IGNORED

Bates Family Part 9

Boogalou

10 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

you draw an imaginary square that encompasses everything between your boobs and shame-box. 

Thanks for giving me my new name for my vajayjay. 

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much all I do is resemble a Duggar. I decided it would be interesting to do the Erika Shrupe 30 day skirts only challenge in December because I own tons and tons of modest skirts and dresses. It was an entire month of looking frumper-tastic. That being said, I love maxi-skirts, but I do look totally fundamentalist in them. Actually, I think most fundie girls might have better fashion sense than I do and that makes me very sad. 

Most of my skirts/dresses are a little short for fundie approval (without leggings) but I could probably do it for 30 days (unless you count sweats/pj pants around the house).  

In the summer, I can definitely do it (I haven't worn shorts since high school outside of the gym/bed).  

If my skirts were longer, I would totally resemble a fundie (long hair does not help me here).  I also prefer a bit of modesty on the top and will wear a bandeau/tank top or infinity scarf if the shirt is too low.  Having a small chest makes shirts a little lower than they were intended.

3 minutes ago, felinefundie said:

30 day skirts only challenge in December

does she do that as part of a fundraiser for a group who tries to get rid of child slavery? One of my friends posts a photo of her in a dress every day of december (or maybe it's january) for something. They obviously don't mention the name enough because I have no clue who it is for

1 minute ago, OnceUponATime said:

does she do that as part of a fundraiser for a group who tries to get rid of child slavery? One of my friends posts a photo of her in a dress every day of december (or maybe it's january) for something. They obviously don't mention the name enough because I have no clue who it is for

I had no idea it was part of a thing. I was just reading Erika's old blog posts about when she decided to go skirts only and I saw something there about trying it just for a month, and I was like "I bet I could still do that and not feel like my jeans are defrauding anyone" and it was December, so I just went for it. 

5 minutes ago, felinefundie said:

I had no idea it was part of a thing. I was just reading Erika's old blog posts about when she decided to go skirts only and I saw something there about trying it just for a month, and I was like "I bet I could still do that and not feel like my jeans are defrauding anyone" and it was December, so I just went for it. 

oops I misread your first post.

and what I was referring to is http://www.dressember.org/mission/ (and apparently not just aimed at child slavery)

Fun story - I once played a fundamentalist Christian girl in a play, and during rehearsals I turned up in a striped maxi skirt (because it was clean, let's be real) and the director just goes 'Oh Front Hugging Fiend! Are you providing your own costume?! That's perfect! You look ridiculous!'. 

I just nodded and buried my face in my script for the first five minutes. Not out of shame, I just had a mental image of myself marrying into Fundie-hood and disappointing the Bateses and Duggars with my overuse of the f-word. AND IT WAS GLORIOUS.

13 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Belly.png

RAISE AND PRAISE!!!!!!!!! I haven't heard that in AGES. 

I think I just had a war flashback....

13 hours ago, Yes, TOTALLY said:

^That is hilarious. 'Intoxicated by bellies' should be a post count haha.

12 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

The intoxicating belly! It brings to mind a youth-group experience. We (the girls) were taught a song that was titled "Private Square." The lyrics were:

No! Don't touch me there!

This is my private square!

I am the daughter of a king!

I'll save myself for a wedding ring!

While singing this song, you use a few hand motions. During the top line, you do the "STOP" hand sign, and for the second line, you draw an imaginary square that encompasses everything between your boobs and shame-box. The rest of it is just general snide finger waving, and oddly suggestive hip-swinging. 

:wham: "Intoxicated by Bellies" and "Touching My Own Private Square" are our newest post count titles!

Target Question: "Is my shirt too tight?" 

Action: Take the tips of your fingers and press into your shirt, right where your ribs come together in the "valley" in the middle of your chest. When you take your fingers away, does your shirt immediately spring back like a small Smurf trampoline? If so, your shirt is too tight! 

Remedy: Try a different bra, since sometimes that can make a difference. But if it's still too tight get rid of that shirt. Buy your shirts based on fit, not size, because sizes can differ from brand to brand. 

I'm currently wearing a cape sweater (one of the LOOSEST articles of clothing out there), and it still is is Smurf trampolining because I'm a 34F.  I could wear a damn table cloth and I'd still be a Smurf trampoline!  

12 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

The intoxicating belly! It brings to mind a youth-group experience. We (the girls) were taught a song that was titled "Private Square." The lyrics were:

No! Don't touch me there!

This is my private square!

I am the daughter of a king!

I'll save myself for a wedding ring!

