IGNORED

Any People Here With Rosacea?

MyMilkshake

I've had Rosacea since my mid 20s and have had limited success with a few different gels and creams but I still have a lot of redness. I've been using Complex 15 as my moisturizer for years as it's the only one that doesn't make my face feel like a dried out mask, or break out. But I wonder if there's anything better out there? I'm also considering laser because I have some broken capillaries on my cheeks that look awful. 
Anyone find a good way of tackling this?

I have developed mild to moderate Rosecea.  On the advice of my doctor, I have been applying Calamine lotion to my face, and the difference has been like night and day.  My skin hasn't looked this good in a long time.  I hope it continues.

The one facial moisturizer that doesn't aggravate my redness or cause me to break out is Korres Pomegranate  Gel.

I use Rozex gel .75%.

I am in Australia and I need a script from the doctor for it. I use it twice a day and it's fantastic.  I am out of it at the moment as I haven't been able to get to the doctors and my face has been flaming and broken out so I really  need to get some.

I am bad I don't use moisturiser, however I do use "smartskin" fragrance free cleansing wipes to clean my face before applying the gel.

My doctor suggested nothing oil or alcohol based in the way of makeup / creams. I rarely use makeup so it hasn't been an issue. 

I also have to use sun screen ('cause Australia) and that is almost impossible to get an oil free version of, however I use a kids face one and that seems to work along with a wide brimmed hat.

I use some skinceutical products- phloretin cf, phyto corrective gel and redness neutralizer cream. I also get microdermabrasion and IPL a few times a year. These things help keep it in check but I still have redness but not nearly as bad as it once was. I never had much luck with any prescription medicine. 

Calamine lotion. Interesting I'll have to look into that. 

Sorry for going off thread however I was just wondering if everybody else has multiple skin weirdness.

So I have not only Rosacea but also Raynauls and also I have recently discovered the name of another skin weirdness dermographism. 

As I child / young adult I had no skin problems (although I think always dermagraphism) no pimples, maybe 1 or 2 leading up to my period but other than that excellent skin, now :pow:everything all at once. 

• 1 year later...

I suggest going to a dermatologist. They really do tend to be able to recommend the best products for your face type, and thus are able to help you find what's causing your rosacea. Until then, I'd use simple skin cleansers that don't irritate the skin like Cetaphil, and have a good moisturizer, sunscreen, and rosacea cream, and also invest in some green primer to help get rid of redness. 

Archived