IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion Part 17

Coconut Flan

Michelle is getting lots of mileage out of the one outfit.

Maybe a different shrug, pashmina, sweater, scarf, jacket ????? 

She so needs a fashion consultant.

Play the part-

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Michelle is getting lots of mileage out of the one outfit.

Maybe a different shrug, pashmina, sweater, scarf, jacket ????? 

She so needs a fashion consultant.

Play the part-

I'm starting to think the green shirt is some kind of fetish

4 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

OK. This exists, but I doubt it's long enough. http://www.rei.com/product/857198/skhoop-mini-down-skirt?cm_mmc=cse_PLA_GOOG-_-8571980028&CAWELAID=120217890000852032&lsft=cm_mmc:cse_PLA_GOOG

and a whole pinterest board dedicated to modest ski skirts. Huh. never knew this was a thing. Should've known.https://www.pinterest.com/JesusSavedRayet/modest-ski-wear/

man, you learn something new about fundies EVERY DAY

In regards to the baby carrying thing, maybe it's habit from years in front of the cameras? They're around so often so technically it's always an opportunity to show off the baby. Then seeing others do it slowly everyone started to emulate it. Could be nothing, just a theory.

8 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Yeah, Fundie logic is not very logical.  As you say, clothing styles vary drastically. Long before women wore knee-length skirts, men were wearing kilts and so forth.  And in some non-western communities both men and women wore pants of some sort.  

If they want to follow the Bible as it was written, the men should all wear robes and/or short tunics like the men in Jesus's time did, and the women should wear the robes and veils of that time.

If they want to follow the rule that men and women shouldn't wear each other's clothing, they should look at what is/isn't "men's clothing" or "women's clothing" today and make rules based on that.  This might be that women must not wear pants that have zippers on the front,  men's t-shirts and shirts or jackets that button like men's shirts.  And men have to have some sort of fly on all their pants and cannot wear skirts or shirts that button in the back.   This is aside from any modesty rules.

Instead, they are holding on to the now old-fashioned idea that women must wear skirts, preferably long skirts not only for modesty but to keep women from engaging too comfortably in physical activity best left to men.

You are right that "men's garb" under a skirt is still "wearing men's garb."  

And in any case the prohibition was not against a woman borrowing her husband's cloak or a infant son wearing his big sister's baby clothes.  It was against transvestism.

If they really want to be biblical, they would not wear anything with fabric blends.
I'm surprised the women don't wear culottes. When somebody figured out that having women ride side saddle interfered with the new need for women to do actual work on horses, culottes could allow a woman to ride "like a man" and still look like she was wearing a skirt when she got off the horse. I'd think the funds would be crazy for culottes and jumpsuits.

8 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

but it's ok if you cover it up

Those words say a lot.

It's not just about clothing, and modesty.  It's the "covering up" of everything in their dirty little den..... the kinda stuff the rest of us deal with on a daily basis, that might even be vanilla, that they might find sinful.

39 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Those words say a lot.

It's not just about clothing, and modesty.  It's the "covering up" of everything in their dirty little den..... the kinda stuff the rest of us deal with on a daily basis, that might even be vanilla, that they might find sinful.

That occurred to me as i typed it. They are experts at covering things up

8 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

man, you learn something new about fundies EVERY DAY

I just did a Google image search of "modest ski wear". I can't believe we haven't heard more stories of freak accidents on the slopes from these atrocious outfits. 

1 hour ago, NeverQuivered said:

I just did a Google image search of "modest ski wear". I can't believe we haven't heard more stories of freak accidents on the slopes from these atrocious outfits. 

How do they go up a poma ski lift with a skirt on over their salopettes? Are godly women allowed to go up a poma lift?  I would think it is very hard, poma lifts were really hard for me to get to grips with the first few times I went skiing when I was learning (ok, I was 8 at the time but still).

There must have been quite a few freak accidents that people just haven't heard about!

poma.jpg

I'd figure that skiing, like so many other things, is something most adult fundie women would only do a couple of times max before they quit due to pregnancy or "having to look after the kids" or deem it "kids stuff."  Those Pinterest skirts can't be fun or safe or comfortable to ski in.  And, really, fundie women are meant to be in the kitchen incubating babies, caring for kids and making sandwiches for their men after age 20 or so. No time for actual hobbies or fun.

