IGNORED

LOL Duggars Part 2

Coconut Flan

On 12/2/2016 at 10:49 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

Duggar-in-laws, a summary:

tumblr_inline_og4tjvMdFV1t6cq3f_500.jpg

I AM CACKLING. This is right on the nose. 

On 12/15/2016 at 7:10 PM, calimojo said:

I think the jewelry box thing was the duggar's interpretation of "Turn the other cheek".  From the bible, if someone slaps you, rather than slap back you turn the other cheek and offer that one to slap.

I think the idea behind is to not let yourself be provoked.  Do not fall to the level of your tormentor.  Or as one of my favorite ladies is known to say 'When they go low, we go high". 

The problem isn't with that as a lesson, it is that as per usual, the JB and M half assed their parenting.  They didn't apply this lesson appropriately.  And the situation they chose to use it for was just an excuse for them to not have to haul their asses out of bed and actually parent their own children.

Has anyone seen the movie Ghandi?  In one scene, that left a huge impression on me, a long line of peaceful protesters has lined up to disobey an order.  They walk up to the British bosses one a time, knowing they will be struck hard about the head and face for their civil disobedience.  They get hit and then the next peaceful protester steps up.  The man who was just struck gets up and goes to the back of the line to risk being hit again.  Meanwhile journalists are recording the whole thing.  The images of these quiet, peaceful and courageous men, was powerful and a turning point in India's quest for independence.  This is the definition of turning the other cheek.  Of knowing you are doing the right thing, even in the face of your own discomfort or even danger. 

Not intervening as parents, when a child is misbehaving just to ornery, and then having the beleaguered victim of the brattiness give away a cherished item,  is not what that lesson is about.  But as I said,  JB and M are so fucking stupid or lazy or both, that they just didn't get it.    And Jana, who already had lots of lessons demonstrating she didn't count or matter other than as an extension of Michelle to help with the kids, got that twisted lesson at 3 am, after probably working non-stop to feed and care for her siblings.

Then again, now that we know what happened with Josh and some of his siblings,  Jessa may well have had good reason to be fidgety and fight off sleep when she was that age.  Who really knows what kind of subconscious fears of falling asleep those girls may have had.  And perhaps keeping Jana awake was part of how a young Jessa protected herself.

You bring up so many good points here, many I hadn't even thought of. Especially that last paragraph.

You know, on a very big level, I can see that JB and Michelle are really bad parents... but because of the image they and their kids work so hard to project, it's difficult for me to fully process sometimes just how traumatizing the J'kids childhoods had to have been/are in a lot of ways... and this is all just based on what little we know now about the incidents and dynamics of this family (which, really, isn't much - I can't help but suspect that the TLC episodes are oddly mundane and robotic for a very troubling reason; we're not supposed to see how insidiously grotesque this family is, the actual reality of that household... we're supposed to assume they're just boring friendly folk living boring happy Godly lives because "ministry").

And even if what we know now is the extent of the shittiness in that family... it's so sad to process, and makes me all the more angry at their parents.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And even though they surely have fears and trauma, even unknowingly, they probably just accept the fact that it's "normal" . And that's what is so sad- none of this is normal! they, as children/humans deserved better!

• 3 weeks later...

I met a woman that had her first at 61 and 2 women in their 50's having their either 2nd or 3rd. Fertility treatments in all 3 cases. 

I can't imagine having a baby at that age. Grand babies, yes. I wouldn't have the energy. In fact I may have to lie down just thinking about it.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:01 PM, Bad Wolf said:

I can't imagine having a baby at that age. Grand babies, yes. I wouldn't have the energy. In fact I may have to lie down just thinking about it.

And wouldn't that be a horrible thing to do to the kid(s)? Please excuse me if that seems like a rude question, but having a child at an "advanced" age doesn't seem like a wise idea. (And no, I have none of my own, so the very idea of having a baby at any age seems crazy to me.)

On 30/11/2016 at 5:25 PM, Bad Wolf said:

Were they saying that showering Jessa with love would make her less bratty? More likely to make her feel entitled. Honestly, I have no idea what they were thinking.

I think that was it? Like, if Jessa would only realise how much her sister loved her she'd stop being such a little sod. Sometimes that does work, if you're trying to win the trust of an abused child, maybe, but between bickering sisters I would have thought it would just create resentment.

3 minutes ago, BobTheWalrus said:

I think that was it? Like, if Jessa would only realise how much her sister loved her she'd stop being such a little sod. Sometimes that does work, if you're trying to win the trust of an abused child, maybe, but between bickering sisters I would have thought it would just create resentment.

This is it. They wanted Jessa to feel guilty for being mean to someone who was so nice to her that she would stop being mean. Jessa even said that it "wasn't as much fun" after that to tease and mock Jana.

• 4 months later...

@HarleyQuinn omg i can not stop laughing that colors of the wind parody.

well as a gratitude gift I'll offer you all a joke 

Spoiler

why does Jb considers himself lucky to have his name ? 

because it contains D 

Trust me, you won't understand it 

HarleyQuinn that was hilarious!!

Not sure if these have been posted before but they're two of my favorite Duggar memes! (I did not create these). d43aff0a6f520a15719605e06be2cccf.jpg85a0c8a8a6d9decca940a0583fc94f28.jpg

On 2016-11-30 at 11:12 PM, freedom_for_all said:

I think the idea was to make her feel guilty and therefore treat Jana better. I can kind of follow the logic but not really.

I wish there was a follow up to this story. Did Jessa ever give Jana something in return? How did they make up? Where is the box now?

20 hours ago, flyonthewall said:

I wish there was a follow up to this story. Did Jessa ever give Jana something in return? How did they make up? Where is the box now?

There has been no mention of Jana and Jessa ever talking it out, nor has there been any mention of Jessa giving Jana a present in return.

What most likely happened was that Jana learned that it wasn't a good idea to complain to her parents, so she swallowed hard and worked on her happy face.  I wouldn't be surprised if she has some long standing resentment over the incident, though she has been trained to push it down and recite a Bible verse or something.

Jessa probably did something that many bratty kids would do: she showed off her new acquisition for a while and smirked at Jana every time.  Eventually either she or another child destroyed it through rough handling and it was thrown away.  It probably never occurred to her to offer it back to Jana as a peacemaking gesture, I think she would have been too young to figure that out on her own.

So what lessons did the Duggar kids learn?

1.  Don't count on Mom and Dad to help when one of your siblings is bothering you and asking them to stop multiple times doesn't work.  You are the one who is going to be punished.  The parental units have no patience with sibling rivalry.

2.  Getting another child to complain to Mom and Dad results in opportunities to mess with your sibling in new ways.  Just don't do it it front of Mom and Dad and you're fine.

3.  Don't let on that you really like something, another kid will find a way to deprive you of it, and you'll be told to smile nicely while it's happening.

It's a charming little family dynamic, but it's not exclusive to the Duggars.

Wow, I actually did not know about several of these rules:

1. No Social Media Until You're Engaged
2. No Hanging With (or Helping) Unwed Mothers
3. Have Sex Whenever Your Man Wants
4. No Divorce
5. Pennies for Chores
6. No Beach
7. No Dancing
8. No Pants
9. No Hand-Holding
10. No Co-Ed Hide-and-Seek
11. No Co-Ed Babysitting
12. No TV
13. The Community Gets Invited to the Wedding
14. No Chest-to-Chest
15. No Texting the Opposite Sex Unless Mom & Dad See

http://thestir.cafemom.com/celebrities/205288/duggar_family_rules_bans?utm_content=beingamom_fanpage

On July 27, 2017 at 8:59 PM, Voluminous Skirts said:

6. No Beach

But JBoob and OfBoob went to Hawaii for their anniversary...who goes to Hawaii and doesn't go to the beach? 

On 7/27/2017 at 8:59 PM, Voluminous Skirts said:

Wow, I actually did not know about several of these rules:

1. No Social Media Until You're Engaged
2. No Hanging With (or Helping) Unwed Mothers
3. Have Sex Whenever Your Man Wants
4. No Divorce
5. Pennies for Chores
6. No Beach
7. No Dancing
8. No Pants
9. No Hand-Holding
10. No Co-Ed Hide-and-Seek
11. No Co-Ed Babysitting
12. No TV
13. The Community Gets Invited to the Wedding
14. No Chest-to-Chest
15. No Texting the Opposite Sex Unless Mom & Dad See

http://thestir.cafemom.com/celebrities/205288/duggar_family_rules_bans?utm_content=beingamom_fanpage

Jessa definitely had social media before she was engaged, and I think Jill did as well. They've definitely been around/probably helped unwed mothers. They've been to the beach many times. Jill, Jessa and Jinger have all been spotted wearing pants or shorts are various times. Jinger obviously wears pants regularly now, and was photographed wearing track pants long before she was married. They all hold hands after engagement - not sure if any held hands while courting. As far as I know they all own TVs, and even at the TTH they watch certain things on TV. I think Jessa and Ben were allowed to have private text convos after a certain point, not sure about the others.

7 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

But JBoob and OfBoob went to Hawaii for their anniversary...who goes to Hawaii and doesn't go to the beach? 

I went to Hawaii (twice), and spent very little time at the beach.  There's so many things to do/see, and I'm not really a beach kind of person.  Well, I did go to the North Shore to see the surfers though.

38 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

I went to Hawaii (twice), and spent very little time at the beach.  There's so many things to do/see, and I'm not really a beach kind of person.  Well, I did go to the North Shore to see the surfers though.

I've been to Hawaii and did tons of sight seeing and such. It just seems weird for the Duggars because they act like if Boob sees someone in a bikini he'll drop his pants and have sex with her. 

Sorry, I'll go get some brain bleach.

And just no beach at all when Hawaii's beaches are gorgeous would be sad.

Archived