IGNORED

Burberry Cosmetics

Mecca

I have a slight obsession with Burberry cosmetics at the moment. It is a relatively newer line compared to other high-end cosmetic lines. Their quality is impeccable, and I find their products to be much better than most other lines I have tried. 

In this thread I will post pictures of the eye shadows or whatever products from the line I have. I will start with the eyeshadows first. 

Below is No. 06 Plum Pink Complete Eye Palette. Retail is $60 US and can be found at Sephora, Burberry, Nordstrom and Saks in the U.S. 

image.jpeg

Next is No. 100 Single eyeshadow in Porcelain. Retail is $29. U.S. These can be used wet or dry. They go on smoothly with no fall out and blend like dream. 

image.jpeg

This is No. 002 Nude. This single shadow is from the glow line. It offers a more metallic finish without looking too shiny. Good shadow for a one color look. Retail $29 US. 

image.jpeg

This is No. 003 Shell from the glow line. Again, has a more metallic finish. This runs more in the peachy tone family and can also be used as a highlighter for fair skin gals. 

image.jpeg

If anyone gets one shadow from this line, it has to be this shadow. Pale Barley. No. 102. This product is holy grail status for me. It gives the most amazing wash of color and makes you look like you did more than you did. It looks like a lid color and contour color all at the same time. It has a slight pearlized finish, but it does not give a frosty effect. 

image.jpeg

This is No. 202 Rosewood. Another great shadow for all over color. It has a rosy brown hue that is not harsh. Sometimes rose shadows can make your eyes look red if not careful, but there is enough brown undertone that gives a fresh look with this shadow. 

image.jpeg

This is No. 302 Taupe Brown. It is a matte finish shadow that is insanely pigmented. A little goes a long way. I use this as a crease color and it blends like a dream. Sometimes matte shadows are a pain to blend, but not this shadow. 

image.jpeg

Another holy grail product for me. No. 300 Midnight Brown. This is a warm tone deep brown for the crease. I have used it for a smokey eye look for night and it was amazing. Again, very pigmented shadow that blends amazingly. 

image.jpeg

This is my newest edition. No. 203 Dusky Mauve. This is a cool toned greyish brown. Awesome pigment for the crease. 

image.jpeg

I did the photos off my iPhone. Sorry if they suck. The photos might not do the products justice. I will gladly show my other products in the Burberry line if anyone is interested. 

Thank you for the photos and yay for a Burberry thread! I do have one of their blushes in Peony and it is amazing too. I definitely need more of Burberry's stuff.

You are very welcome. I had to slap my hand away yesterday at the Burberry store. I went straight to the lipsticks. I really don't need a new Burberry lipstick, but my goodness are they brilliant. 

I also have three blushes and two cream shadows. Their cream shadows are so weird. They are like no other cream shadow I have ever used, but they last on the eye for hours. I can post those too. 

Eyeshadow is generally the one and only makeup item I won't spend big bucks on because there are so many low and mid priced options that are good out there. But that first quad you posted looks gorgeous... I kinda want it.

16 hours ago, donnal said:

Eyeshadow is generally the one and only makeup item I won't spend big bucks on because there are so many low and mid priced options that are good out there. But that first quad you posted looks gorgeous... I kinda want it.

Agreed!!  That quad looks fantastic.

What are the lipsticks like?

@SpunkySpurgeonetteI will gladly post pictures of my Burberry lipstick collection. I honestly think Burberry makes some of the best lipsticks on the market. They make several different types- Velvet, Kisses, Glow Balm, and Lip Mist. I own all formulas except the Glow Balm.

The matte formula is the velvet line. It is more of a satin wearable matte that is comfortable on the lips without drying your lips out. This matte formula is creamy in texture. The pigment is intense and the formula is long wearing. I can get hours of wear without having to reapply. 6 hour plus even with eating or drinking. 

The Kisses formula is more moisturizing with a satin finish. The shades in this line are versatile because you can build them up and go as light or as intense as you want. I can get a few good hours of wear, usually 4 hours plus of wear time depending on the shade. 

Lip Mist formula is the most hydrating and houses my most fav colour, Oxblood. It is almost like a highly pigmented gel balm. Very nice on the lips. Very hydrating. Gives a dewy finish. 

Contrary to above, I will spend big on eyeshadows...but I REALLY want to be sure Burberry is worth it...don't want the disappointment of spending over $50 on a shit palette. At least sephora has a very generous return policy.

Generally I find that slightly higher priced options (urban decay, kat von d) have better color payout, last longer, and are sometimes less likely to go everywhere (though this is par for the course with powder eyeshadows of any kind)

I'd just like to be convinced Burberry is superior to urban decay. But I'm looking on sephora and I really like the dark spice palette, @Mecca do you have experience with that?

I'm also tempted to get this for some bizarre reason. http://www.sephora.com/autumn-winter-2015-runway-palette-P399006?skuId=1749340&icid2=product_similar%20products_makeup:eye%20makeup:eyeshadow%20palettes%20&%20eye%20sets_p399006_image

Goddamnit.

@ShepherdontheRock I do not have the Spice palette, but I have played with it and swatched it. It is next on the list to buy. I am giving myself a timeout on buying stuff. That timeout will not last long I am sure. 

The pigment on the Spice palette is crazy good and honestly the most everyday wearable of the lot outside of the Mocha palette. The darker shade in the Spice quad can be used as a liner. 

I really like UD and own a lot of their shadows and all the Naked palettes. I actually prefer Burberry because they wear better and blend like a dream with less fallout. I do wear eye primer, but the times when I don't I still get long wear out of the shadows without any creasy. 

4 hours ago, iweartanktops6 said:

@Mecca

Would you say that Burberry has better lipstick than Tom Ford? 

Yes. I own several TF lipsticks and I like Burberry's texture and wearability better. 

Sorry I have not been able to finish posting the products. I will get cracking on finishing that up tomorrow. It has been a busy day. 

I will start with the Burberry Lip Velvets. 

No. 417 Bright Rose

image.jpeg

No. 421 Rose Wood

image.jpeg

No. 307 Rose Pink

image.jpeg

No. 302 Peony Rose

image.jpeg

My fav. No. 214 Oxblood in the Lip Mist formula. It looks dark, but it gives the most beautiful rosy red colour on the lips. 

image.jpeg

The rest are Kisses formula. I just realized I apparently like rose colours. This is No. 23 English Rose  

image.jpeg

I got this set for Christmas. Included was No. 7 Earthy Blush. I use it as a shadow as well. No  109 lipstick in Military Red, Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base, and small kabuki brush.

image.jpeg

I have two lip pencils. One of the left is No. 02 Dusty Rose. One of the right is No. 09 Military Red. 

image.jpeg

I will post my blushes and cream shadows tomorrow. :) 

On February 3, 2016 at 11:56 PM, Mecca said:

@SpunkySpurgeonetteI will gladly post pictures of my Burberry lipstick collection. I honestly think Burberry makes some of the best lipsticks on the market. They make several different types- Velvet, Kisses, Glow Balm, and Lip Mist. I own all formulas except the Glow Balm.

The matte formula is the velvet line. It is more of a satin wearable matte that is comfortable on the lips without drying your lips out. This matte formula is creamy in texture. The pigment is intense and the formula is long wearing. I can get hours of wear without having to reapply. 6 hour plus even with eating or drinking. 

The Kisses formula is more moisturizing with a satin finish. The shades in this line are versatile because you can build them up and go as light or as intense as you want. I can get a few good hours of wear, usually 4 hours plus of wear time depending on the shade. 

Lip Mist formula is the most hydrating and houses my most fav colour, Oxblood. It is almost like a highly pigmented gel balm. Very nice on the lips. Very hydrating. Gives a dewy finish. 

Ohhhh @Mecca this is fantastic!  Thanks for posting the colours!

1 hour ago, SpunkySpurgeonette said:

@Mecca I've now updated my Sephora list with a number of things you've posted.  I can't get enough of how yummy your items are!

Let me know what you get. I think I may put in another order this week or may go to the Burberry store. If I do, I will let you know. 

I am truly sorry I am just now getting back to this thread. One of those wacky weeks. I will get my stuff together and finish posting the pictures. 

On February 6, 2016 at 4:56 PM, iweartanktops6 said:

OMGGG, the oxblood!! Fucking gorgeous! I'm buying it! Thanks, @Mecca

You are very welcome. I really think you will love it. It is such an amazing lipstick. I also have the nail polish in Oxblood. 

Archived