IGNORED

Gallery of Narcissist Fundies

Gimme a Free RV

8 minutes ago, Crocoduck said:

Thanks to this, I have now learned about neckbeard culture. I'm sure that knowledge has replaced truly useful knowledge in my brain.

It's an entirely different rabbit hole that will make you mad in entirely different ways. Truly spectacular! 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another Raquel picture just because she put it with her latest "poem". Raquel is in a mad love affair with herself.

Raquel.jpg

On 2/18/2016 at 10:12 AM, Gimme a Free RV said:

Fundy Trigger Warning:  Exposed necks!

Publication1.thumb.jpg.43bc4984b9e5bfc35

Joyce Meyer vs. Erika Shupe wispy bangs.  Who wore it best?  

Oh my goodness, that Joyce Meyer pic is Jill Rodrigues level nightmare fuel.  It's like she's going to feast greedily upon your essence.

1 minute ago, salex said:

Joyce Meyer has the whole "Jack NIcholson as the Joker" vibe going on here search?q=Jack+Nicholson+as+the+Joker+Hot

Yeah she does!  I have fundy-lite people in my world who just love her and this has caused me to become very skilled at quickly changing the subject.

Years ago I was flipping through the channels and saw one of her ...sermons?  Speeches?  Whatever they call them...anyway I stopped to watch out of curiosity because I had people I love just fawning over her.  I watched for about 15 minutes and my take away is that the more you talk about God the more he loves you, and when he really loves you he has people send you money and that's totally great.

There may be more to the message but that's what I got out of it.

And to be totally petty...blue eyeshadow?  Really?  Jack's is more subtle.

I never liked Joyce Meyer or any of the traveling super-TV evangelists.  (Billy Graham would be the one exception.)  I feel like Joyce gets up there  to be seen and to hear herself talk.  And, of course, for the $$$$$.

I am rarely speechless but this did it for a minute...

I know fundies and their ilk are afraid of questioning, and really work hard to keep their kids from developing critical thinking skills...but I've never seen one come right out and say it before.  

WTF?

meyer.png.183f09e730b63e1adf54a2e1fb21d1

Oh, and....

0YvjmE7B.jpeg.6fd8b71e3426683c8c1d25cbee

How the hell would she know?  I really don't think he's talking to her about me.

So I have a question...this whole "God told me" thing - everyone from her to Steve Maxwell to almost everyone we discuss here seems to have a direct line to him.  Like he sends them emails or something.  Do they actually hear what they think is God?  Like just taking a shower or brushing their teeth and a deep voice out of nowhere starts telling them that Pepsi is an idol and ignorance is the key to happiness or whatnot?  Or is it just their certainty about their own convictions is interpreted as a message from God.

Because I think I'm pretty right about things but I don't assume God is co-signing any of it...I just figure I either am right or kind of arrogant in that moment.  

So not snarking - are they hearing voices or just mistaking their own hubris for supernatural declarations of fact?

15 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I know fundies and their ilk are afraid of questioning, and really work hard to keep their kids from developing critical thinking skills...but I've never seen one come right out and say it before.  

WTF?

Because there's no difference between way overthinking and actually trying to make sense of the Bible. There are so many different "genres" within the Bible that it's very easy to see how someone would get confused. I'm pretty set in my religious ways, and even I've had moments where I've read something, looked up and stared at the wall and went WTF.

18 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

So I have a question...this whole "God told me" thing - everyone from her to Steve Maxwell to almost everyone we discuss here seems to have a direct line to him.  Like he sends them emails or something.  Do they actually hear what they think is God?  Like just taking a shower or brushing their teeth and a deep voice out of nowhere starts telling them that Pepsi is an idol and ignorance is the key to happiness or whatnot?  Or is it just their certainty about their own convictions is interpreted as a message from God.

Because I think I'm pretty right about things but I don't assume God is co-signing any of it...I just figure I either am right or kind of arrogant in that moment.  

So not snarking - are they hearing voices or just mistaking their own hubris for supernatural declarations of fact?

I've had moments where I have honestly felt God speak to me, but they have been few and far between. Honestly, I'm fairly inclined to believe that when fundies say, "God told me to do XYZ," they're talking out of their butts. Most of the time in the Bible, when God tells someone to do something, the person doesn't want to do it because they feel unqualified or it's uncomfortable or it involves being nice and loving to people they hate. If they've found a pipeline to get God to tell them exactly what they want to hear, that's a bullshit God to me.

So, she is using the old Bud ads as theology?

Instead of "Why ask why, try Bud dry"  (or, as we used to paraphrase, "Why ask why, just get high", or "Don't think, just drink"

So, trust and obey because thinking is hard....

and asking questions could lead to answers you might not like.

So just trust and obey and send cash.

This reminds me of a question I heard posed recently. The question was what is the difference between faith and gullibility? Of course the question can be interpreted many ways depending on the individual.

Steve Furtick of Elevation Church. This is the video he made when people dared to question him. 

9276-Furtick-Steven_edited.jpg

megachurch30n-3-web.jpg

I can't say for other believers/people who say that God speaks to them but for me, I consider it a message from God when:

• a non-evil thought fixes itself in my brain that didn't come from me--or that I wouldn't have come up with
  • that thought aligns itself with what I know to be true about God from the Bible
  • that thought goes directly against whatever knee-jerk reaction I would choose to do and I know I should follow the thought

For example (and this happens all the time) I get really mad at someone and want to completely shut them out of my life.  That thought nags at me, that I need to forgive the person and make restitution, even if I don't feel like I'm to blame.

Also, I don't feel like God ever leads me think absurd things, like He wants me to be a millionaire, or that I need to wear green eyeliner to be holy, that I need to repent for wearing jeans, or that He's giving me the green light to punch someone in the face if they disagree with me.

In Christian lingo, I'd call this the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

I think God can be leading me in areas. Usually I think it's kind of like a question, like "So, you're still doing this? How did it turn out last time?" Or "How could you handle that better next time?" Lol. But if I ask him about other people he says "None of your business. Worry about yourself." 

But I think Joyce and I are talking to different gods. 

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Do they actually hear what they think is God?

Here is one of my favorite stories.  God at the garage sale -or- parable of the used bicycle:  We were holding a garage sale.  Friends of our fundie neighbors dropped by and noticed a child's bicycle for sale.  They indicated interest, but wanted to pray about it and ask God's guidance.  On the way to their car (less than 50 yards away), I saw them stop, look upward, look at each other, and come back quickly.  Yea, verily, God had answered them and apparently said it was fine with Him to buy used and save the difference.   (All right, God didn't care about that last part, but did okay the purchase.)

Years later, we are still wondering if we witnessed a minor miracle.   :auto-dirtbike:

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

joseph-prince-2.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Joseph Prince! Even my obnoxiously-rabid Christian-fundie neighbor thinks he's a charlatan. There was a time he was on the local Christian channels 24/7.

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

WTF?

Oh, and....

0YvjmE7B.jpeg.6fd8b71e3426683c8c1d25cbee

How the hell would she know?  I really don't think he's talking to her about me.

Hubris, more like. They're narcissistic enough to believe that an all-powerful deity who can impregnate virgins, create entire universes on a whim, and cause fire and brimstone and death to rain down from the heavens if he is displeased, actually gives a dead moose's last shit about their need for boyfriends and deep moral qualms about drinking soda.

I guess that would make me a narcissist, then.  Unless you're poking fun at the boyfriend and soda bit, only.

5 minutes ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

I guess that would make me a narcissist, then.  Unless you're poking fun at the boyfriend and soda bit, only.

Poking fun. I understand that plenty of people believe in a personal/interventionist God, but certain fundies seem to take it to a whole new level.

4 minutes ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

I don't think it's the same thing at all.  What you talked about upthread makes total sense to me.  For some it's the Holy Spirit, for others their conscience, other belief system, or internal dialogue.  Because I do believe in God I get the metaphorical 'speaking' to us through events, others, feelings...for me personally.

i think where the narcissism comes in is hearing messages for the world at large about THE correct way to do things and then telling them to take it public.  

Its just such a leap from nudges to do the right thing or pointing you towards someone who needs help you may not have noticed to declaring God says women who were contrasting colored buttons are harlots, or if you do XYZ God will bless you with prosperity.  Listening to God makes sense for those who believe.  Speaking for him....doesn't.

I was waiting to see where these would end up, but there were other vacation pics, so here are my favorite ones of Smuggar's road trip, featuring Smuggar. They stopped at every landmark the kids didn't care about.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

On 2/20/2016 at 7:36 PM, nickelodeon said:
8 hours ago, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

I was waiting to see where these would end up, but there were other vacation pics, so here are my favorite ones of Smuggar's road trip, featurin

image.jpg

at out of their grasps and ascend into outer space, in search of their home planets.

The choice of kepis is interesting, though! Wouldn't have guessed.

Archived