IGNORED

Liquid Eyeliner

ShepherdontheRock

Does anyone else here like winged liquid eyeliner?

If so, what is the eyeliner you use, and what is your technique for not fucking up?

I can't do the wing, but I do really love Kat Von D's Tattoo Liquid eyeliner. It is amazing. It is a Sephora exclusive. MakeupByTiffanyD has some pretty good tutorials on Youtube. 

I love that there is a makeup sub-forum!!

I don't do winged eyeliner (or much at all usually) but I just wanted to hop in here and say I'm SOOO EXCITED for this forum... but that wasn't a good enough reason to start a whole new thread :D 

I use Urban Decay for liquid and pencil eyeliners. Most of my eye makeup is UD actually. 

I don't do winged often, but when I do the scotch tape method helps. I also learned a lot on the makeupaddiction subreddit

And count me as another FJer in favor of this new forum!

I use Maybelline's gel liner for my wings. with primer it stays on all day.

I've heard good things about Inglot and Makeup Geek as well.

I really like NYX Collection Noir Liquid Black Liner. It's great stuff and has a really thin brush. My technique is years of practice. When I was first learning, I put a piece of tape (medical tape works great for this) from the corner of my eye in whatever angle I wanted the liner to be. Then I applied the liner and the tape caught all the errors in that direction so I had a straight line on the bottom. Not much you can do for the top, though. That just takes practice. :)

I've also heard great things about Inglot for gel liner. I have Maybelline's gel liner and feel like it's not very pigmented at all (maybe I got a bad batch?). I would recommend starting with liquid, even though they have a similar effect.

23 hours ago, lynn0810 said:

I can't do the wing, but I do really love Kat Von D's Tattoo Liquid eyeliner. It is amazing. It is a Sephora exclusive. MakeupByTiffanyD has some pretty good tutorials on Youtube. 

I love that there is a makeup sub-forum!!

I've used the Kat Von D tattoo liner. The last pen I got didn't work that well though, maybe I got a bad one.

2 hours ago, December said:

I use Urban Decay for liquid and pencil eyeliners. Most of my eye makeup is UD actually. 

I don't do winged often, but when I do the scotch tape method helps. I also learned a lot on the makeupaddiction subreddit

And count me as another FJer in favor of this new forum!

I LOVE UD eyeshadow primer! And eyeshadows.

So maybe I'll try their liquid eyeliner next. Don't know why I haven't yet!

On 1/31/2016 at 5:50 PM, ShepherdontheRock said:

Does anyone else here like winged liquid eyeliner?

If so, what is the eyeliner you use, and what is your technique for not fucking up?

Hell yeah! Tank Tops, reporting to cosmetics! 

I prefer these liquid pens:

Eyeko*

Chanel 

Dior

*comes with a guitar pick thingy that helps you shape the wing tip. 

My favorite liquid eyeliner of all times was Chanel in the pen, but those little rats went and changed the application from a brush to a felt tip. Now I use MAC Fluid Line with either a MAC 209 brush or a MAC 266 brush if I want a winged eyeliner. I swear by Fluidline. That stuff stays put and has great pigment. 

8 minutes ago, iweartanktops6 said:

MAC fluidline is so good! I completely agree! I'm still pretty happy with Chanel, but the tip dries out. @Mecca

I cannot even begin to tell you how upset I was about the change. Yep, that is really pathetic, but damn I loved that applicator. I wear a lot of Chanel cosmetics and apparently I take it personal when they do not consult me on a product change. LOL!  My latest obsession is Burberry cosmetics. Oh. My. Heavens. 

Burberry eyeshadow is hands down my favorite eyeshadow ever invited. So much so, I gave away all my Mac shadows - five complete professional palettes full of MAC shadows. I love MUFE, Urban Decay, Dior, Chanel, Nars, and Inglot shadows, but Burberry beats them all. Everyone must own Burberry Pale Barley. One shadow all over the lid that can make you look like you did more than you actually did. They blend like a dream and the pigmentation is insane. 

They also have amazing blushes and they do my favorite lipsticks. I have so many it is actually embarrassing. The pigment and smoothness is fabulous. Burberry Oxblood lipstick is my favorite lipstick right now.  

@Mecca

Fuck. I'm gonna have to pull a fundie and grift a make-up haul mission for Burberry. When fiancé is pissed at how much I spent, I'll send him your way! ;) 

10 minutes ago, iweartanktops6 said:

@Mecca

Fuck. I'm gonna have to pull a fundie and grift a make-up haul mission for Burberry. When fiancé is pissed at how much I spent, I'll send him your way! ;) 

I will take one for the team. Us makeup fans need to stick together. :my_smile:

I am all for dior addict it-line. There is no way to take that shit off. About not fucking up, no advice here, i always fuck up. :pb_lol:

I love winged eyeliner! I used revlon gel liner for the line and a rimmel liquid liner for the wings. It has got a really fine tip and great pigmentation which makes the winging much easier!

I used to use an old gift card to guide the line (you hold it up kind of between the corner of your eye and the edge of your nostril) but I just freehand it now. The more you do it the better you get! Took me a good 2 years to be able to wing freehand and have it look halfway decent.

I love makeup!  I'm pretty good at my eyes and don't do much beyond concealer for the rest of it.

I'm not the best when it comes to winged liner.  I can't ever quite get it to look right, so I usually use liquid or gel to add a little extra oomph around my lash line since my lashes are sparse and fine

Anyone tightline?  Upper, lower or both?  I've been practicing the upper, and I'm getting better at it.

My life was changed when I orderd CLIO's Kill Black eyeliner.  The pen and brush-tip are so smooth and fine, I can basically do my wing as if I were drawing with a pen.  Plus it stays on FOREVER.

Downside: CLIO is a Korean brand and I don't read Korean...so I have no idea what the box says.  

I've been using Almay intense i-colour, and I like it, but Almay's commericals piss me off, so I won't be repurchasing it again. I might have to try Clinique, since most of my makeup is from them anyway

I have super oily skin and lids, so stay power is extremely important. I love the Stila stay all day waterproof liquid liner. I think it and the Kat Von D liners are the 2 highest rated. Though I would love to find a cheaper option that is just as good!

Archived