IGNORED

Love Letters to Richard Dawkins

AmazonGrace

Love letters to Richard Dawkins. 

They are mostly from blessed godly people, so the language is not fit for the ears of children or your boss. 

This is like 7 minutes of Dawkins reading mean tweets, except not tweets.  I love Celebrities Reading Mean Tweets on Jimmy Kimmel.

Those Xtians need to have their mouths washed out with soap!

4 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I think Dawkins is a dick. That is all.

Quite possible but luckily his arguments, for the most part, aren't based on the belief that he's a great person. 

25 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Quite possible but luckily his arguments, for the most part, aren't based on the belief that he's a great person. 

I said that is all! I meant it!

Just kidding.

I think the messenger matters, especially when the discourse covers topics that are so core and personal to so many people. Dawkins has not been a good messenger in many ways.

Yeah the likeability of the person may have an effect on whether people are inclined to listen to them... but it has no bearing on whether their science holds water. 

Oh, of course not! I was thinking more of his public speaking than anything else!

47 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Yeah the likeability of the person may have an effect on whether people are inclined to listen to them... but it has no bearing on whether their science holds water. 

Unfortunately though, because his scientific arguments hold weight, some people then extrapolate that his statements on a host of other things also automatically do, without the need for any scrutiny (cough cough feminism cough cough).

5 minutes ago, nausicaa25 said:

Unfortunately though, because his scientific arguments hold weight, some people then extrapolate that his statements on a host of other things also automatically do, without the need for any scrutiny (cough cough feminism cough cough).

Not to mention his Islamophobia which goes beyond reason and science into blatant racism. He is the idol of brogressives everywhere. 

12 hours ago, defraudingjezebel said:

Not to mention his Islamophobia which goes beyond reason and science into blatant racism. He is the idol of brogressives everywhere. 

He's by his own admission pretty homophobic too. 

That said, the so-called "Christian" people writing nasty things to him aren't any better than he is.

1 hour ago, JillsFlowerHeadband said:

He's by his own admission pretty homophobic too. 

That said, the so-called "Christian" people writing nasty things to him aren't any better than he is.

But they are helping to prove that one kind of fundamentalism isn't better than another. Only, atheists tend to be disorganised.

Still, in the name of moderate atheism: Richard Dawkins is a gobshite, who needs a new hobby. Maybe adult colouring?

I wish, on everything else, Mr. Dawkins would actually follow the logic he claims is king.

He's, ironically enough, at least as sexist as the Muslims he hates on, by his white knight savior complex.

Archived