IGNORED

Korean Beauty Products

purple_summer

Does anyone else here use any Korean skincare/makeup products? I'm starting to /actually/ take good care of my skin and sheet masks from The Face Shop have been my savior.

The only Korean products I've used are the Petitfee under eye patches (These ones). If you have puffy under eyes, they're great, I was wanting something more for dark circles though, so I'm planning on trying a different one (gold egf I think they're called? I have it saved on my amazon cart but I'm pretty sure it's gold egf). I blame bubzbeauty for making me want to "buy all the products!".

I had this fabulous TonyMoly peach lip balm, but I lost it. :doh:

It tasted and smelled EXACTLY like peaches and the packaging was so damn cute, too.

I need to stop losing lip balms.

14 hours ago, TheChibi said:

The only Korean products I've used are the Petitfee under eye patches (These ones). If you have puffy under eyes, they're great, I was wanting something more for dark circles though, so I'm planning on trying a different one (gold egf I think they're called? I have it saved on my amazon cart but I'm pretty sure it's gold egf). I blame bubzbeauty for making me want to "buy all the products!".

I've actually never bought any Kbeauty stuff from Amazon. We have a physical Face Shop in my city or I order online from Yesstyle. I know of some really good buying guides if you're interested in learning about other product lines.

11 hours ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

I had this fabulous TonyMoly peach lip balm, but I lost it. :doh:

I think I have a love/hate relationship with Tony Moly. Their packaging is great but their products are so-so imo.

16 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I love these: 

https://us.memebox.com/donkey-milk-skin-gel-mask-aqua

and SkinFood products. 

I had no idea there was a kbeauty monthly box....

On February 3, 2016 at 7:33 PM, TheChibi said:

Ohmygod, I love bubzbeauty! That girls adorable.

If you need a good foot treatment, I've used Shiny Foot by TonyMoly. For some good fun, Google Shiny Foot or Baby Foot(Chinese version) pictures. It's a foot peel and it works! 

On 2/3/2016 at 10:12 AM, purple_summer said:

I've actually never bought any Kbeauty stuff from Amazon. We have a physical Face Shop in my city or I order online from Yesstyle. I know of some really good buying guides if you're interested in learning about other product lines.

Sounds good! Sometimes it is really hard to learn about products/companies when you can't read the language.

I don't know how to quote two people but, @donnal I'm glad I'm not the only one who watches her stuff! I'm addicted to her vlogs, I didn't even know what they were before, but I love them now.

I love Kbeauty products so much, I have a bunch of different brands, makeup, masks, scrubs, and cleansers.  My absolute, hands-down favorite makeup item is the Kill Black liquid eyeliner by Clio.  It is cheap, doesn't smudge- even after 12+ hrs, comes off easily with makeup remover,  and lasts a really long time before needing a new replacement.  My other favorites are Etude House Pore Wonderful products, Skinfood black sugar scrub, Mizon Snail Recovery- black snail and eye caviar, Etude House Collagen eye patches and face masks,  Korean Instant Effortless Peel, and Banila products, specifically, their BB, CC, and V V creams. 

Tony Moly seems to be quite popular, IMO, because the packaging is so cute and it all smells delicious.  But the quality isn't anywhere near that of Etude House, Banila, SkinFood, Mizon, Missha and InnisFree.

• 1 month later...

I like sheet masks to supplement my skincare regime. I am always happy to try new under eye creams though. I find them at TJ Maxx usually. There are a few thing I want to try. @punkiepie now I have to look up v v creams. I am interested in trying a cushion but I have not found one that looks like a match for me.

• 3 weeks later...

I am obsessed with Innisfree masks!  They are pretty cheap per mask on Amazon, and I love that they are pretty much mess free.

Also, CLIO is my favorite liquid liner (it DOES NOT MOVE for dayyyyys) and I like their brow pen too.  Plus their Kill liners come with mascara or make up remover, and I love their makeup remover as it is so gentle and effective.  

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of the Mizon BB cushions- not sure how well they work for people darker than "fair," but I've pretty much retired my other BB creams and use this one. I also use the Sum47 solid cleanser, Cosrx AHA/BHA, and Benton Snail/Bee venom essence.

• 2 weeks later...
On April 19, 2016 at 0:36 PM, bea said:

I'm a big fan of the Mizon BB cushions- not sure how well they work for people darker than "fair," but I've pretty much retired my other BB creams and use this one. I also use the Sum47 solid cleanser, Cosrx AHA/BHA, and Benton Snail/Bee venom essence.

