IGNORED

Candace Cameron Bure Explains the Problem with Feminism

roddma

I really appreciate everyone who is willing to share their thought on all of this (from all viewpoints).  I won't go so far as to say that everything is some massive conspiracy designed to keep people (largely in this case women) down, but I think this campaign is a great example of how the system is basically set up in such a way that the average Josephina really can't win and will be told she is wrong regardless.  I should say that I think the two party system in general has this same impact on all American voters.  We get so caught up in the infighting about who has what sex organs, who mooned who, and why everyone who would even consider voting for X is a clueless, bumbling fool that we lose sight of the actual issues and what is truly important.  If you ask me, that consistently benefits the Koch brothers, etc. (including plenty of powerful Democrats).  So while I don't by any means think that everything is simply some massive conspiracy orchestrated by a handful of people, I do think that the entire political process in this system is set up in a way that causes many people to act in a manner that feeds and fuels a certain outcome.  While we are busy determining who is the better feminist or who is most deserving of an eternal afterlife based on their choice in political candidates, everything important slowly slips further away from being even remotely under control of the voters or determined by the voice of the people.   I don't feel like I am making much sense at all here - sorry.  The older crowd might understand me better if I just borrow a phrase from REM -

Mister Andy Koffman's gone wrestling, yeah yeah yeah yeah.

2 hours ago, Whoosh said:

Mister Andy Koffman's gone wrestling, yeah yeah yeah yeah.

Kaufman.  Dang it!  Sorry Mr. Kaufman, I was half asleep.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2016 at 8:45 AM, ShepherdontheRock said:

Just voted for Clinton over Bernie, and would have done so if she were a man. Likewise, I wouldn't be tempted to vote for Bernie if he was Bernadette Sanders.

Mainly because I think Bernie's lofty ideas would make him an easy target for the Republicans to totally eviscerate him and make him look bad to your average voter in Ohio, should he get the primary...

Honestly, I feel like it's been Bernie supporters dragging sexism. Now I can't win. I OBVIOUSLY voted for Hillary because she's a lady. Beyond what Madeleine Albright/Gloria Steinem have been saying (it actually irritates me women are like 'not supporting my every move is antifeminist') I've actually seen (white,male) Berniebros trying to "educate" women, POC, etc who support Hillary.

On the other hand I think Bernie would do much much better in Colorado especially with the libertarian types.

On 2/20/2016 at 10:45 PM, ShepherdontheRock said:

Just voted for Clinton over Bernie, and would have done so if she were a man. Likewise, I wouldn't be tempted to vote for Bernie if he was Bernadette Sanders.

Mainly because I think Bernie's lofty ideas would make him an easy target for the Republicans to totally eviscerate him and make him look bad to your average voter in Ohio, should he get the primary. Because, unfortunately there isn't actually a way to implement a lot of his plans without increasing taxes on the middle class...and do you think average Joe Schmo undecided voter who doesn't know anything would want that?

Also, I don't get the dramatic hate for Clinton. Many of the things people have against her are things done by her husband, or that were also voted for by Bernie (their senate voting records are actually quite similar.) And I'd rather not vote for someone just because they give me a warmer fuzzy feeling (because from what I understand Dubya got elected over Gore because he was warm and fuzzy) and I don't think it's a good idea to vote for symbols.

Also, Clinton has a record of being successful in the Senate, Secretary of State and people are questioning her abilities to get shit done? I don't like playing the sexism card, but if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it sure as hell ain't a chicken...

Honestly, I feel like it's been Bernie supporters dragging sexism. Now I can't win. I OBVIOUSLY voted for Hillary because she's a lady. Beyond what Madeleine Albright/Gloria Steinem have been saying (it actually irritates me women are like 'not supporting my every move is antifeminist') I've actually seen (white,male) Berniebros trying to "educate" women, POC, etc who support Hillary.

I am so with you - but not being a US citizen means I have no dog in this fight. Please continue to express your beliefs articulately and clearly - you may snag a few more voters - which I believe would be for the good of the whole world..........

On February 12, 2016 at 5:24 AM, Granwych said:

Maybe Candace is waiting for her husband to tell her who to vote for.  Or her brother.  ( Or Whoopi, yeah, right)

Truth is that she's probably a Cruz supporter, but for fear of damaging her public image, will not say so.  Hubby is retired, NHL money is middle-class compared to other major sports, her new show just came out, and most importantly her place on The View. The family breadbasket is her responsibility now, and The View is a steady paycheck. She saw how it went for Elizabeth Hasselbeck, and decided to take a softer route with her conservativism. 

Archived