IGNORED

Cuticle/nail moisturizers?

Hane

Can anyone suggest a lotion or cream that will keep my aging cuticles and thin, brittle nails in good shape? I apply lotion or hand cream three or four times a day, but need something with moisturizing superpowers!

One cuticle cream I love is from Badger, called Cuticle Care and it comes in a small tin. It's often found at health food stores, or sometimes Ulta.

cristine from simply nailogical raves about bliss kiss, and i've been really wanting to try it, myself as her nails seem to be really resilient. it comes in a fragrance-free formula, too, in case anyone is sensitive to smell.

here is her official review of the bliss kiss nail oil, if anyone is interested:

http://www.simplynailogical.com/2014/08/bliss-kiss-nail-oil-review-follow-up.html

On February 5, 2016 at 0:13 PM, AreteJo said:

I second RosyDaisy's suggestion for Vaseline.  I get the plain stuff and rub it in before going to bed.

Yep.  Love it when a great solution is also one of the least expensive.

I use Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream and simply rub a little extra onto each cuticle/nail. It keeps my hands and nails moisturized through hand washings, and isn't greasy at all.

• 1 year later...

I use Burt's Bees Lime Cuticle Cream on my horrendous cuticles and nails (I'm a biter and I tend to wear glitter polish) and the cuticles instantly look and feel better. For hands, I'd recommend Burt's Bees Hand Salve or almond milk moisturizer, both smell decent and really help with my dry hands (I work in a job where I wash my hands constantly, thus they get really dry)

Archived