IGNORED

Cosmetic nostalgia

HerNameIsBuffy

What a great topic! Brings back memories. I think Ulta carries a version of ten-o six made by So Totally Clean. Also I think some company bought Bonne Bell and they are still making lip smackers. Saw them in Walmart at Christmas time. 

6 hours ago, clueliss said:

Lawrence Welk!!!!!

I won a contest and got to attend a concert (front row) and then meet Lawrence himself backstage.  He was probably surprised to see a teenager, and I was surprised to see how much stage makeup he was wiping off after the show.  Being a small town gal, I was totally in awe for the minute or two I was backstage.  Hope I didn't drool. 

10 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Clairol Herbal Essence

I can smell it now...

Debbie Gibson's Electric Youth perfume, Rave hair spray in a pump bottle, banana clips, and a set of Clairol Lock & Roll heated curlers. 

Clairil Herbal Essence is available in the original scent at Walmart.  They brought it back last Summer and I couldn't resist buying a bottle-ahh take me back to high school! Loves baby soft was my first perfume and I loved that stuff.  Lip smackers are still around-I put them in my 8 year old's stocking this year. :) There was a perfume from Victoria's Secret-peach hyacinth that I was obsessed with.  I wore it all throughout high school and still remember that scent.  

The Vermont Country Store has had a shampoo that is a clone of Herbal Essence.  I haven't seen it for a while in their catalogue though.  They do have a lot of "blast from the past" cosmetics including Max Factor Panstik makeup Tangee lipstick and Charlie perfume.

14 hours ago, Playagirl said:

Wow, what a walk down memory lane. Love's baby soft and Avon's sweet honesty were my first fragrances and I loved how mild they were. There was also an apple blossom which I think was from Avon and smelled wonderful. Yes to the original Clairol herbal essence shampoo. I also loved the scent of the original head & shoulders shampoo for some inexplicable reason.

I remember my mom being embarrassed by the Herbal Essence commecrcials....remember the campaign that had women making orgasm noises as they washed their hair?  Cracked me up how she would blush when they came on.

On February 6, 2016 at 6:07 AM, RosyDaisy said:

Maybelline Dial-a-Lash mascara, Kissing Potion, Loves Baby Soft perfume.

Kissing potion!  Yes - thank you!

6 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I remember my mom being embarrassed by the Herbal Essence commecrcials....remember the campaign that had women making orgasm noises as they washed their hair?  Cracked me up how she would blush when they came on.

YES!!!  YES!!! as she swings her hair around. I had forgotten about those commercials.

• 2 months later...

Aw, the memories. I remember Jane cosmetics and Jane magazine. I had 2 Caboodles. One for dance, and one for daily use. I had no love for Love's Baby Soft. I think I was in middle school when Designer Imposters were a thing. We had an Avon lady in the family. We were well stocked with Sweet Honesty, Skin So Soft, and a deodorant with a yellow cap. Shalimar reminds me of my Granny and Burberry was my mom's thing. My first grown up perfume was Beautiful. The boys were all into Drakkar Noir and Polo. 

Any of y'all remember Blistex Lip Revitalizer? It was the best in their line. I wish I would've hoarded them before they were discontinued.

• 1 year later...

I miss a lot of the "retired" Bath and Body Works scents, and I also miss Maybelline's Bouncy blush, maybe it's because it was one of the first makeup products I used?

• 6 months later...

Remember Sea Breeze astringent?  I loved that stuff.  

Cosmetics are so much better now than they were in the 80s and 90s.

Archived