IGNORED

Lady Lydia Videos

formergothardite

LL decorates old tree stumps! She really needs to get out of the house and do something for someone else. But that would go against everything she has built her life around. Her whole life has been about sitting at home waiting for people to drop by.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I am quite certain if Lady Lydia visited England she wouldn't recognize the place. Lol.

I think if she visited England, her head would explode.  

Lady Lydia is nuts.  

19 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Like we even give a shit!

Seriously, a fucking HURRICANE occurs and all she notices are people in baggy shorts and t shirts??

I don't know.  A few years back we had a tornado hit our area in the middle of the night.  It destroyed houses within our sight.  My first thought?  Whatevah will I wear, darling???  

Crazy bat....we were all standing out in our front yards in our pajamas.  Everyone was in a complete daze and no one gave a shit what anyone else was wearing.  

I can remember quickly putting bike helmets on our kids and doing our best to cover them so they wouldn't be hit by debris.  Then we counted the seconds until it was over (telling them that by the time we got to 20 it would be over and we'd be okay).  I'll be really honest- I was terrified, and my only hope was that we would all survive those 20 seconds. Not a lot of time to think about how you'll look on the news when you don't know if you'll make it through the night.  

And screw anyone who has the gall the think poorly of people who have just lost everything.  

8 minutes ago, Koala said:

I don't know.  A few years back we had a tornado hit our area in the middle of the night.  It destroyed houses within our sight.  My first thought?  Whatevah will I wear, darling???  

Crazy bat....we were all standing out in our front yards in our pajamas.  Everyone was in a complete daze and no one gave a shit what anyone else was wearing.  

I can remember quickly putting bike helmets on our kids and doing our best to cover them so they wouldn't be hit by debris.  Then we counted the seconds until it was over (telling them that by the time we got to 20 it would be over and we'd be okay).  I'll be really honest- I was terrified, and my only hope was that we would all survive those 20 seconds. Not a lot of time to think about how you'll look on the news when you don't know if you'll make it through the night.  

And screw anyone who has the gall the think poorly of people who have just lost everything.  

But what will the Europeans think of you??

4 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I would go crazy and make fairy bread.

what happened to all the acid rain we used to hear about when I was a kid?

Environmental regulations happened. 

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

It's really a pity.  LL is so obviously bored and unfulfilled without her children, and the lack of stimulation is certainly showing in her mental state.  She DOES have some nice skills...why not volunteer?  She could sew blankets/clothes for charity or teach etiquette classes at a community center.  I know a woman who volunteered going around to underprivileged schools/daycares holding various "parties" as a way to familiarize kids who may not get frequent sit down dinners at home with basic table manners. 

Honestly, ANYTHING is more productive than truck decorating!

But the BIBLE says she has to stay home and decorate trucks...with pomegranates

Exodus 28:33-35

"You shall make on its hem pomegranates of blue and purple and scarlet material, all around on its hem, and bells of gold between them all around: a golden bell and a pomegranate, a golden bell and a pomegranate, all around"

I don't know about the rest of you, but whenever a disaster occurs in my life the first thought that comes to my mind is "What would the Europeans think of what I am wearing?!" 

4 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I don't know about the rest of you, but whenever a disaster occurs in my life the first thought that comes to my mind is "What would the Europeans think of what I am wearing?!" 

And don't forget: unfashionable disaster wear is the LEADING cause of divorce and broken homes in this country.  Men would have NO reason to stray if their wives would just take a few extra moments to look presentable before fleeing their homes during a storm!

I think Lady Lydia has class and there's nothing wrong with that!  After all, it's boorish to wear shorts and t-shirts, even if it is during a hurricane.  Lady Lydia is probably very particular to always be wearing shoes so she won't be mistaken for some country bumpkin!

I imagine Lady Lydia was latraviata's favorite fundie.

On 2/10/2016 at 11:22 AM, formergothardite said:

Lady Lydia has started making videos about how to live like she does. She has a whole video practically devoted to the Victoria magazine. She used it for her homeschooling. They were just amazed when the magazine came out because it was printed on nice paper and had a page that showed a painting. They had never seen anything like that. The magazine also had houses with floor plans which they just loved. It seems like a lot of her homeschooling revolved around these magazines and trying to live like people did back in the "old days".

Classic SOTDRT curriculum!  Also, LL appears quite a bit younger (but no healthier) than I imagined her. For some reason I thought it was one of her adult daughters modeling her creations on her blog.

6 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I would go crazy and make fairy bread.

what happened to all the acid rain we used to hear about when I was a kid?

What is fairy bread?

Y'know, my first thought was also "acid rain".

8 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

It's all like "Downton Abbey" and Jane Austen, doncha know? ;)

And don't forget Beatrix Potter!

(But not that other Potter, Harry whats-his-name...)

57 minutes ago, Firiel said:

I think Lady Lydia has class and there's nothing wrong with that!  After all, it's boorish to wear shorts and t-shirts, even if it is during a hurricane.  Lady Lydia is probably very particular to always be wearing shoes so she won't be mistaken for some country bumpkin!

I imagine Lady Lydia was latraviata's favorite fundie.

Well, actually, one of the things I remember reading about having in an emergency kit is a pair of good, sturdy-soled shoes, because you might be walking around on splintered lumber and shattered glass.

What I remember about living in the South for a year was that it was *hot* and *humid* -- making tee shirts and shorts the perfect outfit for (barely) surviving the lack of A/C that would follow a hurricane. (I say "barely" because I don't do heat well.)

Lady Lydia is the perfect example of fundie thinking: Appearances Above All Else.

The funny thing is that the Victorians etc. would have been HORRIFIED by Lydia.  Gilded Age taste did allow for ornamentation, but it ought to be restrained and genuine.  To have a sparsely but WELL furnished room/table was perfectly acceptable.  And even the very wealthy dressed practically for daily wear. 

But cheap, ostentatious, overdone, etc. was the height of poor taste and breeding.  It was seen as desperate and tacky.  

They also were not frivolous.  You were expected to be productive, and if you were a woman of leisure, you were expected to use at least part of your time to benefit others or towards various social causes.  You certainly did not sit at home decorating stumps.  

Honestly, I learned more about Victorian America at age 10 from my Samantha books than Lydia ever has!

2 hours ago, refugee said:

What is fairy bread?

Sliced white bread with butter and sprinkles. Australians serve it to their kids at parties instead of cake. 

11 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Sliced white bread with butter and sprinkles. Australians serve it to their kids at parties instead of cake. 

No, no not instead of cake! We have cake as well as fairy bread. OMG - no self respecting child would have that instead of birthday cake - there'd be tantrums all round.

7 minutes ago, DaffyDill said:

No, no not instead of cake! We have cake as well as fairy bread. OMG - no self respecting child would have that instead of birthday cake - there'd be tantrums all round.

For all i know, the birthday cake hasn't crossed the ocean to Australia yet. :tw_tounge_xd:

I enjoyed this tongue in cheek article: https://munchies.vice.com/en/articles/australia-we-need-to-talk-about-fairy-bread

30 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

For all i know, the birthday cake hasn't crossed the ocean to Australia yet. :tw_tounge_xd:

I enjoyed this tongue in cheek article: https://munchies.vice.com/en/articles/australia-we-need-to-talk-about-fairy-bread

Haha! The article's awesome!

Fairy bread is just what every kid had at their birthday party a few years ago, and when I was growing up. Absolutely not the most healthy treat, but hey, it's party food. But we certainly do have birthday cakes. Since all the advent of all the crunchy granola type parents, I would imagine fairy bread has been replaced by some for hummus and carrot/celery sticks - better for you, but not as pretty. 

Did you notice that she covers her tablecloth with clear plastic?  How very tacky. Wash the damn cloth if something gets spilled. She even says the books she has read say it's not proper etiquette. But she does to protect the special tablecloths. If you can't give your best to guests, either don't bother with the special cloths or don't bother with the guests.

7 hours ago, Georgiana said:

It's really a pity.  LL is so obviously bored and unfulfilled without her children, and the lack of stimulation is certainly showing in her mental state.  She DOES have some nice skills...why not volunteer?  She could sew blankets/clothes for charity or teach etiquette classes at a community center.  I know a woman who volunteered going around to underprivileged schools/daycares holding various "parties" as a way to familiarize kids who may not get frequent sit down dinners at home with basic table manners. 

Honestly, ANYTHING is more productive than truck decorating!

This is my favorite post in this thread and I must also say that I love your Drunk Uncle avatar @Georgiana lol about the truck decorating.

new%2Btruck%252C%2Bteapot%252C%2BGoth%25

16 hours ago, formergothardite said:

In one of her videos she talks about how they used to have so much fun writing down all the things they owned and making lists about them.

A list of everything she owns?

I can do that!

• Socks
  • Socks
  • Socks
  • Socks
  • Socks
  • Socks
  • Shop vac
  • Blender
  • Screwdriver
  • Lamp
  • Crockpot

Okay I'm already bored. How is this possibly a fun activity?

4 hours ago, Kira said:

On 2/11/2016 at 6:49 PM, mango_fandango said:

Like we even give a shit!

Seriously, a fucking HURRICANE occurs and all she notices are people in baggy shorts and t shirts??

She had post after post after post about the un feminine women rescued from Katrina. A woman being air lifted out of a flood was her tool for vilifying women who wore shorts and t-shirts. The woman has passed insane. She is prime evidence of what happens when someone simply gives up and refuses to use any brain. She scares the shit out of me. I find it so hard to fathom that a human being such as she exists. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

A list of everything she owns?

I can do that!

• Socks
  • Socks
  • Socks
  • Socks
  • Socks
  • Socks
  • Shop vac
  • Blender
  • Screwdriver
  • Lamp
  • Crockpot

Okay I'm already bored. How is this possibly a fun activity?

Well, it just showed me that I have too much random stuff that I don't use. So, thanks, Lady Lydia? 

I had to google "foggy tea" and found this:

On this extra foggy afternoon, we are having raisin scones with clotted cream and orange marmalade. I have read about lemon, grapefruit or cherry marmalade but so far, have only tried orange marmalade, which is a perfect companion to raisin scones..

She has read about lemon and cherry marmalade but has never tried them? And she's 65? Every foodstore has them for a couple of dollars, I imagine it's the same in the US?

One of the comments:

I have not heard about the other marmalades,interesting! Your tea looks delicious,and thank-you for the tips on soaking raisins. Have a blessed day.
Christina

Who are these readers who have never heard about lemon marmalade? Raised by wolves? At least they manage to sound like they do come from the Victorian era when things like a magazine with pretty pictures or a jar of marmalade made from exotic fruit was something new and exiting. 150 years later, not so much.

2 hours ago, Clementine said:

I had to google "foggy tea" and found this:

She has read about lemon and cherry marmalade but has never tried them? And she's 65? Every foodstore has them for a couple of dollars, I imagine it's the same in the US?

One of the comments:

Who are these readers who have never heard about lemon marmalade? Raised by wolves? At least they manage to sound like they do come from the Victorian era when things like a magazine with pretty pictures or a jar of marmalade made from exotic fruit was something new and exiting. 150 years later, not so much.

I haven't heard of them.... Maybe they're not a thing in Britain. Over here it's mostly jams and curds.

ETA: Ah yes, i think the terminology is different. Is what we call jam what you call marmalade? IDK.

English have marmalade! it's called breakfast marmalade (pretty much citrus jam, preferably with the zest in it). I've seen lemon marmalade in London and Manchester before. Usually it's grapefruit or mixed citrus though.

cherry marmalade is something I had never heard of - from what I saw from a recipe it is cherry and citrus. It sounds weird. I think I'd just prefer cherry jam

Scots have marmalade too but as OnceUponATime says it's citrus based- orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit- with the peel in (thick or thin sliced) so it's sweet and tart.  I haven't heard of a non-citrus marmalade though.

Archived