IGNORED

Sweet Tea and Buttermilk: Baby Watch 2016

SolomonFundy

We haven't had a Courtney thread in a while! She and her preacher husband live in New Mexico with their 7 children, all 5-and-under. She's famous for looking like a teenager well into her 20's, giving her boys monosyllabic "C" names (Clint, Clay, Cade, Cash, Colt, and Case, plus daughter Callie), and for her use of a distinctive Thanksgiving turkey bib for each new baby. She hasn't had a Thanksgiving without a new baby since her marriage. She recently made her Facebook private again, but her Instagram and blog are still up. She doesn't seem to update the blog anymore.

I fully admit that this is straight-up creeper territory, but I used a pregnancy calculator to gage the latest possible date that Courtney-of-the-endless-Irish-Twin-births could conceive and STILL produce a new recipient of the hallowed Thanksgiving Bib this year.

February 18 is the magic day for a full 40-week gestation ending on or before November 24. 

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh god, I thought she'd announced another pregnancy. I wouldn't be surprised if she actually has announced on FB...her twins were born in September, she's overdue for another.

What's her IG? She hasn't updated her blog in months.

Oh yes! I had almost forgotten about her. I stopped following her regularly when she stopped updating her blog. I don't have IG. 

I thought for sure this was going to be a pregnancy announcement! What I really want to know is what name she will use next. She is going to run out of boy names soon. 

Carl, Cal, Cam, Carr, Cai, Cak, Cap,  Caye, Cann, Clyde, Clem, Cole, Cornn...

The list of names and not-names is endless

Corn. That does have a western ring to it. I'm surprised she hasn't had a Clyde by now. 

3 minutes ago, BullsChargers said:

That one's reserved for the next set of twins: Cann and Cant.

THIS IS AN AMAZING FIRST POST!

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Maybe since she got 2 last time, she'll skip a Thanksgiving new baby this year.

Now that's just delusional.  She needs to double down and have quads!  11 kids 6 and under! Not even the Gosselin that!

3 hours ago, slickcat79 said:

Oh god, I thought she'd announced another pregnancy. I wouldn't be surprised if she actually has announced on FB...her twins were born in September, she's overdue for another.

What's her IG? She hasn't updated her blog in months.

Sweetteabuttermilk is her insta

4 minutes ago, FundiesInParis said:

Already? Didn't she just have a kid?

Twins in September. But she's also had a baby every single year since 2010; heck two kids are Irish twins, and the actual twins make an Irish triplet with their older brother.

There will be at least a pregnancy in 2016, if not a birth. 

So, I love kids, and if I ever meet and then marry/shack up with a worthy male specimen, I can see myself having lots of babies and staying at home with them (NB that this is all speculative and I may never have kids or may have one and realize I'm gonna close the baby shop right up). Point is, I really like kids and I have idealistic little fantasies about having lots of them. And just the phrase "7 under 5" makes me gasp and recoil. No fucking way. That is toooo many little-littles at once.

Do we know if the twins were c-section or natural? It *may* affect the timing of the next pregnancy.

4 hours ago, BullsChargers said:

That one's reserved for the next set of twins: Cann and Cant.

I think someone in a previous thread suggested Cant and Cope for the next twins. Great option also :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

Sweetteabuttermilk is her insta

Well, looks like she was excited over losing the twin weight a couple weeks ago, and looked quite skinny. I'm still betting she'll have another by the end of the year though. 

38 minutes ago, dianapavelovna said:

So, I love kids, and if I ever meet and then marry/shack up with a worthy male specimen, I can see myself having lots of babies and staying at home with them (NB that this is all speculative and I may never have kids or may have one and realize I'm gonna close the baby shop right up). Point is, I really like kids and I have idealistic little fantasies about having lots of them. And just the phrase "7 under 5" makes me gasp and recoil. No fucking way. That is toooo many little-littles at once.

When I was a teenager, I was quite religious. So religious I considered becoming a Catholic missionary. I really wanted to have a huuuge family - the most important thing to me was to become a mother. Then I found out I was infertile, and I *cringe* saw it as a sign from G-d to become a nun. 

I was 17 then. Now I'm 21 and studying to become a theoretical physicist, someday. THAT'S how I know there's a higher power - and I constantly thank that higher power for saving me from a life in which I felt my worth was dependent on my reproductive system. 

7 under 5 is terrifying. This woman doesn't even have enough time between births to think out a proper name for the kid. Case? Really? I bet she'll name another one "Cass."

8 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

You scared the HELL out of me, @SolomonFundy. I thought she was pregnant again! Oh, who am I kidding. Of course she is.

:my_smile: I added the "Baby Watch" in an effort to keep it from looking like an announcement, but there's just no way to see her online handle pop up without assuming that another C is in production. Frankly, I assume she's already pregnant. I think her push to lose the twin weight was because she knows she's up the duff again.

3 hours ago, Bethella said:

Do we know if the twins were c-section or natural? It *may* affect the timing of the next pregnancy.

I had to laugh a little at "c-section" knowing her predilection towards C names.

It's hard to say, and I don't know for sure. She gave birth in New Mexico, which has the lowest occurrence of twin births in the US. That would strongly suggest that a cesarean would happen, since that is still the norm for most women who are carrying multiples in America. Even hospitals that host a higher number of twin births don't necessarily cater to women who prefer vaginal deliveries. However, Courtney is definitely the type that would have made her preferences known, and strongly advocated for a vaginal delivery if that's what she preferred. She went into labor a little early with the twins, which could have impacted her birth plan as well. 

My personal opinion is that she managed a vaginal delivery. This is mainly based on the fact she mentioned (on instagram) wearing control-top panty hose a week after the babies were born. Every woman is different, but control-top panty hose seem like they wouldn't be comfortable over a fresh cesarean incision.

I, too, thought for sure this was an announcement thread. Oh well, it's just a matter of time. :pb_confused:

Meanwhile, I found this gem on her IG:

If that's not a Victoria's Secret bag, I'll eat my hat. I can't even begin to understand what the VS bag is doing in the picture. And this isn't just a snapshot from right when she came home after shopping. The bags were clearly carefully arranged. So strange. So Courtney. :P

33 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I, too, thought for sure this was an announcement thread. Oh well, it's just a matter of time. :pb_confused:

Meanwhile, I found this gem on her IG:

that's not a Victoria's Secret bag, I'll eat my hat. I can't even begin to understand what the VS bag is doing in the picture. And this isn't just a snapshot from right when she came home after shopping. The bags were clearly carefully arranged. So strange. So Courtney. :P

Well. She's gotta keep the baby machine going somehow. Makes her husband temporarily forget how many they already have. Frankly, I don't know how they have time for sexy times. 

5 hours ago, dianapavelovna said:

I feel the exact samy ways. I would love to have lots of babies and maybe even beeing a stay-at-home-mom. But so far I haven't found a guy to share those dreams with and I can also imagine that I might shut the baby factory down after having 2 or 3.

Archived