IGNORED

Sweet Tea and Buttermilk: Baby Watch 2016

SolomonFundy

20 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Very scary thought.

How old was she when she married?

I think around 24?  Hopefully the last 2 will be her only set of twins and that the spacing gets a little bigger.  This is literally one a year every year.  I seriously cannot imagine how she has time to do it all.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I think around 24?  Hopefully the last 2 will be her only set of twins and that the spacing gets a little bigger.  This is literally one a year every year.  I seriously cannot imagine how she has time to do it all.

I wonder how she doesn't have any serious back issues. I know a full on, hard core Mormon woman who had six kids in eight years. Between the pregnancies, deliveries, and carrying around babies, her back was all kinds of messed up and she was in extreme pain some days. Even she was like, "Heavenly Father is gonna have to be happy with six!" And she was fit, fairly young, and had easy pregnancies. 

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

How old was she when she married?

If I'm not mistaken, she's either 32 or she will be turning 32 at some point in the next few months. And she got married in October of 2008. I am ashamed of myself for knowing this much information about her. 

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

She could have ended up with 20 and more. What a scary thought.

She might still get to 20. She'll be 32 when this baby is born. If she keeps up like this, and maybe even has another set of twins, she could end up with 18 to 20 kids. 

Not that I think there needs to be more children being exploited on TV, but I don't understand why TLC doesn't offer this woman a show. Watching her manage this many young children without any older sister-moms to raise the children would be much more interesting than watching whatever pointless, boring stuff is going on with the Duggars. 

I was trolling her instagram yesterday and nothing new. Now I come home from a days work check out free jinger and behold she is pregnant.... I was almost thinking that she took a break because of the twins. Apparently not.....

I just looked back on her Instagram account and it is seven weeks since she posted a photo that she lost all the weight she gained from the twins. Only a few weeks after that picture was taken she got pregnant again.  That can't be good for your body.

47 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

If I'm not mistaken, she's either 32 or she will be turning 32 at some point in the next few months. And she got married in October of 2008. I am ashamed of myself for knowing this much information about her. 

She might still get to 20. She'll be 32 when this baby is born. If she keeps up like this, and maybe even has another set of twins, she could end up with 18 to 20 kids. 

Not that I think there needs to be more children being exploited on TV, but I don't understand why TLC doesn't offer this woman a show. Watching her manage this many young children without any older sister-moms to raise the children would be much more interesting than watching whatever pointless, boring stuff is going on with the Duggars. 

If she keeps going at her current rate, a birth every 14 months, and doesn't have another set of twins, she'll end up with 16 by 2026, when she's 42. Since a lot of the super fertile end up having their last baby when they are 44, yeah, she could end up with 18. 

Again, this assumes she doesn't have a ton of complications to slow her fertility, or doesn't have another set of twins (very possible, since Courtney's twins now are fraternal, which is based on a woman's fertility, not chance). 

I'm currious to find out when she's do, so I can see how long she'll be between births for this one. 

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

I said it before, but I get really really sick when I think of the amount of blanket training and other horrible "training methods" her kids probably have to suffer from. There is no way she can handle that brood without any kind of violent behavior. Those poor kiddos probably won't enjoy much homeschooling either since their mother is always pregnant or exhausted from having a newborn and 2 toddlers at the same time.

I feel like Courtney is one of those rare people who is super-organized and really can handle a lot more children than most people can. But everyone has their limits and I think she's probably rapidly approaching the point where she won't be able to handle it much longer. So she probably didn't have her laundry room meltdown at 7 kids like Michelle - but I'm guessing hers will come somewhere around kid #10 or 11. 

I really would be interested in seeing what truly goes on in their household on a daily basis. The amount of mischief her kids seem to get into - and the way Courtney seems to be amused and taking pictures of the mischief makes me think/hope she might not be using blanket training. But I'm probably being hopelessly naive.

I do think her kids seem well fed, clean, well dressed, and (unless she's lying) seem to be progressing with homeschooling at a normal pace. I realize that we're only getting a small glimpse of their lives on instagram, but some of these fundies can't even seem to hide the deplorable conditions their children live in when they're only showing us a tiny slice of their lives on social media. Crap, I hope this means that I haven't turned her into my pet Fundie. I'm hanging my head in shame just a little bit right now.

I'm sending myself to the prayer closet now, and I'm not allowed to come out until I can think of at least 2 negative things to say about Courtney. 

Also wonder if she's breastfeeding.  Breast feeding while pregnant is a lot of energy and nutrients exiting the body.  I noticed an Ezekiel bread wrapper peeking out of one bag, so hopefully they are financially sound enough to eat a very good diet. However, if she's shopping in Santa Fe or Albuquerque (both have bag bans AFAIK) there are Whole Foods* and and a few other options for organics.

Courtney isn't living the life I'd want for myself, but she genuinely seems eager to surround herself with lively children. She also seems uniquely capable of managing them all. We will never know the "truth" of her homelife one way or the other, but it seems unlikely from the glimpses we get that she is as unprepared or unstable as Michelle Duggar was at this point. Courtney comes from a large family, and so does her husband. They married in their mid-20's, not in their teens. The fact that she has a multitude of boys as her eldest children means that, in a few years, the division of labor will probably look a lot more like the Arndt household than the Bates or Duggar home. 

All of that said, she's going at a break-neck pace. Her older sons are finally old enough to play and do some light school work without needing her immediate supervision, but other than the eldest two, FIVE children who are qualifiably toddlers or babies are there, and all need her 24/7. That number will soon be 6. The only thing I can say is that I sincerely hope she has access to outside help if she wants it or needs it. 

I guess that Baby's First Thanksgiving bib won't be getting a rest this year.

Since she likes one syllable names that begin with C, I vote for Chive.  It's unique, and it works for a boy or a girl (because nobody else would ever name their kid Chive).

Erika Shupe of Large Families on Purpose gave birth to her 7th kid only 10 and a half months after the 6th, and then numbers 8 and 9 came 11 months after number 7. They're the shortest gaps I've heard of, but she had some other big gaps between others: 13 months between 1 and 2, 3 years between 2 and 3, another 3 years between 3 and 4, 1 year between 4 and 5, and about two years between 5 and 6. She'd been on the pill between 2 and 3, 3 and 4 and 5 and 6. 

Courtney sounds insane. 

Courtney will never disappoint! I hate to admit but when I saw the Instagram I did a little jig. I knew it was coming, we all did!

As for the color, there is no way they can know yet. The twins were born in September.She can't be far enough along to know. 

She is, however, right on schedule. #8 will be right on time for the bib. 

The oldest just turned six. She will have eight kids six & under. Surely, even her god doesn't find that healthy for anyone? Her uterus is going to fall the fuck out. It has no time to heal. Ever.

I have a dog client who's 3 youngest siblings were born in a 22 month time span (no twins). This was over 40 years ago. 

I think I've said this before, but I knew a woman who had two foster daughters born 7 months apart.  Full sisters.

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

I have a dog client who's 3 youngest siblings were born in a 22 month time span (no twins). This was over 40 years ago. 

Yikes! That's impressive.

Just now, happy atheist said:

Yikes! That's impressive.

I would say. Their were 5 kids total   My client is the 2nd oldest. Interesting thing though my client and one of her sisters each only had 1 child. 

6 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I would say. Their were 5 kids total   My client is the 2nd oldest. Interesting thing though my client and one of her sisters each only had 1 child. 

My mom is a set of Irish triplets - all born in 24 months (and a week or two, but I've never calculated it out). There were 6 more after. 

Among the 9 siblings, 5 had 2 kids, 2 had only 1 kid and 2 had 3. None of them liked being in such a big family, for many reasons, and none wanted to do that to their children. 

41 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

My mom is a set of Irish triplets - all born in 24 months (and a week or two, but I've never calculated it out). There were 6 more after. 

Among the 9 siblings, 5 had 2 kids, 2 had only 1 kid and 2 had 3. None of them liked being in such a big family, for many reasons, and none wanted to do that to their children. 

Their was a story on the Today Show Facebook page of a woman who had 9 children the reason for the story was their were 4 sets of twins. (3 boy/girl & 1 girl/girl). Along with an older son. Of the 9 their were only 14 grandchildren. I think a few might not of had kids.  

Since  we're talking about Courtney, I just thought of Kristina of the K's. Wonder how many blessings she has now and whether or not her Mom is still living with them? 

Courtney may surprise us and say enough is enough. I didn't think a Baptist preacher made enough money to support 10 people and eat organically. I know how much our pastor makes, salary and house allowance and in this area it's not that much. 

:stork-baby::teasing-binkybaby:

A heartfelt "Thank You" to SolomonFundy for bringing on tonight's FJ-induced asthma attack. *wheeze* *wheeze*  (Your Magic Underwear avatar got me!  Now DH and the Canine Headship are both pissed because I can't quit giggling & wheezing.)

Just found this thread.  Thanks in advance for the giggles!:content:

...and the award for Asthma Attack Part 2 goes to @JMarie.

Chive????  You are Too. Much.  *howling*

Okay y'all -- Seriously.  Stop with the names already!  I can't breathe!!!!

Corn
Cann & Can't
Cope

toooooo much.

16 minutes ago, anniebgood said:

Since  we're talking about Courtney, I just thought of Kristina of the K's. Wonder how many blessings she has now and whether or not her Mom is still living with them? 

Kristina doesn't update her facebook page much (and she seems to have stopped blogging altogether.) But, the last update was fairly recent, I think maybe a few weeks ago, and she has 5 kids at this point. The youngest one is 11 months - I think he'll be 1 later this month. And she and her husband Josh have started a furniture making business. I have no idea if her Mom still lives with them or not. 

Back when she was still blogging, she expressed some concerns about leaving the number of children she has up to God. She blogged something about trying to use yams to prevent pregnancies. I've noticed that she seems to be having slightly longer lengths between pregnancies lately, so I'm starting to wonder if they're doing something to prevent (probably not birth control, but perhaps NFP or something along those lines. There were 13 months between baby # 1 and the twins. 20 months between the twins and # 4, and 21 months between # 4 and # 5. I"m curious to see what happens now that her youngest is about to turn 1. I wonder if we'll see an even bigger gap this time. 

My grandma got pregnant with my mom three weeks after giving birth to my aunt :/ and she had her last kid (super healthy) when she was 46.. Crazy fertility right there.

Archived