I am pretty fair with cool skin tones. Would you say the Mizon BB cushion would work or is it a beige undertone?

I am pretty fair with cool skin tones. Would you say the Mizon BB cushion would work or is it a beige undertone?

I think it would - its VERY light coverage, you need to layer to do anything but even out skin tone. I had to try a few before I found a match.

Target is now carrying Laneige skin care products, including their cushions. This is the US branch of a Korean company, and though I haven't tried any of the cushions, I love the Water Bank serum and sleeping pack. I'm mentioning this only because you can get samples of the Laneige colors at Target (at mine, anyway) and match before you buy. The "Light" is basically a dead white - I'm pretty fair, and I'm a "Fair/Medium" by their standards. Also, if you know your Laneige cushion shade, you'll have a much easier time guessing your Mizon shade. If you're anywhere near a Neiman-Marcus, they carry Sulawhasoo, which is very spendy Korean line - but again, it's free to get your cushion shade matched, and that can help you get the right color in other Kmakeup lines.

I love the Etude House cushions and basically each and every Korean lip tint. And I second Innisfree sheet masks. Also the skincare from Innisfree is great, I highly recommend the Green Tea line. 

I love the LEs some of the brands do. Cutesness overload, every single time.

After reading this thread and going down the rabbit hole of Korean products, I now own the Mizon black snail cream and the

petitfee under eye patchs. I have very fair, dry skin that is sensitive with occasional breakouts. The Mizon is great...I still need another night moisturizer over it, but after two days it's really toning down the red and improving texture. The eye patches Im reserving judgement on...I don't think I left them on long enough last night.

I ordered that snail cream earlier this week in an Ambien amazon oneclick prebedtime haze. It'll show up tomorrow. I'm trusting in fj on this one. I need something new and different in terms of acne/skin marks. And I do hope the snails are treated fairly. (I'm not entirely sure what that meant when applied to snails.)

I tried a different snail cream and I didn't care for it. Is the Mizon black snail cream better? 

Edit: That was a stupid question. By better, I mean, "what is the texture?" Is it thin, creamy, translucent?

the Mizon black snail is white and creamy, it goes on fairly light and thin and absorbs quickly. If you have dry skin like me I think you need additional moisture, at least at night.  I also bought the Mizon snail repair serum http://www.amazon.com/MIZON-Snail-Repair-Intensive-Ampoule/dp/B00AFMB0WA?ie=UTF8&refRID=3CJTSREZKF8JXC2Q7T51&ref_=pd_ybh_a_11 which is clear and a little slimy, but absorbs quickly. I'm using that on  chin and nose area. If you want more of a serum for spot treatment rather than a "cream", you might like that better

On 5/6/2016 at 11:11 AM, AliceInFundyland said:

I ordered that snail cream earlier this week in an Ambien amazon oneclick prebedtime haze.

Yes, Ambien and Amazon go hand in hand over here. I usually order books and makeup brushes in my haze.

I have dipped my toe into more kbeauty products by ordering the Benton Meme Box for myself & Miss GG. I need a rec for a product that helps hyperpigmentation. I get sun-induced melasma.

• 2 months later...
On 2/3/2016 at 8:08 PM, Jenisyys said:

If you need a good foot treatment, I've used Shiny Foot by TonyMoly. For some good fun, Google Shiny Foot or Baby Foot(Chinese version) pictures. It's a foot peel and it works! 

Agree! My girlfriend tried the Baby Foot version and her feet have peeled and look so much better! She feels much more confident going barefoot now which is great.

I also recommend Memebox for any kbeauty products. There is a US version of the website which has reviews in English, plus IIRC they also started to ship from San Francisco. My first order came like almost a week earlier than I expected. I really love the I'M brand lip products. They last a long time and leave a nice stain afterwords.

• 9 months later...
15 hours ago, Georgiana said:

expanding into Asian Beauty and skincare,

I am KBeauty obsessed. All my skin care products are Korean or Japanese. Snail mucin FTW!!!!!

32 minutes ago, SuhrEnity said:

I am KBeauty obsessed. All my skin care products are Korean or Japanese. Snail mucin FTW!!!!!

YESSSSSSSS!

People always give me a look when they find out about the snail mucin! I always respond with "I know, but this is cruelty free and sustainably harvested without harming the snails!"

That's never what they're giving me a look about.  

Archived