IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel- Lucky Number 13

keen23

18 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

We'll let MN have their claim to the most lakes- it's the least we can do since they have to cheer on the Viking's. 

Thanx for being such a good sport!!

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MatthewDuggar said:

I watched that episode and she basically was given a tour of a clinic and happened to be there when an expectant mother was there and she used a native instrument to listen to the baby.  I think stating that she "volunteered" is giving her too much credit.

I stand corrected. Guess I shouldn't be surprised.

2 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

He is such a cutey! I don't see bruising here, but that could just be me.  But she has posted several pictures of him with bruises and no explanations.  Kids fall down, get bumps and bruises. It's normal. But the lack of explanation bothers me.

"Look who's learning to crawl! #stockinguponbandaids #seriousbabyproofingtime #gavemommyaheartattack"  There, how hard is that?  Who posts a pic of their kid all bruised up then doesn't explain it in the least? No one, that's who.

I don't have kids so my opinion on this might be off, but why would I need to explain why my kid has a bruise? As you said, everyone knows kids fall down. Is the assumption that if I don't offer an explanation for each and every single bruise my kid is ever photographed with that I'm hitting him and his injuries are the results of that abuse?

What's up with people always assuming the worst?

Someone's skinny. – They must be anorexic!

Someone has dark circles under their eyes. – They must be sick/sleep-deprived/depressed/malnourished!

Someone's smile looks a little bit off. – They must be miserable, hating life and waiting for chance to break away from their marriage!

Someone's kid has an unexplained bruise. – They must be hitting him/her!

If my kid had a bruise, I'd probably be telling my friends/family/whoever how he got it, but not because I'm afraid they'd assume that I hit him but because I'm sharing my life with these people. If I'm posting on social media  and it's a close-up of my kid's terribly bruised face, sure I'll mention the accident that caused them, but if it's just him just doing normal stuff with a bruise somewhere, I don't see that I need to justifiy his very normal condition to anyone.

2 minutes ago, Paperplate said:

I don't have kids so my opinion on this might be off, but why would I need to explain why my kid has a bruise? As you said, everyone knows kids fall down. Is the assumption that if I don't offer an explanation for each and every single bruise my kid is ever photographed with that I'm hitting him and his injuries are the results of that abuse?

Someone has dark circles under their eyes. – They must be sick/sleep-deprived/depressed/malnourished!

Someone's smile looks a little bit off. – They must be miserable, hating life and waiting for chance to break away from their marriage!

If my kid had a bruise, I'd probably be telling my friends/family/whoever how he got it, but not because I'm afraid they'd assume that I hit him but because I'm sharing my life with these people. If I'm posting on social media  and it's a close-up of my kid's terribly bruised face, sure I'll mention the accident that caused them, but if it's just him just doing normal stuff with a bruise somewhere, I don't see that I need to justifiy his very normal condition to anyone.

Because of the bolded- all the pics are just of mom holding him, or him sitting there, with a giant bruise on his face.  She's a public figure with known ties to the pearls and blanket training practices. So when she posts a random photo of her bruised kid with no explanation people are going to wonder and speculate.  I spent 3 years teaching pre-k, and every kid that came in with fresh bruises or marks, you know the first thing mom or dad did dropping off? explained them.  A vast majority of my fb friends are parents, and I almost never see a pic with their kids sporting fresh bruises. And if they do post that pic there's a story with it.  Plus, it wasn't just one picture. It seems like people see bruises on izzy's face in every post, or he's screaming or unhappy in them.

I wouldn't speculate about just anybody's kid with bruises mind. But public figures? they are going to get questions. She has to know this when posting, so it seems logical to put a quick explanation up with the photo, if she is choosing to post public social media shots of her bruised kid. AND if i saw someone posting pics of their kid and just about every photo was a bruised or screaming kid, yeah, I would speculate then too.

30 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Alabama here, and we call them skeeters.

and I call that from the movie The Help= but still don't know what a skeeter is 

as for Jill posting pictures of Iddy with fresh bruises - it is insane for her to do that and not post why 

she is only leading us to speculate and call her a bad and careless mother - she is a public figure she should know better - but obviously doesn't - 

2 hours ago, Paperplate said:

I don't have kids so my opinion on this might be off, but why would I need to explain why my kid has a bruise?

You most likely don't need to explain anything.  The Duggars are known for beating their kids in order to make them behave.  This puts the spotlight on Jill and Jessa and their kids will forever be scrutinized in search of any signs that they may be following in the footsteps of their parents.

8 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:
2 hours ago, Paperplate said:

That picture was taken in December.  The baby's left eye looks bruised.

because this family has a track record of dumb choices. 

oh dear god - i am not one to criticize Derick too much - but the latest one of him and the fam - he looks positively grizzly 

and it looks like someone has another black eyeish 

seriously - does he bump into the furniture that hard 

15 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

We'll let MN have their claim to the most lakes- it's the least we can do since they have to cheer on the Viking's. 

Border battle is ON! Go Pack, Go!  Yeah yeah, I know it's not football season. Though in Wisconsin, it kinda always is. . .  Bringing it back around to the off-topic discussion at hand, I will say that,growing up in and having returned to the part of the Badger state that is Minnesconsin, I still call Minnesotans Swampies in deference to their superior numbers of mosquito-incubators. With love, of course.:beer:

11 hours ago, nst said:

oh dear god - i am not one to criticize Derick too much - but the latest one of him and the fam - he looks positively grizzly 

and it looks like someone has another black eyeish 

seriously - does he bump into the furniture that hard 

Maybe derricks' grooming kit got lost? kind of looks that way. I mean, to each his own, but his scruff looks less deliberate and more "I've been lost in the woods for 6 months, do you have anything to eat?"

