IGNORED

Josh Duggar part 12 - Everyone has unclean hands...Go wash!

HerNameIsBuffy

15 hours ago, Manda said:

No Josh sightings yet? I thought someone would have seen him somewhere by now.  Maybe he messed up and got extended.

I suspect he's messed up and gotten extended plenty of times while at RU.  Especially in the shower.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Carol said:

I suspect he's messed up and gotten extended plenty of times while at RU.  Especially in the shower.

*snerk* :pb_lol:

17 hours ago, Manda said:

No Josh sightings yet? I thought someone would have seen him somewhere by now.  Maybe he messed up and got extended.

My hypothesis is that JD left AR at about 5pm (pick a date), landed at Rockford about 8pm (it's a three-hour flight, if memory serves), and got back to AR a little after 11pm. Getting on and off the plane and driving back to the TTH would happen in the dark making photos nearly impossible. Gotta keep everything on the down low.

4 hours ago, Bushes of Love said:

I'm finding it fascinating reading about everyone's religious backgrounds. I also get really confused and curious when I see American teenagers and young people talking about their Christian faith.

In the UK (certainly for my generation, which I guess would be the Millennials) it's not common for people to be a Christian or go to church. If you believed in god in primary or secondary school you were picked on. When I went to sixth form college at the age of 16, there was a girl on the course who was a Christian and regularly went to church. We actually spent a whole lesson pretty much interrogating the poor lass about it, with wonderful questions like 'what? You actually pray and stuff?!'. She was so sweet that none of us mocked her, she was actually quite a good friend to me considering I was going through a major goth phase and had inverted crosses and pentagrams on my clothing/drawn on my body with make up (yes, 16 year old me was a bit of a dramatic wanker).

I'm in my 30s now and would still consider it a bit weird if someone my age went to church. In my, for want of a better word, culture church services are made up of about 3 old ladies and a dull vicar on a Sunday morning. My parents and grandparents had no religion either and none of them were baptised or christened.

When I was a kid/teen, I thought people who talked about their religious beliefs were just trying to placate me. I thought it was similar to when older kids talk about Santa like it's real, even though they know better, to younger kids. It wasn't until my early 20's when it dawned on my that some people actually really believed. 

5 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I asked her once how they decided which one would convert, it seemed like such huge thing to do for someone.  She barely looked up from where she was kneading bread and said - "It was easy, honey.  He cared and I didn't.  Made life easier"   

I think that last part was a veiled reference to his very Irish Catholic family not taking the whole mixed marriage thing well to begin with.  

I can understand her stance. It is a similar situation with my husband and I. He is very Catholic and I was Pagan/Bhuddist when we met. We had many, many discussions and talks about our future while dating, literally EVERYTHING. Many people ask me how we can still get along married with our religious differences, and I tell them something similar to what she said: I don't really care. As long as he isn't trying to convert me and doesn't harm other people, I don't care what his religion is. Im strong enough in my own spirituality that it doesn't bother me at all. I like learning about other religions and beliefs. I attend Mass with him occassionally, but only because I absolutely adore the Father at his church who is absolutely NOT what I expected from a Catholic priest.

6 hours ago, Bushes of Love said:

I'm finding it fascinating reading about everyone's religious backgrounds. I also get really confused and curious when I see American teenagers and young people talking about their Christian faith.

In the UK (certainly for my generation, which I guess would be the Millennials) it's not common for people to be a Christian or go to church. If you believed in god in primary or secondary school you were picked on. When I went to sixth form college at the age of 16, there was a girl on the course who was a Christian and regularly went to church. We actually spent a whole lesson pretty much interrogating the poor lass about it, with wonderful questions like 'what? You actually pray and stuff?!'. She was so sweet that none of us mocked her, she was actually quite a good friend to me considering I was going through a major goth phase and had inverted crosses and pentagrams on my clothing/drawn on my body with make up (yes, 16 year old me was a bit of a dramatic wanker).

I'm in my 30s now and would still consider it a bit weird if someone my age went to church. In my, for want of a better word, culture church services are made up of about 3 old ladies and a dull vicar on a Sunday morning. My parents and grandparents had no religion either and none of them were baptised or christened.

I had a British friend and what you're saying all pretty well matches what she said. The thing I found surprising was that she had her kids baptized even though she and the father were both atheists, and the extended families weren't religious either, so it wasn't done to appease them (I did have my daughter baptized to appease my mom, which isn't something I would do now...that was 15 years ago and I don't think I've set foot in a church since). Is my friend just weird or is this something that is done?

2 hours ago, Kelsey said:

When I was a kid/teen, I thought people who talked about their religious beliefs were just trying to placate me. I thought it was similar to when older kids talk about Santa like it's real, even though they know better, to younger kids. It wasn't until my early 20's when it dawned on my that some people actually really believed. 

This describes me perfectly and to be honest, the whole thing still shocks me at times.  I mean, I get it and yet I don't totally.

Just now, Whoosh said:

This describes me perfectly and to be honest, the whole thing still shocks me at times.  I mean, I get it and yet I don't totally.

Yeah, basically for me I know people are being serious and they actually believe but I just can't take it serious. If by chance someone tries to talk to me about it, I generally just change the subject quickly. I'm just really not that interested.

I will however have a lengthy conversation with my sweet nephew about what his imaginary friend is ordering for lunch.

9 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

I had a British friend and what you're saying all pretty well matches what she said. The thing I found surprising was that she had her kids baptized even though she and the father were both atheists, and the extended families weren't religious either, so it wasn't done to appease them (I did have my daughter baptized to appease my mom, which isn't something I would do now...that was 15 years ago and I don't think I've set foot in a church since). Is my friend just weird or is this something that is done?

No your friend isn't weird. Most of my friends have had their kids christened, not for religious reasons just for the party and the gifts from friends. I know that sounds bad but you have to remember that baby showers aren't really a thing here, so it's the first required gift giving time of having a baby.

On 2/26/2016 at 6:10 PM, Four is Enough said:

I was married to an Episcopalian. I am a Roman Catholic. His unwillingness to raise any children we had as Catholic (we didn't thank God! have kids I mean) was one of the reasons I was able to secure an annulment after we divorced.

As closely aligned as those two sects are, it's pretty amazing that it could help derail a marriage..but second time around, I married the boy next door... yup. A Roman Catholic.

I was RC married to an Episcopailan.  Same thing.  Unfortunately, we had kids, and the waters are muddy.  Interestingly, all of my LT relationships post divorce have been with Catholics, not practicing, but Catholics.  

On 2/26/2016 at 5:48 AM, TShirtsLongSkirts said:

I had a much pared down version of this, too! I met a lovely American boy from Cali while I was on a conference (i'm from UK) and we immediately fell in love.  We spent a week in each others pockets and then I had to go back home.  Had a 2-3 month long relationship via email/skype.  I knew he was very religious, came from a large family and went to church a lot etc, and he knew that i wasn't into that at ALL, so we never really spoke about it (cultural differences, I guess?).  Then one day totally out of the blue I got an email from him saying I shouldn't run away from God's love and the love he'd been giving me was not his to give, I wasn't going to be saved, etc... It was kinda crazy to say we'd never really discussed religion before that point.  Needless to say I didn't speak to him again after that...

ETA: this was when I was 18 years old and naive, so, make of that what you will. :)

I dated a recovering Church of Christ guy for a while.  We never talked about religion, and I took him at face value that he was no longer religious but had been raised in a religious family.  After about a month, we finally had sex.  He cried afterwards, told me he had failed us both, and went off the rails.  

6 hours ago, Bushes of Love said:

No your friend isn't weird. Most of my friends have had their kids christened, not for religious reasons just for the party and the gifts from friends. I know that sounds bad but you have to remember that baby showers aren't really a thing here, so it's the first required gift giving time of having a baby.

You guys don't have baby showers?! Well, that would certainly eliminate the awkward "we aren't telling anyone the jinder of the baby, so you have to buy us neutral stuff." I think it's fascinating you guys don't do baby showers. I luff FJ, I learn so much! :)

On 2/29/2016 at 1:11 AM, Bad Wolf said:

My friend had a still born baby about 40 years ago. The RC priest camr to the hospital and told her it was her fault for not attending church regularly, and now that baby would have to be in purgatory. Hopefully they teach their priests better now.

Cradle Catholic here - I was taught that an unbaptised child went to Limbo until Judgment day - the implication being that there was no suffering in Limbo. I know that is no longer taught, but I am sure it was not replaced with a place of suffering and endurance, which is what we were taught is Purgatory. That sounds like a right bastard of a priest.

1 hour ago, FlamingFundie said:

You guys don't have baby showers?! Well, that would certainly eliminate the awkward "we aren't telling anyone the jinder of the baby, so you have to buy us neutral stuff." I think it's fascinating you guys don't do baby showers. I luff FJ, I learn so much! :)

From what I've seen of baby showers I'm really rather glad that we don't have them. They seem both twee and tedious!

You guys don't have baby showers?! Well, that would certainly eliminate the awkward "we aren't telling anyone the jinder of the baby, so you have to buy us neutral stuff." I think it's fascinating you guys don't do baby showers. I luff FJ, I learn so much! [emoji4]

From what I've seen of baby showers I'm really rather glad that we don't have them. They seem both twee and tedious!

They're tedious to attend, but if I was pregnant, hey, free stuff!

I don't mind the baby showers I've attended. But they aren't these over-the-top Pinterest parties I've seen. It's just food, chatting, and gifts. Nothing fancy.

I love baby showers and bridal showers. The stupid games every hates, yet wants to win,and the fantastic food. Never went to one I didn't enjoy or didn't love the food. Then again, most people I know will have it at someone's house and the family cooks all the food. The last one I went to had Panamanian food, it was so good I took a plate home. The thing is, these parties only had family and close friends invited. No one was inviting acquaintances or people they barely know so they can say they had 800 attend. It was a close knit group that made it more enjoyable. Then again, the weddings are like that too. 

24 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I love baby showers and bridal showers. The stupid games every hates, yet wants to win,and the fantastic food. Never went to one I didn't enjoy or didn't love the food. Then again, most people I know will have it at someone's house and the family cooks all the food. The last one I went to had Panamanian food, it was so good I took a plate home. The thing is, these parties only had family and close friends invited. No one was inviting acquaintances or people they barely know so they can say they had 800 attend. It was a close knit group that made it more enjoyable. Then again, the weddings are like that too. 

We don't have bridal showers here either. I think the closest we have is a hen night where the bride and her friends get really really drunk and it sometimes involves giant novelty inflatable penises.

When I got married I had neither, which I'm quite disappointed about. Even my (now ex) husband had a stag do, however that was just pizza and X Box games with his friends lol.

I admit that I am tired of toggling between different threads to see if he's out.  So I created this one in case there are any sightings.  I also can't believe I care this much, but that's on me. 

I'm curious about it, too. It's really too bad (for us--lol) they took the Cirrus private; we were able to infer a lot about their activity based on those flights.

Someone last week suggested that they could have quietly picked Josh up from Rockford while TLC distracted fans and snarkers by announcing the show's return.

10 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

The J-Files: The Josh is Out There

:my_biggrin: Love it.

I'm guessing they picked him up before the new show was was officially announced. I wonder if Josh had to sign some agreement with the network that he would stay out of trouble?

Baby showers are okay until they get to the part when presents are tediously unwrapped. That's when I start eyeing the exits. If you've seen one Boppy pillow unwrapped, you've seen them all!

20 minutes ago, meowmeow19 said:

I'm guessing they picked him up before the new show was was officially announced. I wonder if Josh had to sign some agreement with the network that he would stay out of trouble?

I'm literally laughing out loud right now.  I'm sure signing a piece of paper will keep him on the straight an narrow. Sort of like a marriage certificate....oh wait....

36 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

The J-Files: The Josh is Out There

Considering one of the X-Files' tag lines was "deny everything" this is fitting.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived