IGNORED

philosophy

MatthewDuggar

Anyone else love philosophy products?   I think the body lotions are the best.  I'm not much into the dessert smelling shower gels, but the pure grace scent is nice.  I also think that miracle in a jar is an awesome facial cream.  Many people hate the smell, but it grows on you. 

2 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Their products are too expensive for me.

Yes, they certainly are not cheap.  I usually buy them if there is a sale or ask for them as gifts.  

I had a raspberry sorbet body wash from them that I bought last summer that I just couldn't resist because of the smell (out of character for me- I usually avoid scented products), but I ended up giving it to my sister because I have extremely dry skin and am so finicky about what ingredients I use and all that. Shouldn't have bought it in the first place, but my sister is loving it. 

I've been using Purity Made Simple face wash for a long time. I have Rosacea so my skin is very sensitive to most products. This works well for me. 

I could write a four book series on all things philosophy. That brand turned my skin around when nothing else would many years ago. I had the opportunity to meet the founder and she was the one that got me started on a skincare regimen that helped soothe my cranky skin. Whenever I try new things outside of philosophy, it never works out. My skin responds so well.

I swear I should work for the company.....

50 minutes ago, Mecca said:

I could write a four book series on all things philosophy. That brand turned my skin around when nothing else would many years ago. I had the opportunity to meet the founder and she was the one that got me started on a skincare regimen that helped soothe my cranky skin. Whenever I try new things outside of philosophy, it never works out. My skin responds so well.

I swear I should work for the company.....

This is how I feel about Kiehl's and Peter Thomas Roth! 

17 minutes ago, iweartanktops6 said:

This is how I feel about Kiehl's and Peter Thomas Roth! 

Kiehl's. I cannot explain to you how much I love their deodorant. Only deodorant I can use that does not do a number on the pits. Today at the mall I saw they are putting in a new free standing store. Yes! 

I love Philosophy! And I work by one of the only stand-alone Philosophy stores in the country (in Chandler, AZ). They do a Black Friday sale every year where almost the entire store is 50% off, and the gift with purchases are fantastic. Renewed Hope with SPF is my day moisturizer, while I prefer to use the more potent Miracle Worker at night. My husband bought me the My Philosophy layering scents for Christmas, and I love it.  

I have never really used more than Purity Made Simple, which I do like but isn't in my current rotation (though I have a nearly full 8oz bottle of it) for home or travel. 

I did once have a sample for a moisturizer -- Take A Deep Breath, I think -- and it was GREAT, but Avene Cleanance moisturizer had a similar result but was more mattifying, so I stuck with it.

I haven't tried the cosmetics, but philosophy's pure grace cologne spray is something I have loved for years!  

On 1/31/2016 at 0:58 PM, RosyDaisy said:

Their products are too expensive for me.

Same here. I'm willing to splurge on higher-end stuff, but while I've liked the samples of philosophy products I've tried I've never liked them enough to shell out for the full products. Though everyone's posts here make me think I should try to catch a sale sometime!

I love using Purity face wash with my Clarisonic. It cleans my face super well and doesn't dry it out. I love it! That's really the only product that I have tried, though. I know that their body washes smell super amazing, but I am too cheap to buy both. Maybe when I get my raise next month I will splurge.

Archived