Jump to content
IGNORED

Josh Duggar part 12 - Everyone has unclean hands...Go wash!


Recommended Posts

luv2laugh
15 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

But is he "sweet" enough to bring back on TV or be seen in public with the rest of the family? I wonder about that. Just because he didn't assault Danica doesn't mean that he didn't molest five girls and spend money to cheat rather than on his growing quiver, both of which he did admit too, albeit among a lot of Jesus talk. A lot of leghumpers justify bringing back the show by saying that the other Duggars shouldn't be punished by Josh's misdeeds, which is an implicit admission that what Josh did should excuse him from further appearances. It's one thing for Jimmy Swaggart to continue his public career after being repeatedly caught with adult prostitutes, quite another thing for Josh to continue the Duggar "ministry" after admitting to molesting his sisters, one of whom was five. A Josh redemption show would be difficult if not impossible to pull off successfully for TLC, especially if he falls off the "redemption wagon" with another scandal or just decides he's tired of Anna and his family. Even if he did "stay sweet," he's a reminder of how how dysfunctional the Duggars are. If he's out of the picture (or at least, off camera), the "wholesome Christian family" facade can at least be maintained somewhat.

Everyone has forgotten about the molestation because of the Danica and AM scandals and that is what TLC wanted, hence, the focus of the AM scandals in the specials. Danica Dillon dropping the suit when "client has evidence was not in the area when Dillon claims it occurred" just takes the cake and gives TLC the go ahead to include Josh now. Indeed, she has just made Josh's a** look sweeter than Mother Theresa. This now gives TLC the go ahead.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Bad Wolf

    21

  • Whoosh

    18

  • SilverBeach

    18

  • Flyinthesoup

    15

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So basically I couldn't resist...I have no self control. Prayer Closet for me

In nursing school, we were taught how to baptize someone. In the Emergency Department, we had bottles of Holy Water in every trauma room. I baptized one child, one time. The child was beaten to death

I think y'all are giving Josh too much credit. I don't think he's afraid of JB. I don't think he's planning to break out. He is, IMHO, doing what he's always done: he's doing the easy thing. Homeschoo

Posted Images

grifthouse

I'm so disappointed by this but I kind of knew it would happen. Someone very close to me is going through something similar (was raped by someone famous) and the shit you get put through is ridiculous. People call me all the time and scream about my mother being a lying whore and sometimes you just have to give up on persuing justice

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
socalrules

How would a show about Josh rebuilding his life even work? What will be different than when the show was on before he went to work for the hate group? He runs one of Jim Bob's businesses while Anna brings him lunch everyday? We have seen that. How is it rebuilding your life if everything is exactly the same? Further, talking about the cheating (I doubt he will discuss the molestation) will get old after awhile. No one has fogotten about the molestation. Child abuse is one of the few things people don't tend to overlook when you agave some type of notoriety. Josh isn't a beloved star that made a mistake and people are rooting for him, a la Robert Downey, Jr. Josh has nothing that people would want to see. The Duggars were always a one-trick pony act which has run its course. 

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
MarblesMom
8 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

That's a good point.  I just figured he went along with it because fight or flight...and he couldn't fight the media mess so escape was more appealing.  And I can imagine wanting to be anywhere doing anything if it got you out of the line of fire of JB and M, and earshot of what had to be one devastated Anna.  

But to your point who knows how effective the brainwashing is at RU?  I've just been of the opinion that you can't really change if you don't get to the root cause of why you did it in the first place...and i don't think you get to the root cause at a place like that.  He needs to understand his own head...not Satan's shenanigans.

What if.... this entire time we thought he was in rehab, Josh has moved on.... as in, working on changing his name, finding a new place to "start over..."  and the lawsuit media bomb distracted us from him taking care of some details in his personal life to just.... disappear into another version of his life.....?!  He could be selling cars in Florida at this point under the name of Sam Houston and we wouldn't even know...

TLC/Duggars could say (at the point he should be "released")  that "Josh wants to remain out of the limelight after rehab" -  perhaps a quiet divorce (or not, Anna will still cleave to the Duggar G-parents)... and life moves on....?

Just throwing out alternate endings to the saga..... I thought about one ending involving aliens and Josh being beamed up somewhere, but I am not 100% confident on the technology.

 

  • Upvote 20
Link to post
Share on other sites
HerNameIsBuffy
1 minute ago, MarblesMom said:

What if.... this entire time we thought he was in rehab, Josh has moved on.... as in, working on changing his name, finding a new place to "start over..."  and the lawsuit media bomb distracted us from him taking care of some details in his personal life to just.... disappear into another version of his life.....?!  He could be selling cars in Florida at this point under the name of Sam Houston and we wouldn't even know...

TLC/Duggars could say (at the point he should be "released")  that "Josh wants to remain out of the limelight after rehab" -  perhaps a quiet divorce (or not, Anna will still cleave to the Duggar G-parents)... and life moves on....?

Just throwing out alternate endings to the saga..... I thought about one ending involving aliens and Josh being beamed up somewhere, but I am not 100% confident on the technology.

 

If you were an alien and had 7 billion earthlings from which to chose, would you pick Smuggar? :) 

  • Upvote 31
Link to post
Share on other sites
MarblesMom

Could be a prisoner exchange deal.... goodness knows current Earthlings have made worse trades.    Or perhaps the aliens aren't that evolved .... or don't have TLC.  (And not meant to diss aliens, from any planet.  Nanu Nanu)

Alternatively, perhaps the aliens feel our pain, and offer to send him to the 7th Quark Of Darkness because they kinda like us as a planet.  You know, just to be nice.

  • Upvote 17
Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenbutt

I think he went to RU.....got a rockin hard body, maybe shaved his head, got a tan and is now a bartender at a swimup bar in the Caribbean. All the "immodest" women he wants.

Really, I think he could be gone, leaving Anna under JB's headship, sending some (not much) money and living out his fantasies as Anna waits for him to return someday. 

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Bethella
16 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If you were an alien and had 7 billion earthlings from which to chose, would you pick Smuggar? :) 

He'd make a really interesting case study!

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
WhyNotJulie

This might be an unpopular opinion but I'm not surprised at all that Danica Dillon dropped the lawsuit (or rather, that her counsel advised her to drop the lawsuit). The whole situation always seemed a bit unbelievable / opportunistic. The allegations may have been true, I suppose... but it certainly seemed like she just saw an opportunity to tap into the Josh Duggar Disaster cash cow and wanted to see what she could get. 

To be honest I would have assumed that Josh's defence would have been that it was consensual sex, rather that he wasn't-even-in-the-place where it happened. You'd think that Danica's lawyers would have at least ensured that basic facts were correct and plausible before making front page news out of a Duggar/porn star rape allegation.

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mothership
25 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

I think he went to RU.....got a rockin hard body, maybe shaved his head, got a tan and is now a bartender at a swimup bar in the Caribbean. All the "immodest" women he wants.

Really, I think he could be gone, leaving Anna under JB's headship, sending some (not much) money and living out his fantasies as Anna waits for him to return someday. 

Headed to the Caribbean on Sunday...I'll do my best to track him down!

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
CyborgKin
2 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Everyone has forgotten about the molestation because of the Danica and AM scandals and that is what TLC wanted, hence, the focus of the AM scandals in the specials. Danica Dillon dropping the suit when "client has evidence was not in the area when Dillon claims it occurred" just takes the cake and gives TLC the go ahead to include Josh now. Indeed, she has just made Josh's a** look sweeter than Mother Theresa. This now gives TLC the go ahead.

Hmm...

What if she was put up to starting and eventually dropping the lawsuit as a 'media campaign' to distract everyone?  Cos it seems to be working.

Edited by CyborgKin
stupid touchscreen
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I'm inclined to agree.  I'm pretty sure that Jim Bob will want to keep Josh relatively invisible, to try to salvage what he can of the family's reputation and marketability.  I think Josh will initially be assigned as Ben's underling, then will be tucked away at Big Sandy or an overseas mission.  He'll have basic employment, with the assurance that Daddy won't let his family starve, as long as he (Josh) stays quiet and out of trouble.

Yeah, Josh is going to be one of those seen but not heard children. After the little TV speech he has to give for TLC to reinstate the Duggar show in some form Josh will be rarely seen. He could easily disappear for awhile on a SOS Mission trip to Africa or Asia with (or without) Anna and the kids. Or he will get a desk job behind the scenes at some ATI business in another state, but I bet Jim Bob will want him checked in on often.

Josh could go to college or get into a real job training program, but I doubt he would. It would be a hard road truthfully admitting you did something wrong and starting over from square one. It's easier to live off Jim Bob's TV show money and hide in the background saying you're sorry when you're not. Bet he will take the easier road. Cheat again within a year. Then what? See if he can join the army?      

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
EmCatlyn

I've got to say that I like the alien abduction theory.  :sci-fi-grayalien: What I have found really impressive about the whole "Christian Rehabilitation" thing is how successful they have been at keeping Josh out of the public eye.  You would think someone would have caught sight of him at church or mowing the lawn at RU.  So he could just as easily have been abducted by aliens.

For all we know, RU is really a front for a bunch of armless aliens who need humans on their planet to open jars and turn doorknobs for them.  They pretend to offer Christian rehab, but in fact they just do some sort of psychic thing on them that make them forget the alien planet and think they have lost their craving for porn or whatever with the help of Jesus.

Seriously, what I have learned during the past few months is that the Duggars are very good at hiding themselves.  In addition to the mystery of "Where is Josh?" we have had the mystery of "Where did Jill and Derrick go to be missionaries?" and the whole sequence of reports about Anna having gone to be with her parents when in fact she was at the TTH.  And now there is the new mystery of have Jill and Derrick returned.

I would not surprise me if, after Josh gets out, the public doesn't  find out for a few weeks.  And then one day he and Anna will be interviewed by Megan Kelly and it will turn out that he's been in Arkansas for X weeks and he is working in his dad's real estate business or whatever.  

In short, the Duggars seem to excel at exposing parts of their lives that most of would keep private (childbirth for example) and concealing the things they really want to hide.  Consider how successfully they kept the molestation secret for more than ten years of "Wholesome Family" fame.  

He probably wasn't abducted by aliens, but if he was, we may never know. :kitty-wink:

 

  • Upvote 15
Link to post
Share on other sites
Sweet Fellowship

It was mentioned in an earlier post that Smugs could be scared of JB. I don't think he is. Josh had the cojones to molest his sisters, cheat on his wife, look at pornography and allegedly attend strip clubs. At this point I don't think Josh will redeem himself. I don't think he'll be toeing the line for too long.

  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
InThePrayerCloset
14 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I see that, or him becoming twice as crazy religious to appease his parents. I firmly believe he's terrified of JB. 

I agree, i believe he'll go to either extreme - leave or become even more fundamentalist (if that is possible). I have a feeling that the patter of any new M kids feet will be a key indicator of which way he will go.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
nokidsmom
6 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I've got to say that I like the alien abduction theory.  :sci-fi-grayalien: What I have found really impressive about the whole "Christian Rehabilitation" thing is how successful they have been at keeping Josh out of the public eye.  You would think someone would have caught sight of him at church or mowing the lawn at RU.  So he could just as easily have been abducted by aliens.

For all we know, RU is really a front for a bunch of armless aliens who need humans on their planet to open jars and turn doorknobs for them.  They pretend to offer Christian rehab, but in fact they just do some sort of psychic thing on them that make them forget the alien planet and think they have lost their craving for porn or whatever with the help of Jesus.

Seriously, what I have learned during the past few months is that the Duggars are very good at hiding themselves.  In addition to the mystery of "Where is Josh?" we have had the mystery of "Where did Jill and Derrick go to be missionaries?" and the whole sequence of reports about Anna having gone to be with her parents when in fact she was at the TTH.  And now there is the new mystery of have Jill and Derrick returned.

I would not surprise me if, after Josh gets out, the public doesn't  find out for a few weeks.  And then one day he and Anna will be interviewed by Megan Kelly and it will turn out that he's been in Arkansas for X weeks and he is working in his dad's real estate business or whatever.  

In short, the Duggars seem to excel at exposing parts of their lives that most of would keep private (childbirth for example) and concealing the things they really want to hide.  Consider how successfully they kept the molestation secret for more than ten years of "Wholesome Family" fame.  

He probably wasn't abducted by aliens, but if he was, we may never know. :kitty-wink:

 

RU might might as well be a front for human abducting aliens, it's been pretty amazing that Josh has been completely out of sight for months at a place where he most likely is.   And it's not just that he's not been seen working or at church, it's been that no one else there has reported seeing him.  Considering how long he's been there, there has to be participants who quit or were released from the program during that time.  Once outside of RU, they would be free to speak about it and no one has come forward saying anything.  Which is why I suspect he's being kept separate from the population, JB has the money and the influence to work out a special deal if he wanted.  And he would want such a deal to keep Joshley hidden based on the whole idea of the family hiding the parts of their lives when they want to.  

Agree that Josh might turn up back in AR and will have been there for some time by the time the news of his release comes out. 

 

Edited by nokidsmom
riffles before morning coffee
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
MarblesMom
7 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

For all we know, RU is really a front for a bunch of armless aliens who need humans on their planet to open jars and turn doorknobs for them.

I am not sure I want to touch a doorknob myself now, knowing that Josh possibly touched it.  Sometimes, there just isn't enough Purell.

 

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
tsukinokawa
10 hours ago, grifthouse said:

I'm so disappointed by this but I kind of knew it would happen. Someone very close to me is going through something similar (was raped by someone famous) and the shit you get put through is ridiculous. People call me all the time and scream about my mother being a lying whore and sometimes you just have to give up on persuing justice

really sorry to hear about this, I hope your mother will be strong. 

  • Upvote 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Everyone has forgotten about the molestation because of the Danica and AM scandals and that is what TLC wanted, hence, the focus of the AM scandals in the specials. Danica Dillon dropping the suit when "client has evidence was not in the area when Dillon claims it occurred" just takes the cake and gives TLC the go ahead to include Josh now. Indeed, she has just made Josh's a** look sweeter than Mother Theresa. This now gives TLC the go ahead.

The sponsors are gone.  TLC has shown they bend over for the Duggars, but the sponsors have not.  TLC won't touch Joshley, and probably his parents also, for quite some time.

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
gustava
11 hours ago, nst said:

I love a challenge 

Snooki

Betheny Frankel

Travis Stork 

Duck Dynasty 

Brandi Glanville 

Trisha Sutter

Theresa Giudice

Lauren Conrad

Kris Jenner

 

Thanks.  I should have been more clear.  I was thinking of shows such as K8 and Honey BooBoo.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Charliemae
13 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Well now that this is trending on Facebook, she's making Josh look as rosy and angelic as ever. Just look at the majority of the comments that are about supporting him now. Congratulations, Danica, you have now just made Josh Duggar's a** look sweeter than Mother Theresa. This exactly what TLC needed.

This is what's making me crazy!  The court of public opinion has a short attention span.  It's like everyone has forgotten the 2 scandals that came out before anyone knew who Danica was. Since this case was dropped it must mean that Josh is innocent of all wrongs.  :huh:

  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
Georgiana
10 minutes ago, Charliemae said:

This is what's making me crazy!  The court of public opinion has a short attention span.  It's like everyone has forgotten the 2 scandals that came out before anyone knew who Danica was. Since this case was dropped it must mean that Josh is innocent of all wrongs.  :huh:

This is why I think that there should be a restructuring in terms of confidentiality and court cases.  While I do believe that actual trials should be accessible to the public, the pre-trial process (while the case is undergoing investigation/both sides are submitting evidence) should be confidential.  If the case ends up being unsubstantiated, the accused and their families should not have to endure MONTHS of being dragged through the mud.  This would also make it harder for people to submit claims for extortion purposes as right now, false accusers can bet that many public figures will pay out rather than endure media and public scrutiny for months on end while the justice system swings into gear.  

After the Patrick Kane fiasco earlier this year, I was incredibly skeptical of this case.  There was no logical reason to be, but that's how people are.  Well publicized false claims like this increase distrust of ALL cases, which hurts everyone.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
nokidsmom
19 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Yep.  Honestly for all the talk of Anna leaving Josh I never saw that happening...I think he'll leave her.

Not immediately, I think he'll stick it out for a while but if there is no real "redemption" (meaning everyone forgives absolutely and pretends it never happened - no consequences either on the home or employment front) it might well be just too hard.

To live a life you don't want and play by someone else's rules is hard enough -  and now with a lot less perks and 100% more monitoring and side-eye?  At some point it would make sense to say fuck it, file for divorce and hammer out a custody/visitation deal and be done with it.  

IMO I think he'd move past it faster if he did break.  Not going to be easy to get a job, lack of skills and the publicity and stuff, but a lot easier in the secular world than the cult.  if he gets one in the cult will it be based on lecturing of his path back from Satan's Ice Capades...or whatever the expression was?  Whether he feels true remorse or not, he's got to be embarrassed.  Who would want to make a living constantly talking about your most shameful actions?  I think most people would really want to let that go and not marinate in it for the rest of their life.

Honestly - I think if he stays and how long he stays will depend on the financial situation.  How much will JB or TLC (total speculation based on nothing) shell out just to keep him quiet and on the back burner while they milk every last nickle out of the show?  A different kind of hush money as in - you just sit in the corner and hush.

To the bolded: this is exactly how I envision it happening for Josh.  He's going to get real tired of being reminded of his sins in some form or another every.single.day indefinitely.  Granted, given what he has done, it's unrealistic in any case to expect there to be complete and total forgiveness from everyone in the family and to have everyone pretend it never happened.  There's going to be a new normal there's no way around that.  If he is expecting things to be the same, he will be disappointed.  OTOH, sooner or later, the family has to adjust to the new normal, putting Josh through a daily walk of shame forever is no good for anyone.   If Anna wants to work on her marriage then having him shamed at every turn (even if she's not doing it herself but the family is) will not work.

Somehow I am leaning towards Josh dealing with the latter situation, because I sense all of the family are very very angry at him as being the primary cause of derailing the gravy train.  There's a lot of emotional baggage that hasn't been dealt with from the molestations.   He's been unfaithful to his wife and broke her heart.   He has laid bare the rottenness that is behind the "wholesome Christian" family.  He will be going home to a lot of angry people whom I don't think will let him forget it.

 

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Boogalou locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • Recent Status Updates

    • choralcrusader8613

      choralcrusader8613

      I am going to scream or commit a crime. Why is Driscoll still a thing?!
      CW: misogyny, sexual gross, TMI
       
      · 0 replies
    • Maggie Mae

      Maggie Mae

      Where is the lost and found thread? I want to talk about the Wilkersons (simple living ak) but I'm not sure which thread or where to post. 
      · 5 replies
    • HerNameIsBuffy

      HerNameIsBuffy

      I bet no fundy mom every got such a touching Mother's Day tribute...

      Wishing everyone who celebrates a happy Mother's Day...and some extra love to others out there missing their mom's today, too.
       
      · 2 replies
    • Jasmar

      Jasmar

      My uncle just died from COVID. He wasn’t that much older than I am, so I kind of grew up with him. Just ten days ago my mom had been pleading with him to get vaccinated, but he wanted to wait to make sure the shots were really safe. I’m kind of devastated.
      · 6 replies
    • PumaLover

      PumaLover

      I just found out my little bonus kid is in a treatment center on a suicide watch tonight. He and I share a hobby and a couple weeks back he opened up to me that he's severely depressed and was wanting to hurt himself. I let his parents know and thankfully he had also been talking to them. I'm just heartbroken because him being in this center means that his parents had to call 911 and have him admitted and I know that was so hard for them to do. He's a young kid and has his whole life ahead of him but just wants to end it all and I don't know how to help him. 
      · 6 replies
    • HerNameIsBuffy

      HerNameIsBuffy

      Middle aged woman with mommy issues...but missing her today.
      She got so much wrong with me, but she had the best intentions and tried so hard. 
      She got so much right, too.  I forget that sometimes.  Sometimes I remember and dismiss it out of spite.  
      “They did the best they could with the tools they had.”  I forgot where I first heard that but I’ve carried it with me like a mantra since my parents passed.   They truly did.  Whatever else was missing, whatever I needed that they couldn’t give, the love was always there.  

      Always. 
      That’s something.
      My confidence in my own abilities.  Faith in my own power.  My own strength.  They gave me that, too.
      That’s also something.  
      They’re why I’m messed up, but they’re also why I’m okay.  
       
      Shit’s complicated.
      She died before I figured out how smart she really was.  Sad thing is I don’t think ever figured that out for herself.  
      Ignore me - just crying in my car waiting to pick up my son.  

       
       
      · 1 reply
    • CuttySark

      CuttySark

      The nice thing about posting about Jewish history is how quickly it flushes out the antisemites. 😘
      · 2 replies
    • choralcrusader8613

      choralcrusader8613

      I've been feeling a shitload of this for a while now about various types of Christians tbh.

      · 0 replies
    • HerNameIsBuffy

      HerNameIsBuffy

      It's Friday so yay!  But sweet Jesus I need it to be the end of the day already.  Crappy week and I'm so ready for it to be over.

      · 0 replies
    • nst

      nst

      I got vaccinated yesterday. In the am I got the email and I was  vaccinated 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.