I now have modesty ski skirts being advertised on the side bar. As if 8 months pregnant me is going to squeeze into one of those and go skiing any time soon.

On 2/24/2016 at 3:31 PM, ksgranola1 said:

I really think Izzy's too heavy to carry like that.

Agreed. When my kids got to be around ten months, we used a backpack carrier. The kids loved it, and so did we

I don't know if this has been covered elsewhere but Ted Cruz will be in Springdale today at the Cross Church.  It will be interesting to see if any Duggars are in the audience. Seems to me they have stayed pretty low regarding politics for the past six months or so.

41 minutes ago, Becket70 said:

I don't know if this has been covered elsewhere but Ted Cruz will be in Springdale today at the Cross Church.  It will be interesting to see if any Duggars are in the audience. Seems to me they have stayed pretty low regarding politics for the past six months or so.

I want them to announce support for Trump, since any candidate they support loses.

8 hours ago, Hera said:

I'd figure that skiing, like so many other things, is something most adult fundie women would only do a couple of times max before they quit due to pregnancy or "having to look after the kids" or deem it "kids stuff."  Those Pinterest skirts can't be fun or safe or comfortable to ski in.  And, really, fundie women are meant to be in the kitchen incubating babies, caring for kids and making sandwiches for their men after age 20 or so. No time for actual hobbies or fun.

Yep, in fact in 2011(?) there was an episode w/ the Duggars skiing in Colorado. Anna was pregnant and didn't ski, Grandma didn't ski, Michelle stayed home w/ Josie.

I think there was another later skiing episode w/ Josh & Anna and their kids and maybe a sibling or 2 - but can't remember details. Anna skied that time (and didn't like it.)

I didn't think about it @ the time - but the skiing females wore ski pants in both episodes, Nike! (Not.)

1 hour ago, Hera said:

Can they announce support for both Trump and Cruz, then?

(I'd bet they're Cruz people, though.)

Yep, I'd agree on Cruz.

I heard that Trump might lean toward a Huckabee for VP- can't remember where I heard the remark. THAT would be interesting in terms of the Duggars and who they might support.

I cannot imagine the Duggars getting behind Trump.

59 minutes ago, sndral said:

Yep, in fact in 2011(?) there was an episode w/ the Duggars skiing in Colorado. Anna was pregnant and didn't ski, Grandma didn't ski, Michelle stayed home w/ Josie.

I'm pretty sure Grandma Mary hurt herself the first day there, and the doctors there told her to stay off her knee as much as possible.

56 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

I'm pretty sure Grandma Mary hurt herself the first day there, and the doctors there told her to stay off her knee as much as possible.

You're probably right - my memories of the episode are quite vague, 5 years was awhile ago. Did Grandma wear ski pants, or did they not show her trying to ski and just say she'd wrenched her knee?

Just now, sndral said:

You're probably right - my memories of the episode are quite vague, 5 years was awhile ago. Did Grandma wear ski pants, or did they not show her trying to ski and just say she'd wrenched her knee?

Just checked (I have a copy of the episode); she was skiing while one of the instructors was helping her and she fell down and hurt her knee.

Double defrauded here. I guess I am thick in the skull but what is the difference in ski pants and pants? I can't seem to grasp that. At all.

29 minutes ago, Valerie3kids said:

Double defrauded here. I guess I am thick in the skull but what is the difference in ski pants and pants? 

The word ski. :pb_lol:

Next question:  What's the difference between Michelle and Jim Bob dating and their kids having courtships?

56d39bbff265a_02.jpg.45567fecc9a798e0695

Ski pants are waterproof and insulated. Unless you're asking in terms of fundie rules. Then nothing. I have to say those girls look good in pants. It's a shame they don't wear them more. Ski pants are all thick and add 20 pounds to your thighs. Not all women can rock them.  Maybe they could just call all pants ski pants and claim they are about to go skiing? 

• choralcrusader8613 locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived