IGNORED

Creation Museum aims to triple in size

doggie

ignorance expands exponentially. 

http://www.fox19.com/story/31124399/creation-museum-aims-to-triple-in-size?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

New plans to expand the Creation Museum to nearly triple its size will go before the Boone County Planning and Zoning Commission Wednesday night.

The plans were presented last month and call for a major expansion.

The group wants to build a new parking lot and a new building, large enough to host traveling exhibits, which often require 15,000 to 20,000 square feet of space. They gathered input and made adjustments to the plan based on neighbors’ input.

The project is expected to take 3-years to complete and cost more than $15 million, which is expected to paid for through donations.

After the zoning and planning commission makes its recommendation, it will go to the Boone County Fiscal Court for approval.

The zoning and planning commission will vote on it tomorrow night.

Oh goody, we're one of the poorest states in the union and this is what people are going to donate to?

At least it'll give me an excuse to go back.

There's also a creation museum in Branson. I went to a small Christian college and we a speaker from that creation museum come talk to us. According to him, the "dragons" that are mentioned in the bible are really dinosaurs. That's about all I remember from his presentation. Side note: this creation museum was/is run by a man from England who has lived in the US for the last umpteenth years as a missionary. Apparently the Bible Belt doesn't have enough Christians . . .

Traveling exhibits? There are other Creation Museums with such fabulous collections they're willing to loan it would be a shame not to share, right?

9 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Triple in size?  Sounds like quite an evolution.

lets hope it is a dead end and fizzles out like the duck billed hippo.

10 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Triple in size?  Sounds like quite an evolution.

:dance:  I saw that!

When the new museum opens I propose a FJ trip there. We pick a weekend a few months away, to give everyone time to plan and save and organise themselves and then we all meet up and go through the exhibits together!

Thatd be worth flying over from Ireland for :56247955dd693_32(12):

3 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

When the new museum opens I propose a FJ trip there. We pick a weekend a few months away, to give everyone time to plan and save and organise themselves and then we all meet up and go through the exhibits together!

Thatd be worth flying over from Ireland for :56247955dd693_32(12):

The museum has a strict code of conduct. No snarking allowed. 

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2009/07/28/the-creation-museum-has-given/

I missed the part in the rules where frumpers are required. Could it be that wimmin are allowed to wear PANTS?

Do they feel the need to expand to compete with the Answers in Genesis Ark Encounter opening this summer in Kentucky??  And Hobby Lobby guy's Museum of the Bible opening next year in DC?

Its the survival of the fittest of the fundy attractions!!

PS I will be shocked if some Duggar or Bates kidult doesn't get shipped to one of these attractions some time to "work" as an intern.

Wouldn't it ironic if a museum of LGBT history opened next to the Museum of the Bible?

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Do they feel the need to expand to compete with the Answers in Genesis Ark Encounter opening this summer in Kentucky??  And Hobby Lobby guy's Museum of the Bible opening next year in DC?

Its the survival of the fittest of the fundy attractions!!

PS I will be shocked if some Duggar or Bates kidult doesn't get shipped to one of these attractions some time to "work" as an intern.

the only jobs they could possibly qualify for.

1 hour ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Wouldn't it ironic if a museum of LGBT history opened next to the Museum of the Bible?

I doubt a zoning board would allow it. could you imagine a rainbow museum close by? 

I am very curious what kind of exhibits they want to host, I can't think of many I have heard of that are even kind of related or okayed by creationism. 

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

If it's a Duggar kidult, he/she will have more freedom than at the TTH and should jump at the opportunity.  I'd ship Jer/Jed and older (unmarried) there.  

6 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Well, one of the lyrics to My Old Kentucky Home does say "and the people are gay".  

The first out and proud gay man I ever knew was from Kentucky, btw.  There was a big kerfuffle at UGA in the fall of '73 because he was an English grad student and as such was a TA for freshman English.  I wish I'd had him, but I did become friends with him.  Buck prevailed in his fight, I believe.

22 hours ago, doggie said:

the only jobs they could possibly qualify for.

I doubt a zoning board would allow it. could you imagine a rainbow museum close by? 

The Museum of the Bible is going to be in DC, 2 blocks south of the National Mall.  Why would the DC zoning board not allow a LGBT museum near it?  DC is very gay friendly city.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/local/wp/2014/01/06/the-advocate-says-d-c-is-the-gayest-city-in-america/

On 2/5/2016 at 5:31 PM, Mango said:

I was going to say "Well, at least Glen Rose might get some more tax dollars from tourism" but it's the wrong creationist museum....

I was thinking along similar lines.  The Mister and I drove past the Creation Evidence Museum [creationevidence.org/] on the way to a mountain bike race at Solavaca Ranch [solavaca.com] a few years ago.  The Creation Evidence Museum building is architecturally stunning.  Parking lot?  Empty.  creationevidence.org/

ALL of the action was just down the road at Dinosaur World!  Parking lot?  FULL! dinosaurworld.com/texas/

If you go to the second picture on the Dino World home page, the two screaming/laughing ladies next to the dinosaur made me smile.  I'd like to caption that picture,  "And then they told us the world is only 6000 years old....."

Love that country around Glen Rose, so very beautiful. 

Archived