IGNORED

Lipstick

iweartanktops

What are your favorite lipsticks? 

So far, Tom Ford is the one I'm really familiar with (and I love it). I've only recently started wearing lipstick, as I mainly focus on eyes and hoarding fuckloads of lip balms and glosses . :) 

Burberry lipsticks are my favorite right now. Their velvet line are the best mattes out there. I typically do not like matte formulas because they can be drying, but not these. I also like Dior, Chanel and YSL. I am thinking about taking the plunge and getting a Christian Louboutin lipstick, but the price tag. :pb_eek:

Recently tried a NYX matte lipstick for the first time (and their lip primer pencil). I love it! 

My standbys for a while have been the Clinique long-last lipsticks.

Has anyone tried the kylie jenner lip kit? Normally i try to stay away from anything kardashian, but i have heard good reviews. Is it worth it?

Does anyone know of any lip products that won't rub off for anything?

I generally cannot wear them since when I play clarinet, if I'm wearing any colored lip product it rubs on my mouthpiece and reeds and makes a mess.

My favourite lately has been a MAC lipstick in the shade Blankety. It's the perfect pink-nude on me. And also Clinique's Different Lipstick in Glazed Berry is a lovely pink.

@ShepherdontheRock have you tried any lip stains? They generally don't rub off

1 hour ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

I generally cannot wear them since when I play clarinet, if I'm wearing any colored lip product it rubs on my mouthpiece and reeds and makes a mess.

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick would work for you. 

2 hours ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

I've had good luck with the MAC Retro Matte liquid lipsticks.  Generally, liquid lip is longer wearing and has less transfer after it dries.  I think the MAC ones are pretty good, but I have heard the darker colors perform better than the lighter colors (that tend to crack and sink into lines).  

4 hours ago, FrumperSeamstress said:

My favourite lately has been a MAC lipstick in the shade Blankety. It's the perfect pink-nude on me. And also Clinique's Different Lipstick in Glazed Berry is a lovely pink.

@ShepherdontheRock have you tried any lip stains? They generally don't rub off

Lip stains sometimes work but only if I put a translucent sealing pencil on over it.

Has anyone tried a lip sealant?

So far my go to lipstick is Smashbox in Femme Fatale (plum/purple).

I am thinking of trying Kat Von D everlasting liquid lipstick.

Has anyone tried tinted balms and can recommend any?

I have no money to buy brand-name cosmetics, as in Chanel, Dior etc. I don't trust dollar store brands and other cheap options so I usually settle for some drug store semi-brand like Manhattan cosmetics, Nivea, Helena Rubinstein etc. or the drug store's natural cosmetics brand. I only ever use kiss-proof lipstick. 

If anyone is really into matte liquid lipsticks like me, I highly recommend ColourPop Cosmetics. Their lipsticks are really inexpensive ($5-$6 USD) but I find them to be very good quality and they have a killer colour selection. They are quite drying though so do use a bit of lip balm but other than that, I love them. Other liquid lipsticks I recommend are the Kat von D liquid lipsticks, and the Sephora Cream Lip Stains. 

I like Fresh rose color lipstick. I guess it is probably more of a lip stain. It gives a more natural look. It's not really dark but goes with my pale skin tone. 

27 minutes ago, OreoMidnight said:

I like Fresh rose color lipstick. I guess it is probably more of a lip stain. It gives a more natural look. It's not really dark but goes with my pale skin tone. 

I like that product too! I also love Dior Glow in pink. It gives the most amazing fresh pink tone to my lips and works well with my fair skin. I love the whole Dior Glow line. I wear the blush, lip balm and nail polish. Good stuff. 

17 hours ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

Have you tried OCC Lip Tars? There may be a little bit of transfer when first applied, but it will set to the point of no transfer and doesn't feel drying. I love them, my only complaint is that you have to use a brush to apply them so reapplying later in the day isn't as easy as a quick swipe of lipstick.

I'm in love with Fresh Sugar and Urban Decay. I actually found My Red after a trip to Sephora -- it's Urban Decay F-Bomb. I don't use it often (red is very bold and I tend toward understated/low maintenance). 

On 1/2/2016 at 0:03 PM, Fundie Bunny said:

Has anyone tried the kylie jenner lip kit? Normally i try to stay away from anything kardashian, but i have heard good reviews. Is it worth it?

They're good, my lips are very thin and when I wear it they look bigger.. Not the best lipsticks but they're good. (I try to stay away from them too but that was my parents xmas gift so.. lol)

• 2 months later...
On February 1, 2016 at 11:02 PM, OreoMidnight said:

What brand is this? Sounds promising!

On February 1, 2016 at 9:26 PM, vespeon said:

If anyone is really into matte liquid lipsticks like me, I highly recommend ColourPop Cosmetics. Their lipsticks are really inexpensive ($5-$6 USD) but I find them to be very good quality and they have a killer colour selection. They are quite drying though so do use a bit of lip balm but other than that, I love them. Other liquid lipsticks I recommend are the Kat von D liquid lipsticks, and the Sephora Cream Lip Stains. 

My daughter has been ordering from here like crazy! She is addicted. Normally she is stingy with her money and hoards it. It's nice to see her buy something she enjoys.

@Grimalkin The rose colored lipstick is made by FRESH. If you look on Sephora under FRESH I think the lipsticks will come up. The color is Rosé. It's very nice. Not heavy like a lipstick. I've seen  6 or 7 different colors of FRESH lipsticks  in the Sephora store. 

3 minutes ago, OreoMidnight said:

@Grimalkin The rose colored lipstick is made by FRESH. If you look on Sephora under FRESH I think the lipsticks will come up. The color is Rosé. It's very nice. Not heavy like a lipstick. I've 6 or 7 different colors of FRESH lipsticks  in the Sephora store. 

Omg I'm a dork!

Archived