Izzy has really pale skin. It's possible he bruises really easily. And my kid had a few lumps/bruises/cuts here and there, and on her face, in the past. I'm sure more will come. She marks easily as well.  And she's far from reckless.  So it's totally possible that this kid is just a super active, learning to crawl baby, who tends to bruise easily.  But then why doesn't she say something? There are comments and even articles speculating about bruised boy, and yet no explanation. It makes it look like the only explanation implicates the parents in some way, so that's why she's staying quiet.  I'd happily believe he crashed off the couch or into a chair when Jill took a minute to pee or get a diaper or whatever- these things happen to everybody, it's part of childhood.  I'd also believe he got smacked for leaving his blanket, or is not being supervised like at all, in an unsafe environment.

I've never heard of skeeters before when referring to mosquitos. But the name does remind me of a childhood favorite: Skeeter the Paperboy! Anyone else remember him?

320099.jpg

16 hours ago, Paperplate said:

Thank you, Paperplate! Even for snarkers, it gets pretty tiresome.

2 hours ago, Pandora Spocks said:

Border battle is ON! Go Pack, Go!  Yeah yeah, I know it's not football season. Though in Wisconsin, it kinda always is. . .  Bringing it back around to the off-topic discussion at hand, I will say that,growing up in and having returned to the part of the Badger state that is Minnesconsin, I still call Minnesotans Swampies in deference to their superior numbers of mosquito-incubators. With love, of course.:beer:

Hey, I'll take being called a swampie!!  I've been called worse!  Lol.    And you are right, let's leave football out of this, It gets tiresome.   Haha 

The Dillards are out of control.  This new photo shows a huge bruise of Israel's head.  There are also reports that he might have some delays as he isn't speaking any yet.

12742111_1707191659559697_65534868206705

On February 19, 2016 at 9:56 AM, felinefundie said:

I'm sorry, but this is a ridiculously cute picture of Izzy. Refreshing change of pace to see him happy. 

image.jpeg

Another pic in a mustard sweater... Sorry I'm always picking on redundant Duggar wardrobe :my_biggrin:

8 minutes ago, MatthewDuggar said:

The Dillards are out of control.  This new photo shows a huge bruise of Israel's head.  There are also reports that he might have some delays as he isn't speaking any yet.

12742111_1707191659559697_65534868206705

This is a very normal place for a child this age to have a bruise. They are top heavy which is why they can drown in a bucket of water. Even if they are blanket training, they wouldn't be hitting him on the head. JMO as a retired CPS worker.

I do love that pic of Izzy with Jill (above).  Delays?  Not speaking?  I've mentioned this before, but I have a granddaughter almost exactly the same age.  It's always been funny to compare her to Izzy because she is teeny-tiny... she's walking really well, and making some sounds like "baba" for bottle and "mama" whenever she has needs of any kind.. but that's about it.  

Babies aren't supposed to be "talking" yet at 11 months or so.  Are they?  And boys are a little later language-wise. So I don't know about the delays... I doubt it based on what we're seeing at least.  

The bruise on his head?  Again, I'd personally not post a pic of my baby or grandbaby sporting a bruise unless I had a story to go with it ("learning to walk, "altercation with the coffee table", etc).  You would think they'd learn to do this based on prior comments.  Said g'daughter had a tiny little mark on her nose (we were doing Skype) and my son-in-law was all about explaining it, how it happened, etc.  

And yes Derick looks like Tom Cruise in Castaway.  At certain times of the year, my 30-something son sports a beard just like that (ugh) and I detest it.  His girlfriend is ok with it, so there's that.    I'm not running his life (or his facial hair) but he generally cleans up come Easter if he wants to be invited for dinner.  

@MatthewDuggar.  Israel is too young to say he has a speech delay or any type of delay really, most babies don't start to say proper words until they are between 12-17mths old. This link shows speech development, it is from the UK but I imagine it would similar in the US.  http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a6573/developmental-milestones-talking

For what it's worth my daughter didn't start to properly communicate with words until about 2 1/2, she didn't have a delay, just didn't need to or want to talk! I can't get her to stop talking now at nearly 8 and is as sharp as a tack, no lasting effects from taking longer to talk.

they wouldn't do evals on him for speech delays unless we wasn't speaking at all at 18 months. bruises are normal, posting pic after pic of a bruised kid with no explanation? when you are a public figure? yeah, not normal.  There are other delays a child could show, like a significant lack of physical development.

I had a daughter that started talking when she was about 9 months old.  Her first words were a complete sentence as well. She was just imitating something we'd say to her.   None of my other girls spoke that early and my last didn't speak much till she was around 18 months. 

I guess we just have to wait and see...

if Jill is pregnant

if Izzy has speech problems and/or too often bruised

if Derick is seriously ill and/or forever lopsided.

:popcorn:

1 hour ago, caszandra said:

@MatthewDuggar.  Israel is too young to say he has a speech delay or any type of delay really, most babies don't start to say proper words until they are between 12-17mths old.

Sorry I wasn't clear in my post.  I said it's been reported (on other Duggar critic groups) that he has delays because he's not speaking.  It's not my personal opinion.

1 hour ago, CrazyCatLady said:

I wonder if the beard is an attempt to cover up his new oddly shaped mouth/jaw.

It's not working

It seems way weirder to me that they'd be beating him and then posting all these nonchalant photos of their bruised child without explanation. 

You guys are still total assholes about Derick, by the way. I wonder if you'd all be so keen on mocking his appearance constantly if we had to show our real faces when we posted here.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived