IGNORED

Lady Lydia Videos

formergothardite

Lady Lydia has started making videos about how to live like she does. She has a whole video practically devoted to the Victoria magazine. She used it for her homeschooling. They were just amazed when the magazine came out because it was printed on nice paper and had a page that showed a painting. They had never seen anything like that. The magazine also had houses with floor plans which they just loved. It seems like a lot of her homeschooling revolved around these magazines and trying to live like people did back in the "old days". 

She has six videos up, but I haven't watched them all. They are on the boring side. 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lady Lydia is cracking me up. "It encouraged beautiful living." She seems like a sweet lady. I don't know much about her. 

So now I'm picturing her with decades worth of dusty Victoria Magazines indexed and stored on her bookshelves - probably in magazine holders covered in doilies and pink fabric.

Does she realize that if any of her children wanted to be architects they'd have to go to university and get into an architectural program?  Victoria magazine would not suffice for their education neither would puzzles and games.  You need to learn the subject systematically.

She's crazy, and not in a good way. And I always think it's weird when people constantly talk about the good old days, it always makes me think they lack something in their present life. Except old people, I understand why they talk more about the past :) And also, the life she describes was only possible for a select few, families lived together because they had to, not necessarily because they liked each other.. 

1 hour ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Lady Lydia is cracking me up. "It encouraged beautiful living." She seems like a sweet lady. I don't know much about her. 

She is not a very sweet lady. She used to do a lot with Ladies Against Feminism and believes in the version of history where slave women sat in their homes happily caring for their babies and keeping their cabins cozy while the only the men were out working. She has a very distorted view of history because reality doesn't fit into her rose filled life. 

25 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

She is not a very sweet lady. She used to do a lot with Ladies Against Feminism and believes in the version of history where slave women sat in their homes happily caring for their babies and keeping their cabins cozy while the only the men were out working. She has a very distorted view of history because reality doesn't fit into her rose filled life. 

Ahh, Lydia -- the oh-so-Christian lady who joined an equally Christian reader in criticizing women of New Orleans for not dressing well in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. I'd link you to the original blog entry but -- oopsies! -- looks like it's gone bye-bye!

Never fear, though, you can still read the now-vanished post here courtesy the WayBack Machine (just scroll down to the "Letters, Letters!" entry.

Her reader says:

I’m sure you have been watching scenes from Katrina victims. I kept hoping I would see some lady fleeing the hurricane in clothes which looked presentable. Instead, the images I was presented were almost uniformly an ugly tee-shirt combined with these big shorts. Can you imagine having only those clothes on your back and nothing else? When will the women of our country wake up? No wonder marriages are falling apart.

And Lady Lydia agrees wholeheartedly, responding as follows:

I've heard people say "I wouldn't be caught dead in that outfit." As a people, we used to be concerned with the impression and the influence we left others at our passing. I'm not suggesting we get all dressed up for a hurricane, but if those clothes which provide dignity and coverings are the only thing in our closets and the only thing available to us, we won't be caught in a storm with the big shorts, saggy tee shirts and flip-flops. Tragedies always bring scenes of ripped and dirty clothing, but I think it is very telling about our morals and values when we allow our women to trapse about in nothing but garments that would have been underwear a hundred years ago. What a sight we are presenting to the overseas telly-viewers. I'm so embarrassed that these scenes are perceived by Europeans who look up to our country and admire us, as representative of us! 

Oh FFS. I don't need another rabbit hole. My current hate-reads make me stabby enough as is...

FUCK YOU YOU IGNORANT WITCH.

@happy atheist Please do. You're brilliant with post count titles!! 

Oh, hoipolloi... That post never gets old, I tell ya. :pb_lol: 

My husband was commenting on the looks of the elderly women in a farmer's market we visited today. They seemed to have no idea what their rear ends looked like with their pull-up pants and big shorts that looked like giant diapers.

Tell your husband to stop looking at elderly women's asses, you stupid bitch. 

I guess I expected her to be daintier. When she was wearing the yellow cardigan with hair ribbons, she looked like somebody I would sit next to on a long bus ride cuz she seems interesting to talk to and confident in her weirdness but I would likely regret it rather quickly.

I believe beauty is important to and you don't need loads of money to achieve it. Her message is a good one, but the whole magazine thing is so odd. I wonder if her kids were as excited about the magazine as she remembers it. 

In her video about being confident at home she recommends not watching the news or listening to anything negative because it can immobilize you so you can't do anything. Lady Lydia doesn't really seem to do much outside her house and the few friends who come to her "tea parties". I wonder if she has anxiety problems. 

Y'all are way braver than me.  I check her blog every once in awhile and I saw the videos, but I just couldn't bring myself to watch them.  

7 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Y'all are way braver than me.  I check her blog every once in awhile and I saw the videos, but I just couldn't bring myself to watch them.  

The worst part is that they are boreing. there is a little voice in the back of my mind  that naggingly  tells me I'm wasting precious minutes of time I will never get back.

2 hours ago, happy atheist said:

I went with "Impressing Europeans with my Hurricane Dress Code"

Like we even give a shit!

Seriously, a fucking HURRICANE occurs and all she notices are people in baggy shorts and t shirts??

If she can spend hours going over the "Favorite Things" page trying to figure out how to duplicate such decorations in her home she has/had WAY too much free time.

Archived