IGNORED

Cruelty-free products

LadyCrow1313

I've been doing research lately for cruelty-free makeup items, & I've come across quite a few brands. As I'm not much of a fan of buying cosmetics online (I'd rather try them in person first), what I found in WallyWorld was a brand called ELF ("eyes/lips/face"). I don't normally use a lot of makeup (generally just concealer/face powder), so I was willing to give ELF a try. So far, it's been working quite well.

My sister asked how the pricing was (as compared to my previous brand, Cover Girl), & for the items I use the pricing is just about the same.

Has anyone else tried a cruelty-free brand? What were your results/thoughts?

The brand that is cruelty free that I use the most is Urban Decay.  I absolutely love their Naked palettes.  It's pretty pricey, but I love them.  I haven't tried their face products though.

Wet n' Wild is cruelty free, and they just came out with a ton of stuff.  Target has a few brands like Pacifica, and Pixie, I haven't tried either since Target is totally inconvenient for me.  

High end, I like Too Faced, it's not the most expensive brand, but it is quality.  And the Hourglass Immaculate Powder Liquid Powder Foundation is my favorite foundation, I don't wear it often so it lasts me forever.

I'd like to hear from anyone who's found a cruelty free BB cream they like.  I love the Garnier one, but it's not cruelty free, and when this tube runs out I don't want to repurchase.  I'm thinking about trying Physicians Formula, but they have so many lines, I don't know which one to buy.

NYX and Milani are cruelty free. I use a NYX blush as a powder contour and it works fabulously. Their mascaras are meh.

I use several physician's formula items and like them. bronzer, green and yellow concealer, a ph pressed powder (this, at 13 is a one of those pwdrs that changes with your skin color and on good skin days i can just use it. five thumbs up)

also using their foundation but I hate the bottle. messy

elf has good colors. I have a few eyeshadows.

I keep mentioning this site, only because I really love it, and it has been so useful to me.  beautypedia, gives a "report card" for animal testing, for most of the major brands that can be found in-store (department or drugstore). That is a consideration for me when I am buying makeup and skincare, as well.

I love everyday minerals. I have orderd from them off and on for years. Recently Whole Foods started sellin their products. you can get base on matte, semi matte, or jojoba. It's nice because I have dry skin so semi matte or jojoba work great. They have lots of nice stuff. 

I like Urban Decay, Kat Von D, mineral fusion, Zuzu, LUSH (haven't tried their makeup yet)

• 2 weeks later...

ELF for me!  The two draws are that they are cruelty-free and that their price point is incredibly reasonable.  I haven't yet tried their foundation but I have the primer, blush, lip crayons, matte eyeshadows, eyeliner, brow kit, contouring palate, and brushes.

• 3 weeks later...

Elf is addictive!!! It is so cheap and just works so well on my skin. I know you can buy their cleansers and such at old navy.

• 2 weeks later...

I like Urban Decay because of the Naked eye shadow palette, but it's a bit pricey. I also love ELF because it's such a steal, and the products are good as well. One brand I really love that's also cruelty-free is NYX, and my favorite things are their lipsticks and Butter lip gloss.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2016 at 7:01 PM, Ms Marvel said:

I'd like to hear from anyone who's found a cruelty free BB cream they like.  I love the Garnier one, but it's not cruelty free, and when this tube runs out I don't want to repurchase.  I'm thinking about trying Physicians Formula, but they have so many lines, I don't know which one to buy.

I like Tarte's BB cream on the higher end. They're technically cruelty-free, but I guess their parent company is not. :/

More affordable, I also love Pacifica's alight bb cream. I haven't tried Burt's Bees BB cream yet, but I love their lip balm and makeup remover, so I might try that next. Burt's is leaping bunny certified, and Pacifica has the seal of approval from PETA, for what that's worth.

----

Kat Von D tattoo liner and studded lipsticks are wonderful and cruelty free, too! :) 

Archived