IGNORED

Bates Family Part 10

Coconut Flan

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Kira said:

Where do you see Erin communicating with the ""freejinger" IG?

She did not communicate with freejinger IG.  Freejinger reposted Erin's comments to others that were made on Erin's own IG account.  Both of the comments are screencapped above in this thread, so I won't bother trying to do that myself. :D  

1. I'm naturally skeptical of all these people. If Chad and Erin really are distancing themselves then that's wonderful. It's entirely possible that they have been considering things and have distanced themselves for any number of reasons. I'm sorry, but I'm just not going to take their word though.

2. The Paines had no obligation to respond or address the comments  that were made - I give them a bit of credit for being willing to though, even if it was only for publicity reasons. And even though it took place on their personal account, I do think it was a very classy response from the FJ Instagram account person - I'm glad it seems to have been a respectful and polite exchange.

3. Still hoping for a healthy and happy outcome for Erin's pregnancy.

Wow. This is huge. Much more decisive than I would have expected, esp. given the wedding cake (although many people get the wedding their parents choose for them, rather than the one they want, so ??? how representative that cake was of Erin or Chad's opinions).

Regardless, I think it's great that she and Chad feel able to decide on and communicate their own beliefs. And I do like how Erin takes the time to thoughtfully answer people's questions or comments rather than just ignoring or deleting anything remotely difficult or unpleasant like some of the instafundies tend to do.

59 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Who had the birthday cake for Gothard at their wedding?  Wasnt that them?

I'm pretty sure it was the groom's cake, and it said "Happy Birthday Mr. Gothard" on it (very not ambiguous).  Looked like chocolate.

Am also impressed with Erin and Chad's openness and hope it's the real thing.  Something must have happened to cause the shift.

20 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

She did not communicate with freejinger IG.  Freejinger reposted Erin's comments to others that were made on Erin's own IG account.  Both of the comments are screencapped above in this thread, so I won't bother trying to do that myself. :D  

The bolded made me think Erin communicated with the "freejinger" IG:

39 minutes ago, notfundy said:

This is a big deal... such an interesting discussion on the (unaffiliated) FreeJinger Instagram. And the owner of that account, asking her followers very nicely please don't press Erin further. Very classy, seriously.

I would guess the fundie community, especially those active on social media, are aware of Free Jinger. As in us, here and maybe Erin thinks that's who she is communicating with on that Insta. It's almost like she s made a public announcement of their disaffection with Gothard and the whole sordid mess. Wow.

I give them a helluva lot of credit.

I guess I misread the comment?

As I posted before: The Bates are religious fundis but they are able to think for them selfes, unlike the Duggars and the kids are allowed to have their own opinions, unlike the Duggars.

Where do you see Erin communicating with the ""freejinger" IG?

This is a big deal... such an interesting discussion on the (unaffiliated) FreeJinger Instagram. And the owner of that account, asking her followers very nicely please don't press Erin further. Very classy, seriously.

I would guess the fundie community, especially those active on social media, are aware of Free Jinger. As in us, here and maybe Erin thinks that's who she is communicating with on that Insta. It's almost like she s made a public announcement of their disaffection with Gothard and the whole sordid mess. Wow.

I give them a helluva lot of credit.

Oh gosh. I stand corrected, the discussion was shared there not conducted there...Thanks Kira I deleted my post...

6 minutes ago, Kira said:

No, you didn't.  I think it was just confusing.  Freejinger screen shot (and redacted IG user names) of comments made on Erin's IG account, and there is a discussion of THAT on FreejingerIG.  Erin is not part of that discussion, but I can see where reading the bolded would have made you think so.  @notfundy hope you didn't think I was ripping on you.  It was confusing to me at first, too, so I was just trying to explain. 

2 minutes ago, vienna said:

As I posted before: The Bates are religious fundis but they are able to think for them selfes, unlike the Duggars and the kids are allowed to have their own opinions, unlike the Duggars.

The Bateses dont seem to have a "brand" in the same sense that the Duggars do. That allows the kids to live lives as they choose.

No, you didn't.  I think it was just confusing.  Freejinger screen shot (and redacted IG user names) of comments made on Erin's IG account, and there is a discussion of THAT on FreejingerIG.  Erin is not part of that discussion, but I can see where reading the bolded would have made you think so.  @notfundy hope you didn't think I was ripping on you.  It was confusing to me at first, too, so I was just trying to explain. 

Oh, Not at all... Thanks.

I was so happy you explained it. My mind is blown so I was moving too fast...

Sorry to derail from the Cherin convo (which is blowing my mind), but didn't see this in the last thread and wanted to point folks to the recap of last nights episode. It was written by Lilly and Ellie so take it with a HUGE grain of salt. Copied below:

Bringing Up Bates "Training Wheels and Trick Saddles"

Gil and Kelly surprise Judson with a bike for his fifth birthday. Warden convinces his younger brother to try riding without training wheels, but Judson doesn't like that idea. “I want my training wheels back on,” says the birthday boy.  

Erin and Chad, along with Carson and Tori, head to Beech Creek Studios in Nashville to record Erin’s Christmas CD with professional fiddle player Andy Leftwich. (The Paines had been saving money to record a Celtic CD before Carson’s birth, their plans changed when Carson came early.)

“Music is probably one of the biggest things in my life,” says Erin. “I enjoy it because I feel like it encourages other people.”

Kelly, Callie, and Lawson stop by to visit Erin the studio. “When I hear Erin play, I feel like it was a talent that the Lord gave her,” shares Kelly. “And I feel like she uses it to try to encourage other people, and that really is what drives her.”

“Erin is an amazing girl,” says Chad. “Just the fact that after she’s had Carson she goes out and records a CD. I was so proud of Erin.”

If you watched the season two finale of Bringing up Bates, you may remember that one of the trick riders from the Dixie Stampede promised to pay a visit to the house to teach the boys a few skills. Well that day has finally arrived.

Trick riders Ashley Cutshaw and Shadow Montag arrive at the ranch--the Bates’ 135-acre piece of property where they keep their horses.

After learning a few tricks, the boys take Ashley and Shadow on a ride through their town of Rocky Top, Tennessee. “The Bates are very bold,” says Shadow. “I mean, they literally run that town when they get out there full-force.”

“I don’t think I’ve ever run through the middle of a town before on a horse, like with traffic,” adds Ashley. 

And now back to our previously scheduled discussion on Cherin. 

:mindblowing:    <--- how i feel about trying to keep up with the bates thread the last few days. So much going on!!! 

2 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

I watched it.  Trace literally had his face in a horse's butt.  

And the female trick rider had her hands on Lawson's leg positioning him correctly on the horse.  He didn't seem to mind.

Just now, justmy2cents said:

And the female trick rider had her hands on Lawson's leg positioning him correctly on the horse.  He didn't seem to mind.

Yeah.  She was straight up defrauding, that Ashley.  First, flirting with ice skaters, now getting leg-touched by trick riders.  The Bates Boys are downright risque!

Judson really didn't want the training wheels removed but was basically humiliated (big boys don't use training wheels) into trying it.  He didn't like it, was clearly scared and upset, and said he wanted them back on.  Gil finally said it was his birthday so he could have the training wheels back.  He then made the still upset Judson thank Warden for "encouraging" him, and when Judson didn't do so with a smile on his face Gil rebuked him and told him to thank Warden again.  Judson put on a smile.  I found this pretty appalling.

8 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Judson really didn't want the training wheels removed but was basically humiliated (big boys don't use training wheels) into trying it.  He didn't like it, was clearly scared and upset, and said he wanted them back on.  Gil finally said it was his birthday so he could have the training wheels back.  He then made the still upset Judson thank Warden for "encouraging" him, and when Judson didn't do so with a smile on his face Gil rebuked him and told him to thank Warden again.  Judson put on a smile.  I found this pretty appalling.

Got to agree. I was glad that Gil let him put the wheels back on but it reminded me of JB forcing Jenny to ride the horse when she was frightened. These guys may think that they are doing a favor making their kids "face their fears" but if they would just let the children alone, chances are that Jenny and Judson would have ended up on the horse/bike on their own without the fear and the tears. Both scenarios really upset me.

46 minutes ago, vienna said:

Sorry, I have to disagree with you again here. This is just totally and completely untrue. Jill Duggar did not marry someone involved in IBLP. Jessa Duggar did not marry someone involved in IBLP (in fact Jessa seems to have flipped almost completely from her parents' beliefs to Ben's intense Calvinism). Josh Duggar clearly thought for himself when he did everything he did, even if it wasn't in a positive way. Do you think, if Erin and Chad actually renounced Gothard and his cult, that Gil and Kelly stood placidly by, nodding their heads, smiling and saying, "We're just happy you're thinking for yourselves"? These are the people who've made it clear that their adult married children must comply with their dress code when they come home to visit, for God's sake.

7 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I did too. The whole "you don't look thankful" thing made me cringe. 

Regarding Cherin, I'm sure the birthday cake at the wedding was Gil/Kelly's idea. I mean it was the first Bates wedding and the marriage was between 2 major ATI families...it probably would have been weird (to them) to not include Gothard in some form. I'm sure the requirement for Crown students to attend the campus church and not their home church exposed Erin to new ideas, even if they are still fundie. Maybe learning that you could still lead a "godly" lifestyle without being eyeballs deep in IBLP crap was enough of an incentive for them to start pulling away. Cherin do still attend the Crown church right? 

What I find funny is that Erin says that SHE is speaking for chad and her.

Usually Chad would need to go on there and say that HE is speaking for them.

This is our first public denouncement of ATI/IBLP isn't it?  It may not be much and I'm shocked it is from Cherin but there is hope for the second generation.  That's all I hope for it.

Did anybody respond to her "oh, no we're not associated with him!"? Maybe show pictures and blogs of them honoring him at their wedding?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived