.  This is trick riding Ashley from that show they went to see along with some guy named Shadow.  Speaking of Ashley, it's been quiet lately.  No pictures, nothing.  Thought by now they would have confirmed it.  The Batesfam blog, which is not Lillie and Ellie, but who claim to be in touch with the family say that it has been confirmed that one of the boys (not Lawson) was in a courtship and that we would hear about it soon.  That was back in October or November.  I'm beginning to think that maybe things soured between Nathan and Ashley or they would have announced by now.

Awhile back, a picture of the Bates family at a hotel watching tv. The guy sitting next to Carlin, I think, is Caleb Bates. So, relative I guess.

I hope somebody rips Lawson, Erin, and Chad a new one. All of them are straight up LYING!

1 hour ago, Jessalyn said:

I wonder if Erin asked Lawson to post that, otherwise, how would he even know about the conversation?

Maybe he stalks freejinger >.>

Someone please elaborate 

I'm not convinced that Lawson's comment means anything regarding Chad and Erin. As others have noted, Lawson is not the sharpest/brightest crayon in the box. He has good looks and a mouth that opens (unfortunately), and that is about it. Not saying Cherin aren't lying, but they do seem to have more going on upstairs, and it's not out of the realm of possibility that that 'more upstairs' eludes their brother entirely.

I am surprised no one has mentioned Cherin's miscarriages as a catalyst for questioning Gothard teaching. After all his views on miscarriage I am sure left them uneasy. It is easier to deal abstractly with ideas, but when the abstract becomes personal things change. Similar to how anti guy politicians will change their tune when someone close to them announces they are gay.

I'd like it if someone directly asked them about the cake too...but as a piece of evidence suggesting they are still hardcore...nah, her pregnancy is much more damning. It was 2 years ago. Erin doesn't strike me as bridezilla enough to have struck down the idea. 

Now that Lawson is involved I do think they are being coached to say these things. Erin and Chad said it in a much more ambiguous way and we could debate it. Lawson's comment sounds unpolished and defensive and heavily implies a pr machine. 

Discussion about what Erin meant is happening wherever fanatics are fascinated with fundies, including here on FreeJinger, across various tumblr blogs, on Instagram, Pickles FB, etc.  

So what did Erin say?   I feel like I need to go over it because I made a confusing comment earlier about where & in what context Erin was posting.  

It happened on the chad_erinpaine Instagram account.  Erin responded to this comment:  “You have a beautiful family.  If you or your husband ever want out of the ATI lifestyle, there are many of us willing to lend you a hand."  

Erin:   "We are not affiliated with the ministry or Mr. Gothard at all, nor do we support. Thank you for your concern. May God richly bless you."    

Then a follow-up to a question about whether this applies to the whole family:  “I am speaking only for Chad and I.  Each family makes their own decisions. But for us, we do not support or encourage"        And may I say here, Erin, that it is CHAD AND ME?  CHAD and ME!   You wouldn't say “I am speaking only for "I” now would you?   This makes be ragey.   SOTDRT.

Then good ol' boy Lawson weighs in and says basically the same thing, since his sister needs more male support than her headship can provide.  

I am surprised that Erin responded to follower comments, especially to that one.  She did not sound particularly defensive but she clearly felt the need to say something.     It’s not the first time adult children in the Bates & Duggar families have been questioned about their continued allegiance to “the cult

I'm curious about how Lawson would even know about this without Erin saying something. I doubt he has a bunch of fundie friends that look through her IG comments. Unless like someone mentiones, they read places like here.

The mindset in this place is almost as bad as that of a true fundie - only one way (your way) is the right away.

Not a fan of either extreme.

5 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

This is fascinating. 

My take away is, as many have theorized, that they are specifically distancing themselves from GotHard... for the most part the Bates family is still a part of the IBPL and/or Quiverful movemnt. As for ChErin, I'm speechless and confused. I think time will tell

Thank whatever sky friends you believe in that Lawson has an Instagram. Over the last day and a half it's been the gift that keeps on giving. My prayer to the Flying Spaghetti Monster is that he will continue to post and that is headship doesn't stop him anytime soon

I think when posters claim the Bates are better or worse than the Duggars,  that's always going to boil down to a matter of opinion. All things considered the two major families have more similarities than differences.

33 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

The mindset in this place is almost as bad as that of a true fundie - only one way (your way) is the right away.

I wish I could like this 100 times.

Lawson's "have a blessed day!" read like such a passive aggressive "fuck you." It's kind of entertaining to imagine him actually saying, "fuck you" on Instagram or Twitter. 

I agree @Charliemae, I hope Lawson continues to amuse us.

37 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

Yup, it's a challenge to deal with people who just want to be right and refuse to see that most complex people driven issues come complete with a heck of a lot of grey zone. 

3 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

As a reader, I love the contrast of opinions on this site. As a contributor or an active part of the discussion it can get pretty old. I'm sure I'm guilty of the one sided thinking. 

What keeps me coming back to Free Jinger is the human ability to look at the same set of facts, and draw completely different conclusions. Similarly, where I draw the line is it people looking at facts and drawing completely irrational conclusions. So I guess what I'm saying is, I love the difference of opinion as long as it's based in reality.

Erin & Chad, and Lawson can claim they no longer support the IBLP ministry, however they still are following those strict patriarchal, Quiverfull, and below knee skirts only guidelines. They can talk the talk, but can they walk the walk? It's possible they are just publicly choosing to state they do not support the IBLP ministry because of the bad press about the lawsuit scandal against the organization right now. Remember, these people are on a reality TV show and witnessed the Duggars rise and fall from scandals and I bet they go to bed at night praying to the Lord that they keep their show and are free from scandals. I am more likely to believe that Alyssa does not support IBLP because Alyssa wears pants, hasn't had a baby in awhile, and has made statements saying she did not want a super-huge family. Remember, Erin can claim this but she JUST got pregnant within seconds after the last baby, which was a tough pregnancy. She clearly still believes in no birth control, Quiverfull ideology.  To me, personally, IBLP is no different than conservative Christians who "claim" they are not a part of IBLP yet are Quiverfull, have baby after baby, KJV only, wear skirts, and follow patriarchy.

Ok first go posting an Instagram link and am sure I effed it up. But Alyssa sure doesn't look pregnant now. I guess I was wrong. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived