IGNORED

Australian QF families?

Lillian

I saw an ad for a current affairs program that included a story about a family with 15 kids and wanting more. There weren't many details, but I'll watch tomorrow and see. Heads up to other Aussie FJers, watch A Current Affair on 9 tomorrow (monday)! (I promise that is the only time I will ever advertise for that program or Today Tonight.)

Besides for that, does anyone know of any other Quiverfull Australians? Any blog links?

I remember seeing a program about this family several years ago:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... plets.html

They have 11 kids as of 2009, including multiple multiples. I think the dad had some genetic condition that caused him to be sterile, so they used donor sperm along with fertility treatments to have kids. I don't remember getting a particularly religious vibe from them, so I'm not sure if they're strictly QF. They did want more kids to go with the 8 they already had at the time the program was on.

There was another blog, which has now been made private, from an Australian woman who left the quiverfull movement.

(OT, I was amyeh, but for some reason I got locked out, so I created a new account. Haven't posted much here under amyeh, but used to post at Yuku on occasion)

EDIT: Found it, and it's not private anymore. http://a-dragonfly-diary.blogspot.com/

I remember seeing a program about this family several years ago:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... plets.html

They have 11 kids as of 2009, including multiple multiples. I think the dad had some genetic condition that caused him to be sterile, so they used donor sperm along with fertility treatments to have kids. I don't remember getting a particularly religious vibe from them, so I'm not sure if they're strictly QF. They did want more kids to go with the 8 they already had at the time the program was on.

I saw them on Discovery Health at some point. They seemed crazy to me. They had IVF (I think) only months after their first set of quads.

Thanks for the info :D

Just watched the story on TV and the family they featured were definitely religious (no direct 'we want more blessings if God sees fit', but it showed them praying), but they didn't seem to be in the same fundie league as the Duggars. The three eldest (2 girls, 1 boy) work part time and the kids all go a local school. The father works in a well known large company, 6 days a week. They receive welfare but pay for private health insurance.

I should probably point out that the show the story appeared on (A Current Affair) is notorious for horrible journalism- blatant lies and glossed over stories, so perhaps the family is more fundie than they appeared but the show only wanted a light fluff story about the happiness of big families.

Archived