IGNORED

Grey's Anatomy

RabbitKM

On 3/8/2018 at 6:32 PM, Satan'sFortress said:

Just saw the big news about the exits (spoiler above).  Dang.  About the only two left that I still like.  I don't think I will continue to watch.  I hope that at least they get to go on good terms, story wise, and not hit by a bus, killed in a plane crash, or something horrible.

I don't think I will watch either. There's just not enough left to keep me interested. I was team Japril, so this is really frustrating for me. I feel like they fired her to make Jaggie work (blech)

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2018 at 1:03 PM, RabbitKM said:

I don't think I will watch either. There's just not enough left to keep me interested. I was team Japril, so this is really frustrating for me. I feel like they fired her to make Jaggie work (blech)

I just watched this week's episode. To anyone who is still watching- how do you feel about it looking like April is going to leave the show by getting back together with Matthew? With their moment in the chapel last week and her spouting off this week that she was dating someone, looks to me like what's happening (partially asking because my 2 IRL watch buddies did not read it that way). I'm not sure I like it, but maybe that's just because I really like April and wish she didn't have to go? 

I've never really loved Arizona, and at times, she really bothers me (Jessica Capshaw is a great actress though). My guess: her reason for leaving will be that she wants Sophia to be near Callie too.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I'm still watching and it seems to me like April is either gonna die or ride into the sunset with Matthew. 

Nicole Herman is coming back for an episode or two and I think she'll magically have some project in New York going so that Arizona will move closer to Callie so Sophia can be with both her moms. 

Still watching. First half of this season was great, second half lost momentum. I have no idea what those writers get paid, but what they get is surely too much at this point IMHO. 

• Upvote 2

I really enjoyed this episode because it seemed the actors were having fun playing stoned versions of themselves. 

I like April and will miss her on the show. I am completely over Arizona and have been for years. I think Callie will enter into her departure in some way.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't plan to watch next year, but will finish out this season . . .

I hate  how "preachy" not the right word ---the show has become.  They have a transgender character!!  They have a Muslim doctor who wears a hijab!!!  They are wonderful people who instantly clean up past sexual harassment allegations!!  We have someone affected by DACA!!  They are so current!!  I have been recording them and am able to fast forward over particularly boring parts, which has been a lot lately.  I actually wouldn't mind so much if I knew this were the last season and they were just wrapping everything up with a bow, but it is all just so meh. 

Looks like they are killing off April, but  I thought I had read specifically that they weren't?? That would suck.

Edited by Satan'sFortress
forgot the DACA character
  • Upvote 2

I've got the last seven episodes recorded, i'm a weirdo who will wait and see what they do with April's character (who I love) then watch the rest of the season. 

My favorite character left is Alex I love how he has developed over the years.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I really wanted April and Jackson to get back together, but no dice. I see no chemistry between Jackson and Maggie. I just can't see those two together.

What is happening with Alex and Jo? He isn't leaving too, is he? If she goes to the East Coast will they have a long distance marriage? It sounded as though Jo is definitely leaving Seattle.

The show is very politically correct now. Which reminds me, the doctor who was DeLuca's gf and had the DACA issue? Why do they have to break up? Can't they wait it out? He could move too? She could apply for legal residency? Something?

• Upvote 2

If I have ever drowned in freezing water and been virtually dead, I sincerely hope that they bring me to Grey Sloane Memorial Hospital, because I tell you what--those people have a really good track record.  I didn't want April to die, but Holy Rufus, it is ridiculous that they had the exact. same. story. as they did when Meredith drowned.  WTF?  She even referenced it! 

I will not be watching next year.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:50 PM, Satan'sFortress said:

If I have ever drowned in freezing water and been virtually dead, I sincerely hope that they bring me to Grey Sloane Memorial Hospital, because I tell you what--those people have a really good track record.  I

I will not be watching next year.

Really! That is the place to be! Miracle workers, every one of them, in cold water drownings. Still, I will keep watching. I can't quit now after all these years. But I still can't see Jackson and Maggie together. I do need to know if Jackson gets rich again, though.

• Upvote 3

Jackson's kind of rich never really gets poor no matter how much money they lose. They have a wealth of opportunity, connection, skills and education. I know he's a fictional character but that is certainly true of real life individuals in the same circumstance. I've watched Grey's too long to give up now lol

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I hope I can still post to this thread without retribution/warning since it's a little old.

I have a deep affinity for Grey's Anatomy. Unfortunately, my husband, does not. In fact he refers to it as "Grey's Lobotomy" and thinks Meredith is a terrible person.

We all have characters we relate to. Meredith, April, and Amelia are all my favs for this reason. I admire that although Meredith has been through hell and back, she still has that fire within her; she still has the humanity to see the human condition in her patients and colleagues.

Amelia has had a difficult past with addiction and relapse; she talks too much, and even though she knows that she is "a lot" most of the time, she owns it. Amelia is very down to earth in that sense. I could see Amelia and I being friends because I never shut my mouth either. We would drive each other crazy, but who doesn't Amelia drive crazy at some point?

I love April because of her faith and her integrity to do what is moral. She was never afraid to talk about her faith, or be laughed at or ridiculed for her choices. One of my favorite April episodes is season 14, episode 17: "One Day Like This." It's like God was reminding her He is there when the rabbi states "Faith wouldn't be real faith if you only believe when things are good."

I love Arizona because she's jolly, cheerful, and always sees the positive in every situation, but knows how to keep it real. She bounces back from disappointment quickly.

I happen to love Meredith; she's grown tremendously since the first season. I was saddened by Derek's death, but it's made Meredith a much stronger, more solid character.

I also liked how season 14 ended.  I don't want to spoil the end of season 14 for anybody who doesn't know what or who I'm referring to, but I'm excited to see who joins the team in the future.

• Love 2

• 7 months later...

Anyone still watching that train wreck?

Spoiler alert: Tomorrow's episode has viewer discretion advised. I swear to god that if they have Alex and Jo turn out as siblings I'm throw my TV outta the window, down ten stories. I doubt they're gonna go that route, but something's definitely off. I hate that I remember that during the storm episodes, Alex and Jo found out that they didn't send in their marriage certificate (or license?) and are therefore not yet really married. It should've made people suspicious right then and there. 

Edited by Pretzel
  • Haha 2

I still watch.

I do not like Alex and Jo. Rather, I don't like Jo, I like Alex. I'm still shipping Meredith and Alex. Is next season going to be the last one? Ew, if it turns out that Alex and Jo are half siblings. Maybe Jo is another long lost sister of Meredith. She collects them like I collect Funko Pops.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Does anyone still watch it? I like Alex and Jo as meredith and deluca, but I still dislike so so much Maggie and Jackson, bleach there is no chemistry no interest, nothing, what did they have in common except Catherine and Richard? Surgery? Then they could still be friends no need to be partner 

26 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Does anyone still watch it? I like Alex and Jo as meredith and deluca, but I still dislike so so much Maggie and Jackson, bleach there is no chemistry no interest, nothing, what did they have in common except Catherine and Richard? Surgery? Then they could still be friends no need to be partner 

Yes, I still watch it and I will continue till the very end. I doubt that will be any time soon. We have not yet seen Meredith being attacked by a dinosaur while trying to revive him with tiny lizard organ transplants, so I am anxiously waiting to see that, all while her three kids are being raised by the nanny. Also, I think it's more likely for a Grey-Sloan doctor to hold a chair at Hogwarts than for one of them to lead a relationship that lasts longer than a season or two. That hospital is haunted! And apparently, no doctors can ever end up with someone that is not a doctor. The least they could do is hook a doc up with, say, someone exotic like...someone who's not a surgeon? How about a therapist? Nearly all doctors at Grey's sloan need a shrink ASAP! (I see they did that to Owen recently, though it did not result in the scenario I had hoped for. Had he found out that he was gay and that's why he couldn't make his previous heterosexual relationships work, it would've made more sense than for him to profess his NON-EXISTENT LOVE to Teddy). Also, Maggie and Jackson's relationship has reached the grossness of barbecue-tunafish sandwiches with a side of Tater Tot Casserole. I love Maggie. I think she is smart, kind, nerdy, and quirky and she's neither jaded nor an asshole. I know everyone complains about her whining, but I don't see it. Jackson, on the other hand, I hope will find himself in that fog like ten minutes ago because his midlife-crisis makes him insufferable. All he can do is give the women in his life a hard time because they are not like him. He was being a total Jerk towards April. First, he ruined her wedding, then when things got rough, he blamed her for running away from the worst pain in her life. While April became a bad-ass trauma surgeon Christina Yang would bow down to, he blamed her for making the best out of the worst "while he suffered", yet when she would've needed him he basically made her feel bad about being a devoted Christian. Then, he knocked her up again and started fancying Maggie. Only when April found her happiness with Matthew, Jackson magically became spiritual. So now he's on a hunt for a deeper meaning but can't take that someone finally had the guts to tell him that he's a damned spoiled brat who has no idea how hard other people had to fight to get to where they are now. He's a whiny kid who can't figure out how to cut the cord from mommy. Oh, and don't even get me started on Catherine and Richard. They have the most messed up relationship of all but because they're old and kinda the chiefs (real and spiritual) of it all, they get away without other people telling them to get their crap together. 

I like Alex and Jo and I hope they will be the one exception to the rule. They should stay together and figure out how to make things work. Alex does not deserve another failed marriage. I do not want him to end up with Meredith. They could've had that many seasons ago, but it would break what's so special about them. Alex is a better Meredith's person than Christina ever could've been. Let's not ruin that. Yeah, because what I say has any influence on what the writers will or won't do. 

I like Link. I think he's cute and a positive character for once. Great fit with Amelia. Love Koracick and I'm dying to see how he'll come out of the Towen mess. It's been established before what a great guy he is when he "took care" of April (we know how Tom Koracick takes care of women lol!). What a shame that they've made Towen happen. I'm voting for Owen to take that chair at Hogwarts because I can't imagine him making it work with Teddy without some witchcraft involved. 

I do never want to be reminded of he-who-shall-not-be-named ever again, also known as McArsehole. What Meredith and the viewership were supposed to ever see in him I will never know. Writers, let Meredith be happy with DeLuca or whomever.

Last but not least, I wanna see more of the interns. I hate Nico but I am kinda in love with Glasses, so let's see how that will turn out. We've seen Khadri fawn over Jackson, so maybe he'll end his spiritual quest and convert to Islam and they can be together? Just throwing that idea in, take it writers. Hellmouth will never stop fawning over Meredith so I really anticipate her fighting with DeLuca over who gets to save Meredith from the claws of a Triceratops. Now how's that for an interesting cliffhanger? 

If anyone has read till here, congrats. Yes, I've been watching this train wreck for far too long. Does anyone know the number of a good therapist? Asking for a friend. 

• Love 1

I watched the latest season but was rather underwhelmed.  So I think I'm (again) stopping.  

Oh @PretzelI can't say how much I loved your post! I vote for the dino cliffhanger! Geezer Meredith is not only haunted she also has a pretty strong curse against her damn if you think from the start she was a fresh student who went for a night of fun with a pretty man, after years of studying and dealing with a very famous and sick mother, then she found out that her date was her boss, oh you know after they get together she found out he was married! After some other little complication I think at the very least 3 times in witch she should be dead (bomb, frozen lake/ferry and freaking giant hole in front of her car or so) she finally married the man she love, they adopt a baby (after having try to stole her from child service) she found the time to become a great surgeon after having change a couple of specialization and kind of blow her carrier faking the result of a medical trial, her husband died in a stupid, fake and totally unrealistic accident, she found put she is pregnant of her dead husband, she disappear for almost a year, where was she? Where did she found the money to live and raise two kids without working? Was the kids homeschooled so nobody look for them? Oh and did I say that in the mean time she found out her father who abandoned her and her mother years ago, had another family and her little sister decided to become a doctor too and go to work on the same hospital and then she start a relationship with Mer husband's best friend? And since she didn't have had enough bad luck the flight they all took for work had an accident and they get lost in a forest with bad injuries except Meredith that has to take care of everybody. Then she finally get her life together again an start to become a "normal" person just to find out that actually her mother has had a relationship with the man that she now see like a father and a mentor and they have had a baby that had been adopted, only that the kid happend to be a little genius and decided to sant to know her birth parents, but since she is a nerd she has to make things complex (witch I can some how understand) and go to work at the same hospital again, somehow between all this they bonded with Derek little sister, a and decide to go to live all together like sisters, Meredith 3 kids are raised by the nanny at this point I'm surprise they know who their mother is...

Meredith somehow become chief, honer of the hospital (at least in part) and now she also found another boyfriend how look is a surgeon! 

I agree on Alex I love how much he has change from S1! 

Please fix Hunt and Teddy nobody believes they are in love c'mon.

I would love for Jackson to end up with Khadri.

If you find the number of that shrink can you take a double date? Maybe he/she will made a discount if instead of just one hot two patient?

11 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

If you find the number of that shrink can you take a double date? Maybe he/she will made a discount if instead of just one hot two patient?

ABSOLUTELY! ? I feel like by now a good therapist would be the only one who could still help us. And see, I had forgotten half of what you listed, now my dinosaur scenario doesn't even seem too far fetched! 

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

This season is probably going to be a looooong monologue for me. LOL In the very unlikely event that someone here doesn't want to see me talk to myself in this thread for eight whole months, I am asking again...

...is anyone still watching? :anyone:

What's your opinion on the season premiere? 

Spoiler

Maggie and Jackson broke up finally. Yay. Jackson is such an arrogant ass. Mommy needs to have a come to Jesus talk with him asap. I don't care about him at all otherwise. Maggie is a bit weird, but she's too good for him. I think the writers did both characters a real disservice in bringing them together. Maggie should find someone who sees her true potential and brings out the best in her. 

Meredith and DeLuca- I hope they'll be the end game. She's his Derek, he's her Meredith. Unlike Derek, Meredith is not full of herself. Gosh, I hated Derek and I hope Meredith gets to live her best life without him. I did like Riggs with Meredith, though. Bummer that he got back together with Megan Hunt. 

Speaking of Hunt- meh. He and Teddy together will never work out. I don't care the least bit about them. Teddy is too good for him and I hate what the writers let her do to Koracick. It seems to me every character on this show can be such a shit towards their partner. 

Love Alex and Jo and as I said in a previous post, I hope they'll be the exception to the no-couple-will-ever-make-it rule. They deserve each other in the best way possible. 

Then MAJOR surprise: What's it with Amelia's pregnancy? Is the actress pregnant again? Who's the father? I really, truly hope it is NOT OWEN! He's had enough babies now. Will be interesting to see Amelia and Link figure this out. 

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 2

I’m still watching but I’m not sure why. I found the premier to be be meh. The part that irritated me the most was Meredith picking up garbage. Surely it would be better community service to use her medical skills in an underserved area.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Botkinetti said:

I’m still watching but I’m not sure why. I found the premier to be be meh. The part that irritated me the most was Meredith picking up garbage*. Surely it would be better community service to use her medical skills in an underserved area.

I wasn't too impressed by the premier either. I wish they had turned it into two episodes and detangled the plot lines a bit. There were just too many for a 40 min opener and the 1 week later--1 week later... time jumps didn't help either.  Too many issues, too little time to explain plot holes. I felt rushed through the episode. 

*I think the garbage pick-up is easily explained. At that point it was still uncertain if anything and what would happen with her medical license so for the time being she was exempt from practicing any kind of medicine. Also, from a cinematographic POV it makes sense to make her do something that would put her on the spot and force her to humble herself. 

ETA: I don't know why I'm still watching either. It's become somewhat of a habit for me and I don't like currently new shows TBH.  

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 1

Last season did me in so I'm not watching.  But I’m looking forward to the analysis you all do.

• Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

I’m still watching but I’m not sure why. I found the premier to be be meh. The part that irritated me the most was Meredith picking up garbage. Surely it would be better community service to use her medical skills in an underserved area.

I agree on all points.  I barely survived the first episode and kept thinking why don't they just kill it?  It's definitely time.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/28/2019 at 12:13 PM, Botkinetti said:

I think the point is that her medical license is at stake and she is not to practice any kind of medicine as long as  the case is not decided yet. 

I'm in the "meh but wacthing"-club. I'm not a fan of yesterday's episode.

I was fast forwarding through the Richard scenes even though I've always liked him as a character, fallible, but always gets back on his feet. He knows right from wrong but isn't pedantic, and I like to see an older, experienced black character on TV that younger characters on the show look up to and learn from. Over the 16 seasons the writers put him through a lot and while I don't like Catherine, I wonder why they chose to mess up something in Richard's life again. Surely there are characters more in need of a good story line.

What about the interns? What about Andrew's sister? Maggie is a great character, loyal, smart, talented, and just as compassionate as Richard but why did the writers make her character so miserable and whiney? There is a lot of shallow writing going on and it clearly leaves the audience unsatisfied. All that unnecessary whining going on between Amelia, Meredith, and Maggie during Zola's surgery? I was barely able to stand it. All I could think of was that Ellen Pompeo earns a million $ an episode and -- while bold and brave of her to ask for that amount -- she certainly doesn't deserve it for outstanding acting. 

Meredith's storyline. I don't know what to say. As I pointed out already, her license is at stake so I get the community service but she's so dismissive of Andrew. She's pulling the same crap on him that arrogant ass Derek pulled on her for years “I'm so awesome, so experienced, you should fawn over me but don't ever dare to question any of my decisions. My needs always precede yours.” It's so unnecessary and so unhealthy. She insinuated he was just a stupid kid that didn't get her and didn't know what it's like to be a parent.

Great parenting, Meredith. Whining and moaning about irrelevant stuff with your sisters while you should be in court to save your behind. Instead, you belittle the man who just doesn't want you to go to jail so you can actually be a parent. I feel like writers again forgot that Andrew's character knows just too well what it's like to have a parent that breaks the law, loses their license, and goes rogue.

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

Whoa, major spoiler. 

Spoiler

Justin Chamber's is leaving GA. I am bummed. Didn't expect that at all and it'll make Grey's even less interesting than it's already been anyway. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1