While singing this song, you use a few hand motions. During the top line, you do the "STOP" hand sign, and for the second line, you draw an imaginary square that encompasses everything between your boobs and shame-box. The rest of it is just general snide finger waving, and oddly suggestive hip-swinging. 

I seriously just did your choreography as explained. 

Hanging my head in shame now...

12 hours ago, Alye said:

Maybe its because I'm in Australia and hot days top 40 degrees celsius but as much as I love them I don't find maxi-skirts any cooler than pants in summer, all they do is block the breeze which is the only thing refreshing on those days.

Slits make all the difference. Seriously, I have maxi skirts/dresses with slits and without, and those without slits get really hot, while those with slits are perfectly breezy! That said, I still think maxis are better for 23 - 30 degree weather than for anything over 30. If we're talking about 40 degrees, you better believe I'll be wearing as little fabric as possible. :)

2 hours ago, JillyO said:

Slits make all the difference. Seriously, I have maxi skirts/dresses with slits and without, and those without slits get really hot, while those with slits are perfectly breezy! That said, I still think maxis are better for 23 - 30 degree weather than for anything over 30. If we're talking about 40 degrees, you better believe I'll be wearing as little fabric as possible. :)

Where do you live?  In the US, 23-40 degree temperatures is winter weather so I assume you're abroad.  

1 minute ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Where do you live?  In the US, 23-40 degree temperatures is winter weather so I assume you're abroad.  

It is probably 23-40C which is indeed summer weather. 

2 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Since the poster I quoted is Australian and was using Celsius, I did the same.

3 hours ago, snarkykitty said:

I seriously just did your choreography as explained. 

Hanging my head in shame now...

That's the spirit!

8 hours ago, Antimony said:

I learned this at a secular summer camp but a decidedly different version. The hip sway and finger wagging and STOP hand were the same but it was

STOP, don't touch me there

This here is my private square 

R-A-P-E, keep your hands away from me!

It's reassuring to know that someone, somewhere, was enduring an even more traumatizing version of this song.

The "This here" part has me curious... are you from the rural South (I am, for the record), or was this camp merely run by hillbillies? I can't imagine anyone saying "this here" without spitting tobacco juice immediately afterward.

I learned the secular version at school (because we got up to weird chants and songs at the back of the playground) and we always chanted it as "no-no square".

Marriage was originally about the ownership of property. What if all this save it for marriage and modesty bullshit was really about treating women like property? :pb_eek:

27 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

That's the spirit!

It's reassuring to know that someone, somewhere, was enduring an even more traumatizing version of this song.

The "This here" part has me curious... are you from the rural South (I am, for the record), or was this camp merely run by hillbillies? I can't imagine anyone saying "this here" without spitting tobacco juice immediately afterward.

Rural south indeed. I live up North now but the camp was rural and most students there came from rural schools.

13 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

re: the modesty stuff

As a mom to 3 girls (15, 12, 9), I find it hard to balance talk about modesty w/o coming off as judgy or slut shaming.   We aren't religious at all.  I just personally like to have myself mostly covered (always wear a bra, nothing very tight, no tank tops or shorty shorts in public), probably because I'm a bigger woman.  I generally try to tell them to stick to appropriate wear for the occasion (for example they have regular swimsuits or tankinis for the pool).  Not a rant, just something I struggle with sometimes.

I understand!!  

6 hours ago, felinefundie said:

Pretty much all I do is resemble a Duggar. I decided it would be interesting to do the Erika Shrupe 30 day skirts only challenge in December because I own tons and tons of modest skirts and dresses. It was an entire month of looking frumper-tastic. That being said, I love maxi-skirts, but I do look totally fundamentalist in them. Actually, I think most fundie girls might have better fashion sense than I do and that makes me very sad. 

I feel like we should do a challenge here, 30 days where we follow all their modesty rules but try to look as unfundie/immodest as possible and post all our outfits on a thread here.

"Raise and Praise" - Pretend you are "going for it" in worship?

Well, in the fundy light church I was raised in, you'd be sinning on two accounts: 1) Intoxicating belly show, and 2) Exhibiting too much defrauding emotion. Of course, showing too much emotion was warned against in the bible...right next to where Pa Keller pointed out that wine is actually Welch's or Great Value brand grape juice, and Jesus consecrated it exactly after two songs, one prayer, and a scripture reading, but before the felt-lined contribution basket was passed...

Ummm, what sick pervert would lust after a presumably 11-year-old female? Oh wait, that's right. Forgot about Josh Duggar...:irony:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived