IGNORED

Bates Family Part 10

Coconut Flan

STILL talking about maxi skirts, two babies in the works, and no Michaela pregnancy announcement yet. 

Continued from Part: 9:

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Did the Pecan Thief copy R-Stadd's "robertloveskendalyn.com" to create "davidlovespriscilla.com" or was it the other way around?

I think naming blogs and websites like that is pretty par for the course in FundieLand. Either "The So-n-So's" or "HeLovesHer." Remember, in this day of technology, they don't have to write this stuff all over their notebooks anymore. Now they can just go straight to the internet to profess their teenage love!

I've tried to search here with no luck.. Did anyone see where Erin_ChadBates (i think that's their Insta name) stated they're not affiliated with ATI or Gothard in "any way"? It was in response to a fan on their Insta who commented that if their little, lovely family ever wanted to leave the "lifestyle" there would be plenty of people who'd lend them a hand. I was shocked that Erin or Chad would even respond but they were extremely gracious in saying "thanks but no thanks.". It's on Pickles page, too. Just very odd.

Are we talking about this ... Do we care?

It's also on the FreeJinger Instagram ... which I know isn't "us" (right?) but I follow it any way.

Speaking of maxi skirts in the thread recap, I wore one today for the first time. It was surprisingly comfortable and light. I would wear again.

I always love fundie website names.

Check out the FreeJinger Insta... Further conversation by Erin/Chad basically disassociating their individual family from Gothard, etc. Really interesting.

6 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I'm surprised she answered that second question.  Sounds like they really don't want to associate with them.  Wish that they rethought their stance on birth control now.  Baby steps.....

I sincerely hope that she's telling the full unvarnished truth and not just the 'technical' truth, in this case.

That second screenshot is way more specific and less vague and ambiguous than the first one. I'd be really interested to know what happened since their wedding to cause that change, but I agree on not pushing them too hard, since we don't want to shove them back! 

It also is separating them somewhat from both their parents though, at least publicly, so very intriguing.

By all appearances they're close to both their families.  Chad's brother, Thomas I think, became disillusioned with IBLP when he worked there and left.  Maybe he influenced them.  

True or not, it doesn't exactly mean they are free thinkers.  I am astounded she even commented at all.  Hope this means she isn't planning to blanket train/homeschool/isolate her kids.  

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Who had the birthday cake for Gothard at their wedding?  Wasnt that them?

It was them. So either their parents made them do it, or they've really reversed course within the past couple years.

6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Who had the birthday cake for Gothard at their wedding?  Wasnt that them?

Yup, that was Chad and Erin.

Just now, singsingsing said:

It was them. So either their parents made them do it, or they've really reversed course within the past couple years.

I'm wondering if the lawsuit allegations had anything to do with it

1 minute ago, QuiverDance said:

Can you imagine being them and READING THAT?  I might question my entire life.  

I know I would. I know they're raised to not question their parents, but if I found out my dad was on a board doing cover-up of stuff like that, I'd want answers. Lots of them.

And neither comes off as dumb.  Honestly, they have both been around this man enough to be able to draw their own conclusions about the veracity of the allegations made against him.  Maybe, for example, they were creeped out and didn't exactly know why.  

Wow this seems pretty big. While I'm very intrigued by what exactly is happening here, I'm gonna have to agree with everyone on the don't press further front. I just hope people on instagram feel that way too.  If they are truly distancing themselves from IBLP then it's probably a very sensitive subject given the involvement of both their families.

Where do you see Erin communicating with the ""freejinger" IG?

11 minutes ago, notfundy said:

This is a big deal... such an interesting discussion on the (unaffiliated) FreeJinger Instagram. And the owner of that account, asking her followers very nicely please don't press Erin further. Very classy, seriously.

I would guess the fundie community, especially those active on social media, are aware of Free Jinger. As in us, here and maybe Erin thinks that's who she is communicating with on that Insta. It's almost like she s made a public announcement of their disaffection with Gothard and the whole sordid mess. Wow.

I give them a helluva lot of credit.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived